Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon wants out?
(10-04-2019, 02:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear anybody wants out of Cincinnati.

Yep.  

Nothing new to a Bengal fan.  We have all seen it many times.
Reply/Quote
IF mixon wants to win anything, he will have to do it with another organization!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He also had it on his twitter back on the 1st.
https://twitter.com/Joe_MainMixon/status/1179233561347526657

That's his yards per carry this year....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Honestly don’t care one way or another. They’ll go 4-12 this year with him, they’ll go 4-12 next year without him. Big meh all the way around.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it was a "see ya" to all of the fans who are saying they are done with this team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kinda hard to do that when so much of a RB's production depends on the OL.
Also, there's no way the Bengals are going to pay a RB $8+ mill a year anyway, so Mixon could be as good as gone regardless.
Their priority will always be QB, WR, OT, CB, and DL as long as Mike Brown is around.

I absolutely agree. The modern NFL has changed from what it used to  be.

While QB, WR, OT, CB, and DL are important positions, the most important overall aspect is "team speed". 

If the OL is slow, they won't be able to pull, set screens, etc. If they have great first-step speed, they can take the game to the  DL and LBers.

If the DL is faster than the OL, they can disrupt any play. If the LBers are fast, they should be able to cover better, get to the edge faster, etc.
Reply/Quote
OMG OMG OMG!  Mixon posted a peace sign!  Whatever could this mean? Peace maybe? Sooooo cryptic.  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  

Nothing new to a Bengal fan.  We have all seen it many times.

Yep. I remember back when Palmer demanded a trade and everyone was losing their minds. It was a monumental meltdown, everyone agreed it was the lowest point in Bengal franchise history.

But we had seen it before many times under Mike Brown. I knew at the time Palmer wasn’t the first, and he sure as hell wouldn’t be the last. And here we go again... maybe
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh....I guess a peace sign means you want out now? 12up....lol.

(10-04-2019, 11:40 AM)motoarch Wrote: Means nothing.

Tiger  You both may be correct, but I'm taking it to mean "Peace out".... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Notice Seattle adjusted and stopped the run after that 1st drive. THAT'S what an adjustment looks like!
Reply/Quote
LOL @ Bengals.com for blaming Mixon for the 4th and 1 failed sneak. The line got bad and about 4 lineman were in the backfield...but:

'Then on fourth-and-one from the Bengals 42, the crowd wholeheartedly agreed with head coach Zac Taylor to go for it. But working out of the shot gun, Dalton faked to Mixon and Mixon couldn't get in front of linebacker Haason Reddick for a lead block. That led to Dalton getting stopped short of the marker with 1:37 left in the third quarter.'
Reply/Quote
I’d trade Joe asap. He’s a luxury we don’t need and as much as I like him, he’d bring the best return.

Think Philly. They need him and he’d slay.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LOL @ Bengals.com for blaming Mixon for the 4th and 1 failed sneak. The line got bad and about 4 lineman were in the backfield...but:

'Then on fourth-and-one from the Bengals 42, the crowd wholeheartedly agreed with head coach Zac Taylor to go for it. But working out of the shot gun, Dalton faked to Mixon and Mixon couldn't get in front of linebacker Haason Reddick for a lead block. That led to Dalton getting stopped short of the marker with 1:37 left in the third quarter.'

Who the hell calls a QB sneak out of the shotgun on 4th and a foot ? Did ZT think he had Cam Newton ?
Reply/Quote
of course he wants out
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LOL @ Bengals.com for blaming Mixon for the 4th and 1 failed sneak. The line got bad and about 4 lineman were in the backfield...but:

Lol.
Reply/Quote