Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M.L.B. Will Change Its Baseballs After Record Home Run Rates
Quote:After years of fielding questions about record home run rates and variations in its baseballs, Major League Baseball informed its 30 teams in a memorandum on Friday of changes to the balls — and how they will be handled — for the 2021 season. Chief among the differences will be a slightly reduced weight and slightly decreased bounciness, the latter of which could reduce home runs.
...and softer bats..  Whatever
Article from the New York Times.. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/sports/baseball/mlb-change-baseball-rawlings.html?action=click&algo=bandit-all-surfaces&block=trending_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=45450826&impression_id=5827fcb0-6e40-11eb-b90a-d14d63a54269&index=0&pgtype=Article&region=footer&req_id=502666867&surface=most-popular-story&variant=0_bandit-all-surfaces

I wonder if they considered softer heads as well.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, the era of home runs and strike outs might finally be over. I would enjoy the ball being in play more often.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Actually I'm kind of ambivalent about it. On one hand I like homeruns especially when the reds knock em out, but I'm not so crazy about the bad guys hitting them. I would like to see more small ball in the game, bunting and all around fundamentals executed. Somehow though I suspect the Reds lack the adequate players to defend a lot more small ball plays.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote