Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon wants out?
https://www.12up.com/posts/joe-mixon-s-latest-instagram-activity-suggests-bengals-rb-may-want-out-of-cincinnati-01dp6c09wdjh/partners/40920

It’s only speculation, of course. But it may be worth keeping an eye on.
Reply/Quote
This has been predicted since about 5 minutes after we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
Meh....I guess a peace sign means you want out now? 12up....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can you blame anyone who wants out, particularly an exceptional RB with a short career running behind the worst line in the league with owners and management who are not willing or able to fix the problem.

He won't be the only one.

AJ is a great young man and has laid it on the line for this sorry organization. If i was his agent I would tell him to sit out the rest of the year and get a new team. There is no way I would let him re-sign with this group.
Reply/Quote
Why would any player want to play for a franchise who does nothing to prove they want to win? Answer, only losers who put money about winner which means no motivation for them to win anything either. May explain our lack of success.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Means nothing.
Reply/Quote
I don't know about this specific incident but based on his comments about HB's wanting paid early, I expected him to want a new deal next year or else he'd hold out. It would be prudent to look to trade him this year knowing that A. you aren't winning anything this year and B. he will want to be paid big next year on a team that most likely still won't be great.

I think he actually would have more value than a guy like Gordon so you could possibly recoup a 2nd for him.
Reply/Quote
This seems like much ado about nothing, but Mixon tweeting about wanting us to sign FAs and saying other things that indicate that he wants to blame his situation (which is logical) are more red flag than this post.
Reply/Quote
I would want to be out too.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
[Image: and-so-it-begins-gif.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh....I guess a peace sign means you want out now? 12up....lol.

well the OK sign is now racist so who knows.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 12:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well the OK sign is now racist so who knows.

Sticking my hand straight out in front of me at a slight elevated angle to say 'Hi' is also racist now. :angry:

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mikey won't pay Mixon his true value anyway when his contract up anyway. Mixon is already tired of losing, good on him for wanting better.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Mixon is not dumb. He and others are trying to drive up value of their position. RB position has been steadily depreciating over the years since the "modern" NFL has become pass-happy. There was a time decades ago that RB were considered upper tier skilled positions but not any longer.

This is due to rule changes and the new schemas we are seeing in NFL. If you think Elliot is worth his salary then fine. I do not. But Mixon will want to get paid and if the Bengals tank this year, he could you this as an opportunity sit out and pull a Gordon. I will say this, Mike Brown, Katie, and the Bengal family business will not respect this position.

Truly I speak to you Mixon, hear my words. Satan will be ice skating to work and pigs will fly before the Bengals front office succumbs to anything like a hold out. Just ask Palmer.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't know about this specific incident but based on his comments about HB's wanting paid early, I expected him to want a new deal next year or else he'd hold out. It would be prudent to look to trade him this year knowing that A. you aren't winning anything this year and B. he will want to be paid big next year on a team that most likely still won't be great.

I think he actually would have more value than a guy like Gordon so you could possibly recoup a 2nd for him.

TBH I think part of the reason the organization extended Bernard was just in case Mixon does hold out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mmmmm Nothing Burger with extra nothing.
Reply/Quote
I don't really know how much I'd read into any of this ? But in the same breath I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear anybody wants out of Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TBH I think part of the reason the organization extended Bernard was just in case Mixon does hold out.

Homeboy better string together some good games then, or his holdout will be even more laughable than Melvin Gordon's was.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He also had it on his twitter back on the 1st.
https://twitter.com/Joe_MainMixon/status/1179233561347526657

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:20 PM)jason Wrote: Homeboy better string together some good games then, or his holdout will be even more laughable than Melvin Gordon's was.

Kinda hard to do that when so much of a RB's production depends on the OL.
Also, there's no way the Bengals are going to pay a RB $8+ mill a year anyway, so Mixon could be as good as gone regardless.
Their priority will always be QB, WR, OT, CB, and DL as long as Mike Brown is around.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote