Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon on Sirius yesterday....
They had Joe on yesterday right around 4pm, and he basically said the whole team was "buying in" to the new coaches and new philosophies, and that it doesn't even feel like the same place. They asked him if he is ready for 100 more touches than he had last year, and he said he is looking forward to it. Said Andy is a great football player and one of the most humble people he has ever met. Mostly a fluff interview, but it was nice to hear him say he's expecting to carry more of the load this year and is getting himself ready physically to do so....
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They had Joe on yesterday right around 4pm, and he basically said the whole team was "buying in" to the new coaches and new philosophies, and that it doesn't even feel like the same place. They asked him if he is ready for 100 more touches than he had last year, and he said he is looking forward to it. Said Andy is a great football player and one of the most humble people he has ever met. Mostly a fluff interview, but it was nice to hear him say he's expecting to carry more of the load this year and is getting himself ready physically to do so....

LOVE IT!

He has to be licking his chops because he knows that, with all the success he had last year, he'll absolutely KILL IT this year with a new line coach, a new coordinator, better linemen, and just an overall more explosive offense!

Another player that's buying in and is ready to produce and change the environment here into one of a winning culture.

I'm getting PUMPED!
Reply/Quote
I actually believe Mixon , Tyler Boyd said a few weeks ago he thinks the Bengals have the best offense in the league. Everyone talks about the Browns weapons but when you look at the Bengals on paper their pretty stacked on offense. Mixon lead the AFC in rushing and missed two games. The offensive line should be better with Williams and Price in year two. When healthy Green is one of the best WR’s in league and Boyd is 1,000 yard WR. Then you have two X factors in Eifert and Ross. When Eifert is healthy he’s hard to guard and the celling is so low for Ross. Ross is playing next to two good WR’s were just asking the 9th pick overall to be a decent WR3 lol. Idk about 100 more carries. The Rams ran Gurley into the ground. We should be able to keep Mixon fresh with Bernard and the two 6th round backs who are both talented.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:23 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I actually believe Mixon , Tyler Boyd said a few weeks ago he thinks the Bengals have the best offense in the league. Everyone talks about the Browns weapons but when you look at the Bengals on paper their pretty stacked on offense. Mixon lead the AFC in rushing and missed two games. The offensive line should be better with Williams and Price in year two. When healthy Green is one of the best WR’s in league and Boyd is 1,000 yard WR. Then you have two X factors in Eifert and Ross. When Eifert is healthy he’s hard to guard and the celling is so low for Ross. Ross is playing next to two good WR’s were just asking the 9th pick overall to be a decent WR3 lol. Idk about 100 more carries. The Rams ran Gurley into the ground. We should be able to keep Mixon fresh with Bernard and the two 6th round backs who are both talented.

Lots of great points....

also a system that schemes WR open instead of what we have had in the past will go a long way.

The defense that was awful last year also has some very good pieces to work with

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmmm..lets guess at how Mikey will screw this up..
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:27 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Hmmm..lets guess at how Mikey will screw this up..

Mikey doesn't call the plays, and he's not on the field. He put the pieces together, just like with every year's team..... it's up to the coaches and players to produce.
Reply/Quote
the enthuiasm and new found spirit on this roster
cant be overstated.
these guys really believe in one another.
now you combine that with ZTs implementing his own vision.
this team can achieve alot.
coaching staff overhauled.
simplifying the scheme and communication.
nobody is 2nd guessing where they are too be on the field.
I can imagine the confusion for the defense when
they came off the field last yr.
especially in that Steelers game.
this team is having fun again.
no more 2 sets of rules the players had to endure under
Lewis.
all on same page
Reply/Quote
They had this on Good Morning Football and they spun it by saying Mixon said the Bengals will make the playoffs. When you actually listen to what Joe said, "I believe we make the playoffs" is totally different.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 11:19 AM)impactplaya Wrote: the enthuiasm and new found spirit on this roster
cant be overstated.
these guys really believe in one another.
now you combine that with ZTs implementing his own vision.
this team can achieve alot.
coaching staff overhauled.
simplifying the scheme and communication.
nobody is 2nd guessing where they are too be on the field.
I can imagine the confusion for the defense when
they came off the field last yr.
especially in that Steelers game.
this team is having fun again.
no more 2 sets of rules the players had to endure under
Lewis.
all on same page

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 11:27 AM)sandwedge Wrote: They had this on Good Morning Football and they spun it by saying Mixon said the Bengals will make the playoffs. When you actually listen to what Joe said, "I believe we make the playoffs" is totally different.

Every team in the league should think they'll make the playoffs at this point in the season.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 11:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Every team in the league should think they'll make the playoffs at this point in the season.

And why shouldn't they? They don't play for participation trophies. I'd want all 53 men to believe they can win, rather than 26 that believe and 27 paycheck collectors.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 11:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: And why shouldn't they? They don't play for participation trophies. I'd want all 53 men to believe they can win, rather than 26 that believe and 27 paycheck collectors.

Indeed. And the NFL is the ultimate worst to 1st league.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:27 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Hmmm..lets guess at how Mikey will screw this up..

Please don't give that old geezer any ideas.

Seeing Mixon and Boyd and Green and Dunlap and Dalton excited is what means more to me than anything Mike Brown has to say or do.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 11:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: And why shouldn't they? They don't play for participation trophies. I'd want all 53 men to believe they can win, rather than 26 that believe and 27 paycheck collectors.

They have to believe.

The guys that stick in the NFL (even the worst of them who just make a roster but do it long enough to get a second contract) put in a ton of work and punish their bodies.  I don't think they could do it if they did not have hope for success.

If a team doesn't think they can win then they are usually already beaten.
Reply/Quote
Team seems to have a positive outlook.Like hearing Boyd wants to stay. I have a feeling much of our homegrown talent might stick around more with Marvin gone. I find it interesting only employment he has found since he left here is a announcer for a defunct football league. and an assistant at ASU under Herm Edwards. The way some of these people on here revere Marvin couldn't he have got a better job than that. Marvin was the problem not the solution
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They have to believe.

The guys that stick in the NFL (even the worst of them who just make a roster but do it long enough to get a second contract) put in a ton of work and punish their bodies.  I don't think they could do it if they did not have hope for success.

If a team doesn't think they can win then they are usually already beaten.

100% correct. As a coach or leader or whomever is in charge, it's easier to get guys to do more or work harder when they believe in what they are doing. You're right also in the fact these guys train and push their bodies to the max and I'm sure they would like to get something out of that.
Reply/Quote
Dare I say... the times they be a changing
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 04:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Team seems to have a positive outlook.Like hearing Boyd wants to stay. I have a feeling much of our homegrown talent might stick around more with Marvin gone. I find it interesting only employment he has found since he left here is a announcer for a defunct football league. and an assistant at ASU under Herm Edwards. The way some of these people on here revere Marvin couldn't he have got a better job than that. Marvin was the problem not the solution

you don't think after 16 straight years... he might take a break...  hes part timing it in AZ with his buddy...  Not a bad gig
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 11:27 AM)sandwedge Wrote: They had this on Good Morning Football and they spun it by saying Mixon said the Bengals will make the playoffs. When you actually listen to what Joe said, "I believe we make the playoffs" is totally different.

I thought I heard the words "I guarantee it" several times as well.  And good for him.  He believes and he wants to put himself out there.  People hated Chad for "the list",  but no other Bengal put himself out there like Chad did that he would own his guy.  I loved it.  
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:23 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I actually believe Mixon , Tyler Boyd said a few weeks ago he thinks the Bengals have the best offense in the league. Everyone talks about the Browns weapons but when you look at the Bengals on paper their pretty stacked on offense. Mixon lead the AFC in rushing and missed two games. The offensive line should be better with Williams and Price in year two. When healthy Green is one of the best WR’s in league and Boyd is 1,000 yard WR. Then you have two X factors in Eifert and Ross. When Eifert is healthy he’s hard to guard and the celling is so low for Ross. Ross is playing next to two good WR’s were just asking the 9th pick overall to be a decent WR3 lol. Idk about 100 more carries. The Rams ran Gurley into the ground. We should be able to keep Mixon fresh with Bernard and the two 6th round backs who are both talented.

I am always skeptical this time of the year. I remember Zampese's offensive play makers being touted as best in the NFL too. Then, I watched the Ravens shut us out in the home opener and then watched the Texans shut us down on a Thursday night game.

I see with my eyes and a Bengals offense has not been a threat to score 25 to 30+ points weekly in a very long time. I hope this is the year, but I see a lot of great offenses around the NFL on paper, let's see it on the field.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote