Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.57 Average
Joe football iQ on another level
(01-23-2022, 12:29 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's the sad part, when I heard him say that I'm like damn we got a braniac eidetic memory dude here and I'm typing up all my notes at work to do CTRL +F on them later. Without all my notes and CTRL+F, I wouldn't earn a dollar in this world. Joe is a combination of coolest person alive and closet nerd I think. I don't think it's even closet, he's wearing spongebob and dunder mifflin outfits at the same time.

And Space Jam too. Hopefully it’s just the first one and not that new legacy garbage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So today was a perfect example of how Joe Burrow is playing multiple games of 3-dimensional chess at the same time while I am pushing around a small square rock making bulldozer noises.

Joe was sacked 9 times officially and had 2 more wiped out by penalty/time out. A lot of people were saying "Throw the ball away!!" but if he slings his arm to throw all those away that is another 11 tosses. Joe knew it was better to take the sacks and save his arm strength. If he had thrown the ball away all those times to avoid sacks then he might not have had the juice left to throw that strike to Ja'Marr to set up the game winner.

He sees angles we don't even think about.

You stopped going on about that third and 3 from a few weeks ago then. You like him now. Flip flop
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sacks only come off TEAM stats.  

Joe just likes padding up his personal stats.

He’s made it very clear he doesn’t focus on stats. He just wants to win. He isn’t padding. How do you always find a way to have a dog or find a negative. So weird
Reply/Quote
I agree 100%…. BUT- and there’s no way to predict things that didn’t happen… but- it sure looked like he going to try to throw it with his left hand on one of those last sacks- didn’t it?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Brady said he's contemplating what to do after this season is over. Let's get another man burrow'd. Forced Ben mid season to say he's going to retire, got wink fired, probably got tannenhill canned. Make AROD think twice about joining the steelers, and make brady think maybe it's his time.

lol really this 44 year old goes out there and gets most yards and TDs and thinking he's going to hang them up, he's saying this just like ben said that to try and spur the team to wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So today was a perfect example of how Joe Burrow is playing multiple games of 3-dimensional chess at the same time while I am pushing around a small square rock making bulldozer noises.

Joe was sacked 9 times officially and had 2 more wiped out by penalty/time out. A lot of people were saying "Throw the ball away!!" but if he slings his arm to throw all those away that is another 11 tosses. Joe knew it was better to take the sacks and save his arm strength. If he had thrown the ball away all those times to avoid sacks then he might not have had the juice left to throw that strike to Ja'Marr to set up the game winner.

I honestly can’t tell if this is a joke or you’re serious. 11 throws will wear his arm out? He’s an athlete. An NFL athlete.

As im typing, im like, ok he’s joking…..right?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:45 AM)TheFan Wrote: Classic Fred trying to make lemonade out of oranges. Can never just be happy and always trying to go against the norm of everyone else.

Honestly the strangest person I have ever come across on any forum. Seems incapable of thought outside of statistics and is just deliberately obtuse for the sake of it. He also says people have said things and provides quotes that don’t even back up his argument. It’s a forum so everyone can have an opinion just find it absolutely bizarre
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: All I know if we can get the OL to give him an extra .50 to .75 and a clean pocket to step up and throw  JB will only get better and that is scary for the rest of the NFL

MVP Super Bowl champion Joe Burrow - 
Give this man even an average OL and the sky is the limit,  do it soon though because he is taking a beating.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:18 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I honestly can’t tell if this is a joke or you’re serious. 11 throws will wear his arm out? He’s an athlete. An NFL athlete.

As im typing, im like, ok he’s joking…..right?

He's drunk among other things. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:28 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Are you drunk this time or no

(01-23-2022, 11:26 AM)higgy100 Wrote: He's drunk among other things. 

[Image: 62cs0k.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Joe was sacked 9 times officially and had 2 more wiped out by penalty/time out.  A lot of people were saying "Throw the ball away!!" but if he slings his arm to throw all those away that is another 11 tosses.  Joe knew it was better to take the sacks and save his arm strength.  If he had thrown the ball away all those times to avoid sacks then he might not have had the juice left to throw that strike to Ja'Marr to set up the game winner.

I have a rock. Can I play, too? 

I think Burrow getting sacked was his legal way of taunting.

Joe: "Good one! Ya got me! Oh wait, look! Is that the scoreboard?"
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 62cs0k.jpg]

I didn't know there was a Chris Simms meme.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He sees angles we don't even think about.

That’s what your mom said!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Joe got the record for most sacks in a playoff game win, beating out McNabb. I don't know how many McNabb had, but we also tied for being sacked the most in a playoff game (W. Moon). Joe shiesty with another record.

And Joe set the franchise record for the most sacks taken in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Throwin' shade on the guy that just took us to the AFC Championship?

I guess that interceptions stat that you nurtured like your own personal baby Yoda doesn't get it anymore?

It's easy once he's on the ground to say, "He should have thrown it away," or "He should have just taken the sack." People don't talk that shit when he breaks out and makes a play.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:42 PM)Roland Wrote: Throwin' shade on the guy that just took us to the AFC Championship?

I guess that interceptions stat that you nurtured like your own personal baby Yoda doesn't get it anymore?

It's easy once he's on the ground to say, "He should have thrown it away," or "He should have just taken the sack."  People don't talk that shit when he breaks out and makes a play.

Probably 3 or 4 of those sacks were definitely on Burrow and may have taken points off the board. 

That said, we won, so who cares. Fred is likely disheartened that Marvin and Dalton never won us these games so he's trying to rain on others parade since he loved both of them. 
Reply/Quote

Joe was sacked 9 times officially and had 2 more wiped out by penalty/time out.  A lot of people were saying "Throw the ball away!!" but if he slings his arm to throw all those away that is another 11 tosses.  Joe knew it was better to take the sacks and save his arm strength.  If he had thrown the ball away all those times to avoid sacks then he might not have had the juice left to throw that strike to Ja'Marr to set up the game winner.

He just needs to learn to throw the ball away  instead of trying to make a near impossible play and taking a sack for a huge loss.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Joe got the record for most sacks in a playoff game win, beating out McNabb. I don't know how many McNabb had, but we also tied for being sacked the most in a playoff game (W. Moon). Joe shiesty with another record.

He probably took some of those sacks on purpose just to break another record.

Selfish turd almost cost us the AFC title game in his pursuit of personal glory.

Put away those glasses, Joe. Your future's not looking bright.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Probably 3 or 4 of those sacks were definitely on Burrow and may have taken points off the board. 

That said, we won, so who cares. Fred is likely disheartened that Marvin and Dalton never won us these games so he's trying to rain on others parade since he loved both of them. 

[Image: ya-think-professor-sheldon-oberon.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:21 PM)magikod Wrote: He just needs to learn to throw the ball away  instead of trying to make a near impossible play and taking a sack for a huge loss.

You realize it’s a penalty to throw the ball away on most of those sacks right?

Reply/Quote