Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably too much to hope for, but how great would Hard Knocks be this year???
With the return of Billings and Radio III, the new rookies including Mixon to drive it, and the fact Marvin kind of like doing it while Hue Jackson says he wants nothing to do with it this year....... C'mon HBO, do the Bengals again.....
Reply/Quote
It would be a good way of humanizing Mixon in a lot of people's eyes, I suppose.

But I think it would ultimately just generate more protests and such.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It would be a good way of humanizing Mixon in a lot of people's eyes, I suppose.

But I think it would ultimately just generate more protests and such.

A ratings bonanza... I think it would be a great way for the league to let people see him and make up their minds off more than 5 seconds of videotape.
Reply/Quote
Aren't the Bucs already signed to do it this year ?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd tune in
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: Aren't the Bucs already signed to do it this year ?

Maybe, but last I read the announcement won't be made till next month or in June. They are on the list of teams that could be forced to do it, but if you have a willing team, why force one. The two seasons the Bengals did had some of the highest ratings.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: Aren't the Bucs already signed to do it this year ?

Yeah I thought Tampa was a done deal.

Reply/Quote
I thought of that but then when they showed Mixon and the Hard Knocks logo together it might send a bad message!  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Reply/Quote
That's the last thing Mixon needs. Just focus on playing football.

Reply/Quote
My understanding is that the Bengals and Tampa Bay play the first preseason game and that the Bengals may be included in that episode.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Nicomo Cosca Wrote:That's the last thing Mixon needs. Just focus on playing football.

Exactly right. That's why I hope the "plan" for Mixon involves keeping his head down and his mouth shut as much as possible, with occasional low-key community work. The big splashy "look what I did" stuff is only going to make the perception of him worse.
Reply/Quote
Tampa has already signed on to do it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Even if Tampa wasn't already doing it, I think we have far too many young players who need to focus on learning and practicing. Those cameras are a distraction they aren't ready for.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I liked when they did Hard Knocks in the past, but this team (especially ogbuehi and fisher) needs to concentrate fully on becoming a team with a much better record than 6-9-1.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were on Hard Knocks, I'd like to see them bring Billy Hamilton over one day and let Ross and Hamilton race.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I know it won't happen, just wishing aloud. As for it being a distraction, Marvin says after day 2 the players and coaches forget the cameras are there. Not to mention, did they not win the Division both times they did the show?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With the return of Billings and Radio III, the new rookies including Mixon to drive it, and the fact Marvin kind of like doing it while Hue Jackson says he wants nothing to do with it this year....... C'mon HBO, do the Bengals again.....

I believe the Bucs get this year?

but we do play the bucs preseason
Reply/Quote