Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon-migraines
(08-28-2020, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: See, I was in that camp, but now I'm thinking we need to know WHY he's having these migraines, and if they are going to be debilitating and lasting we do not need to throw millions away for someone who can't play...... if that's a ploy, I think it backfires.

It can be a problem as we saw with Percy Harvin, sure hope it is not a big deal and he gets over them.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This makes sense. Don't know about the barometric stuff from the Ohio river valley.

Didn't know that was a serious problem over there, that would suck.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320038
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This makes sense. Don't know about the barometric stuff from the Ohio river valley.

Didn't know that was a serious problem over there, that would suck.

It sounds weird but since moving out of the area I rarely get them. When I come home for holidays etc. they flare up.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It can be a problem as we saw with Percy Harvin, sure hope it is not a big deal and he gets over them.

I was journeling my migraines for a while looking for correlations between diet, allergen levels and fluctuating barometric pressure.
For me there was no pattern to what I was eating or airborne allergens.

The only correlation seemed to be the fluctuations in BP, though I did not do a lot of detailed analysis.  But the migraines tended to cluster around rapid multiple changes in increasing and decreasing pressure - more so with increasing pressure and especially with large changes.  So I've had three in the last four days with a plus .05 increase in 12 hours followed by a .36 decrease over the next 3 days.  And I'm expecting a sizeable increase over the next 24 hours.

I am able to control the symptoms with a triptan vasoconstrictor.  Others are not so lucky.

The strange thing to me is the sudden onset for both Harvin and Mixon after a couple of years with no issue.  Suggests other precipitants and a gradual buildup of one or more elements.

Over my head for sure, but it sounds like the triptan solution is not effective unless they had dumb doctors like I did who didn't start a trial with the tripan for years.   I missed a lot of work for almost three years.

Good luck Joe!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 02:26 PM)Cicero Wrote: It sounds weird but since moving out of the area I rarely get them. When I come home for holidays etc. they flare up.

Well then this sounds like a real thing that I didn't know about.

(08-29-2020, 02:50 PM)3wt Wrote: I was journeling my migraines for a while looking for correlations between diet, allergen levels and fluctuating barometric pressure.
For me there was no pattern to what I was eating or airborne allergens.

The only correlation seemed to be the fluctuations in BP, though I did not do a lot of detailed analysis.  But the migraines tended to cluster around rapid multiple changes in increasing and decreasing pressure - more so with increasing pressure and especially with large changes.  So I've had three in the last four days with a plus .05 increase in 12 hours followed by a .36 decrease over the next 3 days.  And I'm expecting a sizeable increase over the next 24 hours.

I am able to control the symptoms with a triptan vasoconstrictor.  Others are not so lucky.

The strange thing to me is the sudden onset for both Harvin and Mixon after a couple of years with no issue.  Suggests other precipitants and a gradual buildup of one or more elements.

Over my head for sure, but it sounds like the triptan solution is not effective unless they had dumb doctors like I did who didn't start a trial with the tripan for years.   I missed a lot of work for almost three years.

Good luck Joe!!!!

Doesn't sound over your head at all lol

Thanks for your post 3wt, I didn't know any of this. 

I am blessed to live where I live cause I hardly ever get them (knock on wood).
Reply/Quote
https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-mixon-cryptic-tweets-leave-130635629.html

Quote:It’s also not a big secret the star running back has missed a few Bengals training camp practices in a row, outright now showing up at all at two of them.

Mixon’s mystery injury appears to be migraine headaches and head coach Zac Taylor said Friday he doesn’t have any reason to believe the absences are contract related.

“No. Joe has been an honest guy with us and we’ve always had great communication with Joe,” Taylor said, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com.

But as a ton of fans and some media have pointed out, Mixon has again been pretty noteworthy on social media lately:

Tweet: "Yeah it's about time"
Tweet: "Read between the lines"
Tweet: "If I have to tell you what to do then it ain't genuine"
Tweet: "Let Go and Let God"

At this point we may want to start looking at the top College RBs that'll be available next year. Because it doesn't look like Mikey is interested in paying Joe.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-mixon-cryptic-tweets-leave-130635629.html

At this point we may want to start looking at the top College RBs that'll be available next year. Because it doesn't look like Mikey is interested in paying Joe.

How do we know these tweets weren’t about racial injustice? “If I have to tell you then it ain’t genuine.” Could be about Mike Brown pulling the team together only after being called out by Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 11:58 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: How do we know these tweets weren’t about racial injustice? “If I have to tell you then it ain’t genuine.” Could be about Mike Brown pulling the team together only after being called out by Dunlap.

I don't know. I simply linked an article and my $0.02 on the contract situation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't know. I simply linked an article and my $0.02 on the contract situation. 

Ah I was referencing the tweets in the quote you had there.

The thing with Twitter is he could have been just having a bad day at his local subway

“Yeah it’s about time” — guy at subway was taking forever making those sandwiches for the people in front of him in line.

“Read between the lines” — guy asked if Joe will have the five dollar footlong deal... Joe has a $5 bill in his hand.

“If I have to tell you what to do then it ain’t genuine” — has to tell him to grill his Philly cheesesteak, cmon man

“Let go and let God” — finally eating that sandwich
Reply/Quote
I’m going to be really annoyed after all my defending of Mixon if this turns out to be a ploy. The Bengals took a chance on him when a ton of teams wouldn’t even put him on their boards. But I guess loyalty is a rare thing these days. I’m done trying to decipher tweets from a 24 year old kid, but it’s starting to feel like where there’s smoke there’s fire...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m going to be really annoyed after all my defending of Mixon if this turns out to be a ploy. The Bengals took a chance on him when a ton of teams wouldn’t even put him on their boards. But I guess loyalty is a rare thing these days. I’m done trying to decipher tweets from a 24 year old kid, but it’s starting to feel like where there’s smoke there’s fire...

I thought it would be nice if he showed some loyalty to the team that gave him a chance as well. Things are quickly forgotten though. I wouldn’t read too much into his Premadonna tweets. Whatever happens happens.
Reply/Quote
He tweets like a 14 year old girl, who may or may not have suffered a traumatic brain injury. So vague, so deep...

Maybe he can start to make Tik Toks where he can dance his feelings away, and we can all try to decipher those.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 02:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He tweets like a 14 year old girl, who may or may not have suffered a traumatic brain injury. So vague, so deep...

Maybe he can start to make Tik Toks where he can dance his feelings away, and we can all try to decipher those.

14 year old girl with severe head trauma... that would explain those migraines.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m going to be really annoyed after all my defending of Mixon if this turns out to be a ploy. The Bengals took a chance on him when a ton of teams wouldn’t even put him on their boards. But I guess loyalty is a rare thing these days. I’m done trying to decipher tweets from a 24 year old kid, but it’s starting to feel like where there’s smoke there’s fire...

Hope he's not getting big headed. No player is bigger than the team. If he starts that shit with the new philosophy of this team he will be gone. This ain't Marvin Lewis's Bengals anymore. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m going to be really annoyed after all my defending of Mixon if this turns out to be a ploy. The Bengals took a chance on him when a ton of teams wouldn’t even put him on their boards. But I guess loyalty is a rare thing these days. I’m done trying to decipher tweets from a 24 year old kid, but it’s starting to feel like where there’s smoke there’s fire...

My feelings precisely, have supported Mixon since he got here but this is getting old.

Learn to tweet like Boyd for heck sake...

Or, yah know, don't tweet at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My feelings precisely, have supported Mixon since he got here but this is getting old.

Learn to tweet like Boyd for heck sake...

Or, yah know, don't tweet at all.

Yeah I agree. This code BS reminds me of people in FB. Either tell whats on your mind or don't. But don't friggen throw tidbits like your fishing to try and get people biting. We really don't need that stuff TBH. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m going to be really annoyed after all my defending of Mixon if this turns out to be a ploy. The Bengals took a chance on him when a ton of teams wouldn’t even put him on their boards. But I guess loyalty is a rare thing these days. I’m done trying to decipher tweets from a 24 year old kid, but it’s starting to feel like where there’s smoke there’s fire...
Gotta agree. His agent isn't stupid. If the Bengals offer pisses him off and he holds out, he gets nothing. If he's "injured" he still gets his 1.4 mil. If the Bengals offer improves to something he likes--presto, chango--the migraines suddenly subside...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals offered him a competitive deal I'd be jumping on it if I were him.

Now is not the best time to let a few dollar and cents get in the way of long term security. And it's also definitely not the time to let pride (having to be top whatever) prevent you from getting something done.

Not only is the fallout from Covid going to affect next year's cap, because it will most likely take a few years for the league to full recover financially (getting back to the same growth up until now).

-If he plays under his current deal he's forfeiting an immediate raise, and running the risk of getting injured.

-If he sits out a portion of the year it will most likely hurt his future market. (See Melvin Gordon)

-If the league is forced to shut down or shorten the season then the financial ramifications will be even greater.

I'm not saying he needs to allow the Bengals to get him on the cheap, or take advanatge of the situation. I just hope he and his agent aren't hung up on him securing a specific dollar amount, that places him at specifc level in terms of pay rank. i.e. Must be 10 mil per, must be top 5 in pay.

Personally, if I were either him or his agent, anything that comes in at 8+ mil per, at at least 4 years, and with at least 15 mil + in guarantees, then I'm running as fast I can to sign the paperwork.

The fact of the matter is, he can be easily replaced. You can get yourself a Mark Ingram level back on a 3 year 15 mil (5 mil per) deal, and you can invest in upper tier draft talent in rounds 2-3 at 1 mil per to pair with him.

I hope this kid isn't playing hardball and is hung up on a few dollars just so he can stroke his ego. That could prove to be a BIG mistake.
Reply/Quote