Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Brandon Wilson is my favorite draft pick.
The key to the draft to you was a guy who was taken 207? He obviously was nothing special.

Lol
Reply/Quote
He needs to get unifrom number 3.

He could be "BW3" and get a big endorsement deal from BUffalo Wild Wings
Reply/Quote
Really liking this pick now. Versatile player that is a natural ST guy.

Simmons pick i am sure. Could be the future Probowl ST captain for us once Peerman is done.
Reply/Quote
He sounds like a kid with great potential.

why did he last so long in the draft?  Makes no sense with his speed. What am I missing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 12:13 PM)bengals67 Wrote: He sounds like a kid with great potential.

why did he last so long in the draft?  Makes no sense with his speed. What am I missing?

Mostly because he's an athlete without a true position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 08:07 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Idk I read it somewhere from a decentish source. Seems like I was wrong haha

new special teams captain
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 06:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This years draft coverage was garbage.

I watched ESPN and recorded NFLN.

Soooo many commercials and just bullshit. Maybe i need to quit watching on TV and start just following online.

Just went though all of our day 3 picks.

NFLN spent about 15 seconds total on Glasgow Elliot Evans and Wilson.

Didnt even talk about Evans or Wilson. We even traded up for Wilson and they disnt even touch on it.

Outside of maybe the Jags and Bills, most football fans care about the Bengals the least.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Looks like he is listed as a RB with the Bengals.

Strange considering they called him a safety when they took him.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like he is listed as a RB with the Bengals.  

Strange considering they called him a safety when they took him.

Speaks to his versatility man.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Our need at back up safety was bigger than a lot of people think.  Derron Smith played 45 snaps on defense  against Buffalo last year.  That was the game where Shawn Willians got injured.  But in the other 15 games Smith only played a total of 57 snaps on defense.  Fejedelem only played 40 snaps on defense all year.

2.  Freak athlete.  Here are how his Pro Day numbers would have ranked among CBs at the combine

Bench..........24 reps...1st
Vertical........41 inch...1st
Broad jump..11-1.......2nd
Forty...........4.36.......3rd

3.  Return skills.  Had 2 KR tds, an 85 yard td fum ret, a 51 yd td int return, a 78 yard td return of a blocked FG, and a 109 td return of a missed FG.

I was really surprised he wasn't invited to the combine.  One picture of him showed a large C on his jersey.  I couldn't confirm it, but he might have been a team captain at Houston.  

Maybe the Bengals project him as a slot guy like they have used Josh Shaw?  I know he played some RB, but I doubt he would get snaps there.  If he can make the roster as a 10th DB, I would love to see him do the KR and also be on coverage units.  His explosiveness score is >70, which puts him in the league of Melifonwu and Jadeveon Clowny.  Insane.

I like Derron Smith a great deal, ditto Fej, but you can't have enough guys with his kind of speed and strength on your roster.  Should help right away on special teams. 

I will be very disappointed if he gets put on the PS and plucked by another team while Adam Jones is still on the roster. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 11:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He put up some decent numbers in emergency duty, but he is really, really, really raw as a RB.

I was really surprised when I saw how few snaps Smith and Fejedelem played on defense last year.  I think that Wilson could easily bump one of those guys off the roster.

Another factor is that i see Ericson getting bumped off the roster so we will need someone to replace his return skills.

I am not certain on Smith (although I like him as more of a FS and Shawn struggled in that role early) as far as the Bengals go, but I know they like Fej a lot.  They believe he can even play some LB this year.  Wilson's lack of experience is going to make it a challenge to bump off a guy that has way more college experience and even NFL experience.  I wouldn't be surprised, however, if this is the guy that bumps Peerman.  

I love what Peerman has done, but he is getting up there in years.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:56 PM)Takedown Wrote: I love the pick. The Bengals traded up to get him. I think it's a given that he'll make the roster. Our special teams was upgraded a lot through this draft. So many options for our returners plus the new kicker with Elliot. Getting too excited thinking about how well we did. Crazy.

i dont want ross returning kicks/punts  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a slightly bigger Onterio McCalebb. A speed guy without an clear NFL position heading in.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 11:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He put up some decent numbers in emergency duty, but he is really, really, really raw as a RB.

I was really surprised when I saw how few snaps Smith and Fejedelem played on defense last year.  I think that Wilson could easily bump one of those guys off the roster.

Another factor is that i see Ericson getting bumped off the roster so we will need someone to replace his return skills.

I doubt Ericson gets bumped. They will probably run with 1 more WR than they usually do this year and go lower at another position to make up for it.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 01:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I doubt Ericson gets bumped. They will probably run with 1 more WR than they usually do this year and go lower at another position to make up for it.

People shouldn't be surprised if Ryan Hewitt ends up being the one that's cut in favor of a seventh WR.
Joe Goodberry reiterated the same on Twitter here:
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/859482018412994560
When asked who would play the FB role if he were cut, Goodberry responded with "You don't need a FB on this offense"
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/859496820749332482
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote