Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe becomes a founding investor in new volleyball league
(12-17-2022, 09:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are you so judgemental, yet question others when they raise a point?

you mean giving my opinion like literal everyone else on here
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 09:59 PM)Leon Wrote: you mean giving my opinion like literal everyone else on here

Yes. That's what i did and you accused me of insulting you. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 09:56 PM)Leon Wrote: yessir im not interested in that. they should be allowed to wear basketball style shirt if its a resectful league

Confused
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. That's what i did and you accused me of insulting you. 

right. we each gave our opinions.whats the issue
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Confused

sorry i meant shorts not shirts. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:04 PM)Leon Wrote: right. we each gave our opinions.whats the issue

If we're being honest, the issue is, i don't think you're who you say you are. I'd wager money that everyone else reading this exchange was able to discern that but it is what it is. 

I tend to just naturally notice things that raise red flags to me, so every now and then i'll point it out. I'm not wrong very often but as long as you don't break any rules and the admin don't do what they do to find trolls, you'll be just fine. 

Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If we're being honest, the issue is, i don't think you're who you say you are. I'd wager money that everyone else reading this exchange was able to discern that but it is what it is. 

I tend to just naturally notice things that raise red flags to me, so every now and then i'll point it out. I'm not wrong very often but as long as you don't break any rules and the admin don't do what they do to find trolls, you'll be just fine. 

Wink

you do you but im so glad i dont live life that way or think that way.

you have a great weekend buddy an God bless you
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:24 PM)Leon Wrote: you do you but im so glad i dont live life that way or think that way.

So judgemental. And from a guy that had a problem with my first post on this matter. 

tsk tsk. Hypocrisy?

Reply/Quote
Great job Joe Joe
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:24 PM)Leon Wrote: you do you but im so glad i dont live life that way or think that way.

(12-17-2022, 10:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So judgemental. And from a guy that had a problem with my first post on this matter. 

tsk tsk. Hypocrisy?

OMG,, get a room already.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Great move by Joe to get involved with this. Giving these ladies a chance to earn a living doing what they love is awesome! Joe
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 09:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He already helps children with mental illness and the one's experiencing food insecurity with his Joe Burrow Foundation.

He also has the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief fund helping the poor of Appalachian Ohio.

Now he is helping Women Volleyball players where most women sports get overlooked when it comes to playing for pay. 

Am betting he will have more charity endeavors coming down the pike as well.  

Seems to be a pretty darn good role model on how he conducts himself with such a huge spotlight shining on him too. 

I'm so glad we have him as the face of our franchise.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 04:38 PM)Leon Wrote: if you feed hungry kids an families, not a penny gets wasted. its his money an his choice just personaly i wish it was going to feeding folks. something near and dear to my hsaert and my farm an family do on a weekly basis

It easily can. Among my favorite sayings is:

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 11:04 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: OMG,, get a room already.  Mellow

Jellies?

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It easily can. Among my favorite sayings is:

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

And if you light a candle, you can cook the fish!  Cool

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 11:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Jellies?

Maybe. Wub
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 09:43 PM)Leon Wrote: well i hope it works out for him an he dont lose lots of money that coulda went to his charities instead

it's not for you to judge people according to God's word.

Pretty sure it's not anybodies job to tell people what to do with their own money as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 03:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good on him for the effort, but it's a money loser. Just like the WNBA and Women's soccer, there will not be a huge audience. I gie it 3 years before it folds. Just like softball, People that like to watch women's volleyball will continue to watch college teams.

You're not wrong, but it's also a tax write-off. Giving chances for athletes to make a living for a short while and possibly allowing them to finish off degrees. Not everybody can juggle 20 hours of practice and two to four matches per week while trying to graduate college in four to five years. This also might allow a few more nurses and doctors to continue playing while finishing medical school. I saw A LOT of this the first few years of MLS as I would often hear announcers say that this will be a player's last game after only a third of a season gone by because he's retiring when he graduates med school in a few days. 

I've recently kind of hoped that women's gymnastics got something like this. A few years ago, I dated an Oregon State U grad that was massively into women's college gymnastics and we watched a lot of young Pac 12 women become insanely good at their craft, with some performing in front of thousands(Utah and UCLA have large crowds). And then, at the height of their powers . . . it's all over and the best that they can hope to achieve through the sport anymore is coaching or the rare announcer gig for the local conference cable network.

We watched Peng Peng Lee's final routine of her career with the National Championship on the line . . . She kills it and then it's all over, nowhere else left to go. Nothing to train for anymore. It would be kind of like Joe Burrow having to retire after his performance in the NCAA Championship game.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Cool on Joe. I love watching girls volleyball, but girls beach handball is the absolute best! Wub
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 09:56 PM)Leon Wrote: yessir im not interested in that. they should be allowed to wear basketball style shirt if its a resectful league

They don't want to wear basketball shorts. They want to wear what they wear because it allows them to move. Just like the when the Olympics tried to tell the beach volleyball women they couldn't wear their bikinis because they were playing in a Muslim country. The women pushed back. Their bodies, their choice, right? If a girl wants to wear basketball shorts, she should be allowed. If she wants to wear the normal volleyball shorts, that shouldn't be a problem either.
Reply/Quote