Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon-migraines
Joe has missed the last couple of practices due to migraines. I don't recall this ever being a problem before. It could be a new thing due to repeated head hits. I am hoping it isn't a contract negotiation ploy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let's hope it's not a Donte Moch thing and his migraines are triggered by the Ohio River Valley....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's hope it's not a Donte Moch thing and his migraines are triggered by the Ohio River Valley....

Yeah, it's a bad area for migraines.   I get a LOT of them.

Medication works for me, but can leave me feeling like a wet noodle for a while.  The key is to nip it in the bud with a small amount of the medication.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 12:47 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, it's a bad area for migraines.   I get a LOT of them.

Medication works for me, but can leave me feeling like a wet noodle for a while.  The key is to nip it in the bud with a small amount of the medication.

There are new migraine meds that reduce migraine days by up to 50% or more. If you’re a frequent migraine sufferer you might want to talk to your doctor.

I don’t get migraines frequently enough to consider the newer meds. I use triptans to stop the migraine when I know one is starting.
Reply/Quote
I'll bet that once he signs a contract extension he won't miss any more time with migraines.

And I bet he signs that extension before the season begins.
Reply/Quote
He missed practice again today

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll bet that once he signs a contract extension he won't miss any more time with migraines.

BTW I don't mean to be bashing Joe with this post.

If I had $30-$40 million hanging in the balance I would not be risking any injury either.
Reply/Quote
Pay the man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll bet that once he signs a contract extension he won't miss any more time with migraines.

The Bengals are in a bit of a tough spot.  They added a DT due to a couple injuries at that position and now we have depth at CB issues.  Spend there or give Mixon his deal.  It is a no brainer if not for the injuries.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pay the man. Mellow

See, I was in that camp, but now I'm thinking we need to know WHY he's having these migraines, and if they are going to be debilitating and lasting we do not need to throw millions away for someone who can't play...... if that's a ploy, I think it backfires.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: See, I was in that camp, but now I'm thinking we need to know WHY he's having these migraines, and if they are going to be debilitating and lasting we do not need to throw millions away for someone who can't play...... if that's a ploy, I think it backfires.

He wasn't at practice because he went to the dentist; it's possible that he was getting some work done to correct the migraines; I know an abcess or infection can cause migraines, if it's in the right spot.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's hope it's not a Donte Moch thing and his migraines are triggered by the Ohio River Valley....

You telling me Moch never had a headache while playing for the LA KISS?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 10:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You telling me Moch never had a headache while playing for the LA KISS?

Since LA is not in the Ohio River Valley, probably not.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 10:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Since LA is not in the Ohio River Valley, probably not.

Wait, it's a serious assertion that Ohio gave him migraines?  I can't say I'm actually following here.  I just wanted to make an LA KISS reference.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 10:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, it's a serious assertion that Ohio gave him migraines?  I can't say I'm actually following here.  I just wanted to make an LA KISS reference.

Migraines are often tied to changes in barometric pressure. The Ohio River Valley is notorious for causing migraines. People can suffer them their whole life here, move to SD or LA, and never have another one. (this is not ALL migraines)
Kudos for LA Kiss reference
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 11:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Migraines are often tied to changes in barometric pressure. The Ohio River Valley is notorious for causing migraines. People can suffer them their whole life here, move to SD or LA, and never have another one. (this is not ALL migraines)

Idk about migraines, but it’s certainly bad for allergies here.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 11:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Migraines are often tied to changes in barometric pressure. The Ohio River Valley is notorious for causing migraines. People can suffer them their whole life here, move to SD or LA, and never have another one. (this is not ALL migraines)

No kidding.  I legit figured you were making a joke about him just not wanting to play here or something and miraculously being cured of migraines when he got to another team.  Then again, he was always a fringe player, so I can't see why he'd rock the boat anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No kidding.  I legit figured you were making a joke about him just not wanting to play here or something and miraculously being cured of migraines when he got to another team.  Then again, he was always a fringe player, so I can't see why he'd rock the boat anywhere.

Nope, he was a case of someone from somewhere else coming here and being affected by the weather.
Reply/Quote
He's out again today...team is saying "minor injury"

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 10:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He wasn't at practice because he went to the dentist; it's possible that he was getting some work done to correct the migraines; I know an abcess or infection can cause migraines, if it's in the right spot.

This makes sense. Don't know about the barometric stuff from the Ohio river valley.

Didn't know that was a serious problem over there, that would suck.
Reply/Quote