Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon on Sirius yesterday....
(06-11-2019, 10:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mikey doesn't call the plays, and he's not on the field. He put the pieces together, just like with every year's team..... it's up to the coaches and players to produce.

He will find a way. If not this year then another year just when the potential is at the peak.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Please don't give that old geezer any ideas.

Seeing Mixon and Boyd and Green and Dunlap and Dalton excited is what means more to me than anything Mike Brown has to say or do.

I still haven't seen the thread where Boyd has been re-signed. Is the old geezer up to same o'-same o'? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 10:44 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I still haven't seen the thread where Boyd has been re-signed. Is the old geezer up to same o'-same o'? Nervous

any Bengal fan knows most of our extenstions come right before or after Training camp.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 10:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: any Bengal fan knows most of our extenstions come right before or after Training camp.

so same o' same o'??? Ninja
Reply/Quote
I think it's great that the team is excited and ZT is making believers out of them. However, the atrocious play of the defense is what really did us in last year. I have seen little improvement on that front outside of the new draft picks that may or may not pan out. What doesn't seem to getting much discussion is the defense.

I think if the D plays like last year, it's going to make the offense one dimensional as they're playing catch up all the time. Having said that, I'm pretty excited to see what Andy and the offense can do without Marvin running the show. Success is contagious and perhaps it'll rub off on the D.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 10:44 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I still haven't seen the thread where Boyd has been re-signed. Is the old geezer up to same o'-same o'? Nervous

I didn't say he was re-signed, I said he was excited. Players being excited is more important to me than the fluff PR being pushed out by the team.

Is Mike Brown capable of change? Or are things changing around him?

I believe they'll extend Boyd and Green. Well, I hope they extend Boyd and Green.

Reply/Quote
I hated the Mixon pick and figured that he would be a real punk. I’m happy that I seem to have been wrong about him.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mikey doesn't call the plays, and he's not on the field. He put the pieces together, just like with every year's team..... it's up to the coaches and players to produce.

Never let facts get in the way of an agenda.   LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They asked him if he is ready for 100 more touches than he had last year, and he said he is looking forward to it. 

He needs to be able to play a full 16 game schedule for once in his career before he starts talking bout "100 more touches".
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He needs to be able to play a full 16 game schedule for once in his career before he starts talking bout "100 more touches".

Good point.  Maybe we can spin that he's gonna get 100 more touches because he's going to play all 16 this year?  At any rate, Mixon has a bit of a big mouth and a comment about everything, so hopefully that doesn't blow up on us/him.  Winning will be the best safeguard against that, though.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote:   At any rate, Mixon has a bit of a big mouth and a comment about everything, so hopefully that doesn't blow up on us/him.  

He really did not come across as boastful. They asked him if he was ready for 100 more touches, and he said yes. He didn't say "I'm getting 100 more touches." He really came across as quite humble, but confident....
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Good point.  Maybe we can spin that he's gonna get 100 more touches because he's going to play all 16 this year?  At any rate, Mixon has a bit of a big mouth and a comment about everything, so hopefully that doesn't blow up on us/him.  Winning will be the best safeguard against that, though.

Winning cures everything doesn't it ?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 11:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He really did not come across as boastful. They asked him if he was ready for 100 more touches, and he said yes. He didn't say "I'm getting 100 more touches." He really came across as quite humble, but confident....

I hear ya, and I'm not saying Mixon is boastful or negative, but he is quick to comment on stuff (though, many players are now) and that zeal to speak his mind could go sour if things don't turn around.  Or I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 10:16 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am always skeptical this time of the year. I remember Zampese's offensive play makers being touted as best in the NFL too. Then, I watched the Ravens shut us out in the home opener and then watched the Texans shut us down on a Thursday night game.

I see with my eyes and a Bengals offense has not been a threat to score 25 to 30+ points weekly in a very long time. I hope this is the year, but I see a lot of great offenses around the NFL on paper, let's see it on the field.

You miss the first 5 weeks last season? Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 02:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, and I'm not saying Mixon is boastful or negative, but he is quick to comment on stuff (though, many players are now) and that zeal to speak his mind could go sour if things don't turn around.  Or I could be wrong.

No, you're probably right.... lot's of people, including players, spout off on twitter the 1st thing that comes into their brain and regret it later....
Reply/Quote