Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon interview with Rich Eisen
https://youtu.be/I-DsYv0D06o?si=6lT1k3RkokDTV0VJ
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Mixon definitely playing better since Burrow went out - interesting.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mixon definitely playing better since Burrow went out - interesting.

It has also coincided with Chase Brown coming back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mixon definitely playing better since Burrow went out - interesting.

I know we can all point to the ypc. But I thought Mixon has been playing better all year. There were several games it felt like we would pop off a stretch of nice runs then ignore it for a few series. 
Reply/Quote

(12-17-2023, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It has also coincided with Chase Brown coming back.

It’s coincided with better blocking. Joe has never needed a lick of motivation to play hard every down.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It has also coincided with Chase Brown coming back.

Agree, Brown has lit a fire in him.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 12:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s coincided with better blocking. Joe has never needed a lick of motivation to play hard every down.

The line has been a part of it for sure. But it hasn't been 100% the Olines fault.

Hell having 10 carries a game has had it's effect as well.
Reply/Quote
If you ever thought Joe Mixon was bad in Pass Protection; I present to you Chase Brown
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The line has been a part of it for sure. But it hasn't been 100% the Olines fault.

Hell having 10 carries a game has had it's effect as well.

Exactly, he doesn't get enough carries.  I would rather a 2 or 3 yard carry than a sack or incomplete pass.  Also, Brownings PA Fake is working better because he actually hands the ball off sometimes. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you ever thought Joe Mixon was bad in Pass Protection; I present to you Chase Brown

Mixon's resume is much larger for that though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mixon's resume is much larger for that though. 

Yeah, but that seems to be in the past, Brown's poor pass protection is not.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, but that seems to be in the past, Brown's poor pass protection is not.

Is he not a rookie with very limited snaps this season?
Reply/Quote
Somewhat overlooked from the Vikings game was the 1-yd Mixon TD run on 4th down. We likely don't win if Mixon doesn't refuse to go down there. How in the hell he made the endzone I have no idea. Grown ass man run!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you ever thought Joe Mixon was bad in Pass Protection; I present to you Chase Brown

This is why I defend Mixon more than anything. Brown was highly rated coming out of college in pass protection. I need to see it in the pros before I believe that because A) I don't trust ratings and B) he's not facing any Chem majors finishing off their amateur football career anymore.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It has also coincided with Chase Brown coming back.

I got to say, I really like this kid. I don't think we are in a position yet where we use him correctly. Once they figure it out, I believe he's going to earn the starting spot.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I got to say, I really like this kid. I don't think we are in a position yet where we use him correctly. Once they figure it out, I believe he's going to earn the starting spot.

Brown will have a chance next year to prove himself. til then it's Mixon's backfield and I blame Burrow more for Mixon's lack of usage, as he prefers to opt out of runs and go with passes. Nothing wrong with it, just his preferred style and everyone here should recognize that by now. Until Burrow learns to share the duties better, no RB will do well here.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:24 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Somewhat overlooked from the Vikings game was the 1-yd Mixon TD run on 4th down. We likely don't win if Mixon doesn't refuse to go down there. How in the hell he made the endzone I have no idea. Grown ass man run!!!

I agree, that's why I gave him the game ball yesterday
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 04:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Brown will have a chance next year to prove himself. til then it's Mixon's backfield and I blame Burrow more for Mixon's lack of usage, as he prefers to opt out of runs and go with passes. Nothing wrong with it, just his preferred style and everyone here should recognize that by now. Until Burrow learns to share the duties better, no RB will do well here.

Not unlike KC, Houston or Buffalo. Neither RB's have any stellar stats. 

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:24 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Somewhat overlooked from the Vikings game was the 1-yd Mixon TD run on 4th down. We likely don't win if Mixon doesn't refuse to go down there. How in the hell he made the endzone I have no idea. Grown ass man run!!!

I heard Pace has scheduled tattoo removal surgery to get Mixon's face off his chest. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote