Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon of the @bengals arrest. He pointed a gun at a woman and said “you
https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-bengals-rb-joe-mixon9

Arrest Warrant Issued for Bengals RB Joe Mixon
An arrest warrant has been issued for Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon, per a report.

Despite the Cincinnati Bengals just beginning their offseason after the loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, they already have a major issue on their hands. An arrest warrant has been issued for running back Joe Mixon on a count of aggravated menacing, according to a report.

At this time, there is no knowledge of where the warrant is out or what the incident was.

Mixon had just eight totes for 19 yards in the AFC Championship game on Sunday. On the season, Mixon ran for 814 yards and had another 441 receiving.

This isn't the first incident with Mixon, while in Oklahoma he was caught on video knocking a female unconscious with a punch.

The Bengals have not released a statement at this time. Mixon is not a free agent until following the 2024 season.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 09:34 PM)Vambo Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-bengals-rb-joe-mixon9

Arrest Warrant Issued for Bengals RB Joe Mixon
An arrest warrant has been issued for Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon, per a report.

Despite the Cincinnati Bengals just beginning their offseason after the loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, they already have a major issue on their hands. An arrest warrant has been issued for running back Joe Mixon on a count of aggravated menacing, according to a report.

At this time, there is no knowledge of where the warrant is out or what the incident was.

Mixon had just eight totes for 19 yards in the AFC Championship game on Sunday. On the season, Mixon ran for 814 yards and had another 441 receiving.

This isn't the first incident with Mixon, while in Oklahoma he was caught on video knocking a female unconscious with a punch.

The Bengals have not released a statement at this time. Mixon is not a free agent until following the 2024 season.

So, you posted this after it was already reported that the charges would be dropped and according to his agent, it was "a rush to judgement"?

Sold move, dork. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Leave it to the only Browns fan around here to be damn near a week late to the party.

Must've been busy at the massage parlors.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the fact that the Bengals are in the midst of one of the more successful runs in team history had anything to do with the dismissal. You know you’d be asking a similar question if it were the Steelers or Ravens. It’s a moot point with the Browns …
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:55 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I wonder if the fact that the Bengals are in the midst of one of the more successful runs in team history had anything to do with the dismissal.  You know you’d be asking a similar question if it were the Steelers or Ravens.  It’s a moot point with the Browns …

Probably more so because it apparently happened the night of the 21st. I believe there was some game Mixon was playing in that night somewhere that wasn't Cincinnati.

I've been in the boat of he needs to re-structure his deal or get his walking papers anyways, so if it turns out to be true it makes it that much easier for the team to make a choice.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:55 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I wonder if the fact that the Bengals are in the midst of one of the more successful runs in team history had anything to do with the dismissal.  You know you’d be asking a similar question if it were the Steelers or Ravens.  It’s a moot point with the Browns …

Nah. They said it was because protocol wasn't followed. There's still a chance he can be charged. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 06:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. They said it was because protocol wasn't followed. There's still a chance he can be charged. 

Recharged....
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2023/04/07/joe-mixon-bengals-charged-aggravated-menacing-road-rage/69931897007/
Reply/Quote
I don't think this is an appropriate use of the Smack Talk forum. I know I'm going to get some flak for this, but I've felt this way when various Steelers have been in legal trouble and I would be inconsistent if I didn't say it now. The conduct of any given individual is not an inherent function of either the team they play for or the fanbase that roots for them. They should be treated as separate matters.

That being said, I don't expect anyone who disagrees with me to stop using player misconduct as smack, nor will I conduct a crusade to persuade them from stopping. I just wanted to say my piece.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:23 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don't think this is an appropriate use of the Smack Talk forum.  I know I'm going to get some flak for this, but I've felt this way when various Steelers have been in legal trouble and I would be inconsistent if I didn't say it now.  The conduct of any given individual is not an inherent function of either the team they play for or the fanbase that roots for them.  They should be treated as separate matters.  

That being said, I don't expect anyone who disagrees with me to stop using player misconduct as smack, nor will I conduct a crusade to persuade them from stopping.  I just wanted to say my piece.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4c6e8416-4599-4581-84f5-4c98feea5182_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
He’s an ass
Reply/Quote
This is nothing more than a he said she said thing. if they have concrete evidence, it would be over already.

I'm not a fan of the behavior/troubles that's suddenly propped up, but he has done a good job for most of his career keeping out of trouble.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 03:34 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: This is nothing more than a he said she said thing. if they have concrete evidence, it would be over already.

I'm not a fan of the behavior/troubles that's suddenly propped up, but he has done a good job for most of his career keeping out of trouble.

These aren't issues that just "popped up", Mixon has demonstrated an inability to responsibly handle himself in situations dating back to his college days.  This one was just the first of two gun related incidents this year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote