Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon's apology
Yeah I say give the dude a chance. He made a dumb mistake. People are so heartless. 
Reply/Quote
I've never met Joe Mixon's, and what he does in his spare time has zero affect on me. Having said that... I forgive you Joe Mixon.

Now make Jeremy Hill eat his "will be my backup" words.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/

Quote:On Tuesday, reporters went round and round with Mixon, who was obligated by the Orange Bowl to attend the media session.

Are you sorry about what happened?

Mixon: “I won’t answer that.”

Do you have any regrets at all about anything?

Mixon: "No."

What did you learn about yourself during your one-year suspension?

Mixon: “What do you mean what did I learn?” (This was followed by Oklahoma spokesman Mike Houck, seated next to Mixon and chiming in periodically, reiterating that Mixon only wants to answer football-related questions.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
(From 2017)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2017/01/05/joe-mixon-no-charges-parking-ticket-attendant/96216816/

Quote:University of Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon won't be charged following an incident with a parking ticket attendant in November.

Mixon was suspended one game by coach Bob Stoops after he allegedly ripped up a parking ticket and threw it at the attendant. Mixon was also accused by the attendant of driving his car toward the attendant in an attempt to intimidate.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm good with him. I will say that he comes in with 2.5 strikes in my book.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/

(From 2017)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2017/01/05/joe-mixon-no-charges-parking-ticket-attendant/96216816/

That's the attendants fault. Had he given Mixon an electronic ticket Mixon wouldn't have had anything to throw at him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/

(From 2017)

Your first link is from 2015...right after the incident. The press conference I posted is much more recent, so...

As far as the ticket, no one would care if the first incident hadn't happened. He ripped up a ticket. Big whoop. 

(04-29-2017, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm good with him. I will say that he comes in with 2.5 strikes in my book.

Agreed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
People are being very heartless. No heart. Give the kid a second chance. He's a part of our team. Not asking to give PacMan another chance here. This kid put himself in a bad situation and the girl got the best of him. We've all been put in a situation. You may have not punched a woman in the face, but bad company ruins good morals. I've been around that, I chose to walk away from it before I wound up in jail. I think he just needs a chance to show he doesn't live that type of lifestyle. I forgave him a while ago and I support this pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Your first link is from 2015...right after the incident. The press conference I posted is much more recent, so...

As far as the ticket, no one would care if the first incident hadn't happened. He ripped up a ticket. Big whoop. 

Agreed.

It's right after he had a year off from suspension. I am not sure that's "right after".

The press conference you posted is much more recent, sure, but it's also from a guy who is desperate to make millions of guaranteed dollars. "Hey Joe, look and sound super sorry and you'll get $4m. Look like an asshole and you'll get maybe $600k."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am sticking by my slogan:

You forgive those who repent...not those who repeat.

As long as he has turned it around I have no problem with the kid.

This 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 05:57 PM)jason Wrote: I've never met Joe Mixon's, and what he does in his spare time has zero affect on me. Having said that... I forgive you Joe Mixon.

Now make Jeremy Hill eat his "will be my backup" words.

Do not believe the Bengals drafted Mixon in second round while knowing his bagage would cause drama to not start. 

Will be shocked if he is not the starter. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Honestly...I think, based on his interview, he learned the wrong lesson.

At the risk of sounding like a chauvinist, the statement "It is NEVER okay to hit a woman. Ever. In any circumstance." is not only a cop out but also just...***** stupid.

This is, in my opinion, a different form of sexism. Not towards men, but towards women. By making this statement, you're basically calling them lesser.

The assumption there is that women are, by definition, helpless and need to be protected by the bigger, stronger gender of this race. Women can't handle their own conflicts and should be treated like children.

I think we can all agree that in this particular situation, he should not have hit that woman. But, if a woman is wielding a knife or gun and yelling at you and threatening you.  Or, to take it down a degree, is capable of harming you physically in any other way. By all means. Please. Hit that woman. It may save your life.

Just a side comment as I've heard that statement before and I find it very...I don't really have a word for it other than frustrating. Sexism exists because men see themselves as higher than women. This is just an advanced form of that viewpoint.

As for the player himself and all that he has said, I think he's shown he's sorry and ashamed and he hasn't really had anything happen since other than apparently tearing up a ticket and throwing it in a parking attendant's face (a feeling any person who's encountered a parking attendant can relate to). While I was disappointed that we drafted him, because I personally don't need more controversy for this team in the wake of Adam Jones' dumbassery...I will root for him. He's part of the team now. Let's hope he has no transgressions for the rest of his life.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's right after he had a year off from suspension. I am not sure that's "right after".

The press conference you posted is much more recent, sure, but it's also from a guy who is desperate to make millions of guaranteed dollars. "Hey Joe, look and sound super sorry and you'll get $4m. Look like an asshole and you'll get maybe $600k."

Idk man, I was watching the whole video looking for BS and I just didn't see any. Maybe he's just a talented actor.

Did he seem insincere to you? As sports fans, we've all seen hundreds of canned phony apologies. This seemed different to me, and not just because I like the pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly...I think, based on his interview, he learned the wrong lesson.

At the risk of sounding like a chauvinist, the statement "It is NEVER okay to hit a woman. Ever. In any circumstance." is not only a cop out but also just...***** stupid.

This is, in my opinion, a different form of sexism. Not towards men, but towards women. By making this statement, you're basically calling them lesser.

The assumption there is that women are, by definition, helpless and need to be protected by the bigger, stronger gender of this race. Women can't handle their own conflicts and should be treated like children.

I think we can all agree that in this particular situation, he should not have hit that woman. But, if a woman is wielding a knife or gun and yelling at you and threatening you.  Or, to take it down a degree, is capable of harming you physically in any other way. By all means. Please. Hit that woman. It may save your life.

Just a side comment as I've heard that statement before and I find it very...I don't really have a word for it other than frustrating. Sexism exists because men see themselves as higher than women. This is just an advanced form of that viewpoint.

As for the player himself and all that he has said, I think he's shown he's sorry and ashamed and he hasn't really had anything happen since other than apparently tearing up a ticket and throwing it in a parking attendant's face (a feeling any person who's encountered a parking attendant can relate to). While I was disappointed that we drafted him, because I personally don't need more controversy for this team in the wake of Adam Jones' dumbassery...I will root for him. He's part of the team now. Let's hope he has no transgressions for the rest of his life.

The unbridled truth is that women are lesser than men physically, and feminists just want things both ways. If a woman attacks you, I was raised that I should defend myself. That said, it's against my nature to treat an attack from a woman the same as an attack from a man. With a woman, I will almost always use the minimum force necessary to stop her from attacking me. Tbh, I'm not likely to ever punch a woman when I can easily shove them and get them to stop. 

A small push and a slap is not enough of an attack to justify the level of force he used, IMO....but it does make her a less than innocent figure and it makes what Mixon did SLIGHTLY more understandable. Key on "slightly". I'm not saying it made what he did okay...in my eyes. But I understand some are raised to believe once a woman attacks a man, she loses her woman card temporarily.
Reply/Quote
One punch thrown in the span of mere milliseconds should not define his life. He'll get this second chance, but from here on out he has to walk a very fine line. Easier said than done.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The good news is that he can get into trouble about 8 more times and still keep his job as a bengal.
Reply/Quote
Quote: I won't buy your jersey until you .....
I'm sure that keeps him awake at nights..
"OMG! Some guy on some football forum won't buy my jersey until I....." 

Jeeez.. they must all be torn up over me not buying anyones jerseys.  I don't know how the NFL survives without me buying jerseys. They better all be signing up for food stamps.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's right after he had a year off from suspension. I am not sure that's "right after".

Get off you high ***** horse and show a little humanity.  Who the **** are you anyway?  Apparently, you are perfect and always have been.  In my experience, self righteousness is usually hypocritical.  The truly righteous find it in their hearts to forgive.

She forgave him. But you can't. whatever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The assumption there is that women are, by definition, helpless and need to be protected by the bigger, stronger gender of this race. Women can't handle their own conflicts and should be treated like children.

Her assault on him was just as wrong as his assault on her. She did nothing to attempt to diffuse the situation and everything to escalate it. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly...I think, based on his interview, he learned the wrong lesson.

I think based on that punch she learned a valuable lesson. Not all punches are made equal.
Reply/Quote
lol i posted and said these things months ago and people told me he was only sorry because he wanted money.

My Mixon scouting report.

Fast Feet
Quick natural hands
and a fighting spirit

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote