Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Thuney's sister likes my tweet of Joe joining the Bengals
[Image: hellyeah.jpg]

I really hope we can get him on the team, would definitely help solidify the offensive line Cool
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Get Thuney in FA.

1st round Sewell
2nd round Terrance Marshall...trade up maybe
Rest of draft Defense
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 08:43 PM)milksheikh Wrote: [Image: hellyeah.jpg]

I really hope we can get him on the team, would definitely help solidify the offensive line   Cool
would hopefully help start to solidify the line... i was so excited about Reeder and then bam... out for year Sad  the Oline has more pieces to get better but Thune would put us on the a positive track
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What was she wearing?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What was she wearing?

Khakis
Reply/Quote

I really hope we can get him on the team, would definitely help solidify the offensive line   Cool
Thuney, yes
DE/DT mid tier yes
Vet corner, yes

Trade down to pick up another 2nd rounder

Target Chase/Pitts/Slater in 1st.  If none are there, trade down again for an extra 3rd rounder.

Then best available...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
His sister has been liking a lot of tweets that mention Joe coming to the Bengals. We know his family would be happy if he returned home, it'll be interesting to see if the Bengals are interest and if Thuney's feelings are mutual.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I know the guy, and his family, and want him in stripes so badly......HOWEVER.....

I don't want to spend the $14 million per that is being rumored. What team will pay him that right now? Maybe he takes a two year deal and hopes to get a bigger bite of the apple next time? My dream is he gets a 5 year deal worth something like 50 million with a higher guarantee. It is security, it is excellent money for a guard, and it would be affordable for the team.

But I think $14 million prohibits the signing or extension of another player and that is just too much...unless they think he would play RT. And that would be a stretch, even though he played every line position in college.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know the guy, and his family, and want him in stripes so badly......HOWEVER.....

I don't want to spend the $14 million per that is being rumored.  What team will pay him that right now?  Maybe he takes a two year deal and hopes to get a bigger bite of the apple next time?  My dream is he gets a 5 year deal worth something like 50 million with a higher guarantee.  It is security, it is excellent money for a guard, and it would be affordable for the team.  

But I think $14 million prohibits the signing or extension of another player and that is just too much...unless they think he would play RT.  And that would be a stretch, even though he played every line position in college.

It's a lot of money, and with the Bengals history, as soon as they sign he him will be injured in camp or in the first few games ala Reader. FWIW, Zeitler just became available and would be a lot cheaper (that said, I still want Thuney)
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a lot of money, and with the Bengals history, as soon as they sign he him will be injured in camp or in the first few games ala Reader. FWIW, Zeitler just became available and would be a lot cheaper (that said, I still want Thuney)

I get it...I see Thuney next to Jonah for five years and salivate.  However, the real question is whether you want Thuney or a guy like Zeitler AND Curtis Samuel?  

Zeitler could allow for an additional player...I am hoping Thuney takes a 5 year deal that is something like $50 million with a strong guarantee.  But at $14 million or more, I just don't see the value.  He is a really good guard, but he isn't Quentin Nelson.  That guy is the only interior lineman I could see commanding that kind of money.  That being said, it is highly probable that some team will pay him more than I want the Bengals to pay him. 
Reply/Quote
I can top that...Russell Bodine’s sister liked my tweet about him coming back to Cincy!

O line issues solved!
Reply/Quote
I'm okay if the Bengals have to overpay for Thuney or any quality OL. This is the Bengals we're talking about, one of the worst franchises in the NFL. If overpaying brings in free agents and helps with improving reputation, then pay the man.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 01:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm okay if the Bengals have to overpay for Thuney or any quality OL. This is the Bengals we're talking about, one of the worst franchises in the NFL. If overpaying brings in free agents and helps with improving reputation, then pay the man.

Like I said, I want Thuney. But, I can also see the wisdom in signing someone like Zeitler, then having the money to sign another quality guard, and getting two for one. This kind of mitigates hedging all your bets on an expensive FA like Reader, who then when they get hurt you have nothing. If the team is deep in a position, you can spend on the big name player. If you have nothing in the bullpen, you better take the 2 for 1 deal.
Reply/Quote
I would rather get Thuney because he’s younger and better. I hope they don’t settle for one decent guard instead of going after the best one available (Thuney).

Chiefs released both of their tackles but both in their 30s and coming off injuries.
Reply/Quote

Of course, the entire Thuney family would like him closer to home I am sure. 

My ideal scenario right now even though I love yours...

FA:

- Thuney G
- Daryl Williams RT
- Sheldon Rankins DT
- Solomon Thomas DE/DT

1st Round - Sewell OT
2nd Round - Boogie Basham DE
3rd Round - Terrance Marshall WR
4th Round - Meinerz G
Reply/Quote
Let's bring back Zeitler while we're at it
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let's bring back Zeitler while we're at it

Joe
Reply/Quote