Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darqueze Dennard 5th Year Option
Apparently the Bengals picked it up... I mean, I know it's only guaranteed for injury, but what the heck has Dennard shown over the last three years that makes him worth $10m-ish?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Makes zero sense unless they plan on releasing Pacman. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
"Dennard is their best CB unfortunately do to a rule only the Bengals no about a CB is not allowed to play in his first 3 seasons." Faux Geoff Hobson
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Apparently the Bengals have seen enough to make sure that if he breaks out this year he won't be a free agent. I'm fine with it. CB's are not cheap to behing with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 03:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Apparently the Bengals have seen enough to make sure that if he breaks out this year he won't be a free agent. I'm fine with it. CB's are not cheap to behing with.

Exactly.  First round players in their rookie contracts are the best value in the NFL.  

How quickly we forget guys like TJ Housmanzadeh that struggled with injuries in his first three years before bursting on the scene and having a 70+ catch, just under 1,000 yard season.  He was one of the best Bengals for a long time after that.  I realize it is frustrating to have your first pick not play very much his first three years, but I like the guy's character, work ethic, and ability.  He just needs to put it all together this year and he could become an important part of the team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote