Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Thomas experiencing memory loss
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/32-year-old-browns-lineman-joe-thomas-on-already-experiencing-memory-loss/ar-BBApqZA?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

"There's definitely a concern, but the way I look at it is, just about every profession in our society, there's some lasting effects," Thomas said. "It's just the way our society is set up. People have to work. So, if I was a stone mason or I was a painter or if I was building bridges or whatever, there's gonna be some wear and tear on your body and your brain and that's just the way it is.
"To be able to live the lifestyle and provide for my family that football has been able to do, to me, it's a trade-off I'm willing to accept."

Sad that he's having these troubles, but at least he's realistic in his point of view on the matter.

Besides, If I played for Cleveland for 11 years, I'd want to forget about it, too.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
First time I have seen an NFLer admit occupational hazards are not exclusive to the NFL.

I came in here to complain about this because I saw he was complaining about forgetting what he went to the store for. Because guess what. I have walked into the other room and forgot why I went in there. Short term memory loss. Was it the anthrax vaccine, malaria drug, lead exposure? Or something everybody I have ever known has done?

Nobody is forcing them to play a game and get paid millions.
Reply/Quote
Occupational hazards are the single biggest reason I'm on social security already.. Memory loss, check. Back and legs shot, check. Heart issues, check. And I didn't play football in the NFL, just Jr High.. I did however work with a lot of hazardous chemicals and did a lot of heavy lifting of bulky stuff..mostly without any kind of protection.. As a poor man without a rich mommy and daddy I got stuck with a lot of shit jobs. In other words, expendable ...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Nobody is forcing them to play a game and get paid millions.

Nobody forced the NFL to lie for years about the neurological impact concussions had and save millions.
Reply/Quote
Losing his memory about playing on all those crap teams for that joke of an organization may be a blessing in disguise.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 09:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: Losing his memory about playing on all those crap teams for that joke of an organization may be a blessing in disguise.

Yeah, I think that I covered that joke in the OP..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 09:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: Losing his memory about playing on all those crap teams for that joke of an organization may be a blessing in disguise.

(05-22-2017, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I think that I covered that joke in the OP..

He didn't remember reading it before posting. Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: First time I have seen an NFLer admit occupational hazards are not exclusive to the NFL.

I came in here to complain about this because I saw he was complaining about forgetting what he went to the store for. Because guess what. I have walked into the other room and forgot why I went in there. Short term memory loss. Was it the anthrax vaccine, malaria drug, lead exposure? Or something everybody I have ever known has done?

Nobody is forcing them to play a game and get paid millions.

I don't see where he was complaining. Looks like he was doing the exact opposite of complaining.
Reply/Quote