Joe Mixon
64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
(04-28-2017, 01:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: And this is moral relativity and one of the issues. What your saying is serving your punishment for one is somehow retribution but not for another. The punishment is different in crimes because the crimes are different and the required penance to make the "state" whole is different. In both situations the judicial system believes both criminals completed their punishment.

I'm not talking about punishment.  I'm talking about MY morals.  If I owned the team, I would not take the guy on principalities alone.  My business, my choice.  As it stands, it's not my business, but rather a business I somewhat patronize....so, I have the right to be upset with said business for hiring someone I want nothing to do with.  It's really that simple.  I can either choose to stop doing business, or take my lumps and grouse over it.  I'm not sure right now what I would do....considering PacDouche is still here....that was almost enough.

Yes, there are bad people all throughout this league....gangbangers, thugs, dopers, you name it.  I draw that line at molesting women and children, murder, and bludgeoning females.....you're free to move your line to wherever it suits your needs. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Getting busted with a little rope or blow is one thing.....decking a teenage chick is another.....

Why is no one talking about how Cook was cited for mistreating three puppies back in 2014?
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/12/8941823/dalvin-cook-animal-cruelty-dogs-florida-state

Quote:Florida State running back Dalvin Cook was cited for mistreating three chained-up pit bull puppies in July 2014, according to a City of Tallahassee citation report obtained by Sports Illustrated's Andy Staples. The report states that "the dogs were unable to move and the smaller puppies were choking" from a heavy chain that had been tied around their necks. The dogs were between approximately two and eight months old.

To me, that is horrendous.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it, nice sleeper pick, i will have to watch some Pomphrey vids now GRT. Thanks. :andy:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000802386/Back-2-Campus-Marshall-Faulk-and-Donnel-Pumphrey
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What about decking a racist that was intentionally antagonizing, pushing, grabbing and yelling at you?

I'm not one to ever say violence is the answer to anything, whether its man on man, man on woman or whatever.

I'm just tired of people acting like this girl was some helpless victim that Mixon just walked up to and attacked. She started the shit but, obviously, was incapable of ending it. If she had known that prior to calling him the N Word, pushing on him and yelling in his face over and over again, maybe her jaw would have never been dislodged.

As a culture, we really need to stop treating women like they should not be held responsible for their aggression. She should have been arrested, but she was, literally, too weak to do the damage to him that she clearly wanted to.

He didn't have that problem.

Don't start none, won't be none.

do I think he should have hit her? No.

But I don't think he's a disgusting human being for disposing of another disgusting human being in the manner that he saw most fit.

Has anyone proven that she wasn't provoked?  I mean, she was hanging out with a gay dude....doesn't seem like the intolerant type to me.

Anyway, I've been called a lot of things in my life.....especially in the mountains of E. Kentucky playing football on Friday nights.  N lover, been spit on by cheerleaders, had police form human chains to the backs of buses, hit with rocks and bottles....you name it.  Guess what, we didn't hit anyone, let alone some chick.  We just ran roughshod over their asses and pointed to the score board.

An ex fiancee of mine hit me with a rolling pin....and went to jail for it after neighbors called in a domestic dispute.  The cop saw the bruising, and cuffed her.  I grabbed her arms, and held her until I could make my way to the door.....drunk off my ass on tequila.  Don't act like a man can't EASILY restrain a female and walk away.  He couldn't have just called her a common gutter slut and left the scene?  Sorry, not my cup of tea.  No honor among thugs.

Reply/Quote
Anyone saying they will stop rooting for this team because of this is lying. If they draft him and he scores td's, helps win a playoff game and maybe even a super bowl, you will be high fiving just like I will. And just like me, you will all the while still strongly disagree with his former actions. Nobody is dropping their fanhood all together. And anyone claiming they will is down on their knees praying they don't take him, in part because they don't want to renege on what they've proclaimed in this thread. Because they will. Stop the madness people.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: The moral high ground argument, always entertaining to watch.

Yes, I do stand on a "moral high ground" when it comes to hitting women.  Call me crazy, but I don't think that is appropriate.  In fact, I know it is not appropriate and just because the guy can play football does not mean that we should condone it and welcome him into the organization. 

Think about it this way... what if she was your daughter, sister, niece?  Would you say "it's really not that big of a deal, she deserved to be hit"?
(04-28-2017, 01:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A sports fan either so blinded by on the field success, or lacking any empathy, coming to the defense of a man who knocked a teenage girl unconcious, always sickening to see.

But yeah, it was just self defense. He needed to throw a haymaker to stop a 100 pound girl from shoving in the chest. Seems reasonable. But you know, they did start it. A college female in 2017 and her gay friend are exactly the type of people who start harassing people with unprovoked racial slurs. I buy that. And forget the fact he followed them in, they provoked the whole thing and were clearly a threat to his safety.  Rolleyes

If any of you saw that go down in front of you in your local sandwich shop, and it wasn't an athlete, and it was just some random white dude that laid a woman out for absolutely no reason you'd be appalled. And if you claim you wouldn't then you're either a liar or an equally big scumbag.

Let's don't forget his use of homophobic slurs towards her friend...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why is no one talking about how Cook was cited for mistreating three puppies back in 2014?
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/12/8941823/dalvin-cook-animal-cruelty-dogs-florida-state

To me, that is horrendous.

I have before the draft, and I don't like that either.....but we are picking between the two, no?  From what I understand, the dogs had gotten tangled around a tree, and he hadn't checked on their well being.  If you can't watch over your pets, you shouldn't have any.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:44 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Yes, I do stand on a "moral high ground" when it comes to hitting women.  Call me crazy, but I don't think that is appropriate.  In fact, I know it is not appropriate and just because the guy can play football does not mean that we should condone it and welcome him into the organization. 

Think about it this way... what if she was your daughter, sister, niece?  Would you say "it's really not that big of a deal, she deserved to be hit"?

Let's don't forget his use of homophobic slurs towards her friend...

....and maybe that's what provoked her to use disgusting language?  Two wrongs don't make a right though....

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Has anyone proven that she wasn't provoked?  I mean, she was hanging out with a gay dude....doesn't seem like the intolerant type to me.

Anyway, I've been called a lot of things in my life.....especially in the mountains of E. Kentucky playing football on Friday nights.  N lover, been spit on by cheerleaders, had police form human chains to the backs of buses, hit with rocks and bottles....you name it.  Guess what, we didn't hit anyone, let alone some chick.  We just ran roughshod over their asses and pointed to the score board.

An ex fiancee of mine hit me with a rolling pin....and went to jail for it after neighbors called in a domestic dispute.  The cop saw the bruising, and cuffed her.  I grabbed her arms, and held her until I could make my way to the door.....drunk off my ass on tequila.  Don't act like a man can't EASILY restrain a female and walk away.  He couldn't have just called her a common gutter slut and left the scene?  Sorry, not my cup of tea.  No honor among thugs.

He has admitted to using homophobic slurs towards her friend.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Has anyone proven that she wasn't provoked?  I mean, she was hanging out with a gay dude....doesn't seem like the intolerant type to me.

Like I said, I don't condone what he did (and I don't want to draft him), but the tone of "he's a disgusting human being" is something I feel like people do way too often. It's so dismissive and it completely ignores the issue.

Besides, I find racism to be way more offensive than hitting a woman who was obviously intending to fight.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: Whats to defend? He was wrong, he was punished by our judicial system as well as his university. The guys life isn't over, he still must work and this is his profession. Employers can choose not to hire him the same way that your place of business can choose not to hire someone with a criminal record. I would bet if you looked around your place of employment there are people with various criminal pasts (DUI, Drugs,etc) that you like that you don't hold their past transgressions against them.

The issue is in sports, people vicariously live through the athletes and in turn have issues at times excepting that some are not great people because they feel it somehow reflects on them as a person. I know someone who plays in the NFL, he said there are plenty of shitty people in the NFL, the fans just don't know they are shitty. The reality is we don't necessarily care athletes are shitty, we simply don't want to know they are shitty people.

Pretty much all of this.  

He was sentenced to a punishment (including court-ordered counseling), he served his punishment, and has been out of trouble for three years since the incident.  The lawsuit has been settled amicably between he and Molitor, and Molitor herself said it is time for people to move on.  

If the victim forgave him and he's shown he has been able to keep his nose clean since the incident, far be it for me to hold a grudge.  I'm all for giving second chances so long as some form of justice has been served.  He doesn't have a right to play in the NFL, but at the same time I don't think he should be outright banned from playing it in either.  

I will not try to spin justifications for what he did.  It was an inexcusable overreaction.  But it's in the past, and I'm willing to roll the dice on the kid never finding himself in a situation like that again.  Just my two cents on the matter.    
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and maybe that's what provoked her to use disgusting language?  Two wrongs don't make a right though....

Completely agree.  His use of force was completely over the top though.  No how, no way did he need to do what he did.  He couldn't walk away?  He could not hold her hands back if he really felt under attack?  He lost control and showed what kind of person he is. 

You're either ok with hitting women, or you're not.  And anyone who says "he was defending himself", "she brought it on", etc. falls into the former category.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Anyone saying they will stop rooting for this team because of this is lying. If they draft him and he scores td's, helps win a playoff game and maybe even a super bowl, you will be high fiving just like I will. And just like me, you will all the while still strongly disagree with his former actions. Nobody is dropping their fanhood all together. And anyone claiming they will is down on their knees praying they don't take him, in part because they don't want to renege on what they've proclaimed in this thread. Because they will. Stop the madness people.

I dunno man, they burned Ray Rice jerseys in Baltimore.....of course, they erected a statue of a murderer outside their stadium, so..... LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and maybe that's what provoked her to use disgusting language?  Two wrongs don't make a right though....

If you're willing to call a black person the n word, you were always willing to. That isn't something that occurs when you hear something else offensive.

She's a racist. Let's just call her what she is.

And he's homophobic. 

A lot of people applauded the guy who punched the Neo Nazi in the street following the election.

Saying no one should ever punch a woman ever in any circumstance is just as sexist as saying punching a woman is not a big deal. Putting women on a pedestal is one of our society's biggest barriers to true equality.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we will even have a chance to choose.  Both of them are going to be gone by the time we pick tonight. 

I'm staying out of the human shittyness argument.  Both of them are nothing more than privileged athletes who needed to be told No back in their younger days.  But they weren't and now here we are. If we draft one of them tonight, and they turn into the next Barry Sanders/Adrian Peterson, everyone one of us will have forgotten their past transgressions and this debate will be a moot point.  Yes, even you Wes. 

So.....that's my two cents. 

On that note, we are going to draft a high quality football player tonight and that will hopefully help us win our first Super Bowl in the next year or two. 

Who Dey! 

ps. have you guys seen the linebacker from South Central Louisiana State University?  I can't believe he didn't get drafted last night.  Hopefully he slides to us at #41! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:49 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If this team drafts Mixon I will 100% be done with this team. You can delete this account. An absolutely disgusting human being.

A man who does that to a woman ain't no man. He ought to be taken out back and put down. **** that piece of shit and **** anyone who makes excuses for him.

Well it was nice knowing you  Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't think we will even have a chance to choose.  Both of them are going to be gone by the time we pick tonight. 

I'm staying out of the human shittyness argument.  Both of them are nothing more than privileged athletes who needed to be told No back in their younger days.  But they weren't and now here we are. If we draft one of them tonight, and they turn into the next Barry Sanders/Adrian Peterson, everyone one of us will have forgotten their past transgressions and this debate will be a moot point.  Yes, even you Wes. 

So.....that's my two cents. 

On that note, we are going to draft a high quality football player tonight and that will hopefully help us win our first Super Bowl in the next year or two. 

Who Dey! 

ps. have you guys seen the linebacker from South Central Louisiana State University?  I can't believe he didn't get drafted last night.  Hopefully he slides to us at #41! 

Eh. I'd consider letting him be the team's Water Boy.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: I have before the draft, and I don't like that either.....but we are picking between the two, no?  From what I understand, the dogs had gotten tangled around a tree, and he hadn't checked on their well being.  If you can't watch over your pets, you shouldn't have any.

My point is why is animal cruelty/neglect not considered as bad or worse than what Mixon did? IMO it's worse because those puppies are more helpless than Molitor was in the Mixon situation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Like I said, I don't condone what he did (and I don't want to draft him), but the tone of "he's a disgusting human being" is something I feel like people do way too often. It's so dismissive and it completely ignores the issue.

Besides, I find racism to be way more offensive than hitting a woman who was obviously intending to fight.

I agree that "disgusting human being" may be over the top, but he used homophobic slurs, right?  Is that not the same?

Really, both of these guys are out of the first round for a reason.  Maybe the selfish side of me is tired of being mocked by other fans for being the Ohio State Penal League.....but PacMan is enough for me.

Reply/Quote
Cook was the best player in college at making guys miss...and 1 out of every 6 of his plays was considered 'explosive'.

I think he'd fit pretty perfectly here.

That said...I think someone trades up to get him. 2 of the teams in front of us took RB's though...so we got that going for us.
Reply/Quote