Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bauer to Dodgers
(02-15-2021, 02:36 PM)kalibengal Wrote: As a lifelong Dodger fan here in LA, very happy to see at least my baseball team is getting it done in offseason...now lets see what Bengals do as a splash in FA and the draft.  

It's amazing what the forced sale of a professional sports franchise can do for a team; isn't it?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I too was surprised by the Votto contract after what happened with the Griffey JR contract. I like baseball and still enjoy it. The Reds have front office issues. Look at the Dodgers and Cardinals. They know how to build a winning team. The Reds have been rebuilding for a while. We could not score in the playoffs last year which Bauer helped get us there. But, last year was an asterisk.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 11:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My interest is also tanking from the HR, K, or nothing game they play today as well.

This is killing my interest in baseball far more than anything else. Watching guys not knowing how to bunt or hit a ground ball to second base to advance a runner frustrates me so much. Then there's guys in the league like Billy Hamilton that still don't know how to bunt . . . unbelievable.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I am a baseball fan, but games have become hard to watch.

I am not saying that there needs to be non-stop action, but there needs to be some major rule changes to speed up the game and make it more interesting to watch. It drives me crazy that the batter has to step out of the box between every pitch to adjust his batting gloves then the pitcher takes a full minute to go determine what pitch to throw.

Simply deaden the ball a little and put a clock on each. pitch. The "purists" act like it would be sacrilege to make pitchers hurry up a little, but that is ridiculous.

Any of you old enough to remember the "four corners" strategy that forced college basketball to adopt a shot clock? MLB has reached that point. The pace of the game is brutally slow. Especially when there is not even much action once a pitch is thrown. The ball is rarely put in play. It is either a walk, K, or HR and no one steals bases anymore because they are just waiting for a HR to score runs.
Reply/Quote