Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe heading to LA for surgery
Lap mentioned yesterday. BFF Sam Hubbard confirmed it. Joe is on his way to LA today for surgery (likely tomorrow or Wed) so we can start the official rehab clock. Since LA is his destination then his surgeon is likely Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kernan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic. He is the team doctor for the Rams and Dodgers and stands alongside Dr Andrews as the knee doctor of choice for NFL players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 03:56 PM)pally Wrote: Lap mentioned yesterday. BFF Sam Hubbard confirmed it.  Joe is on his way to LA today for surgery (likely tomorrow or Wed) so we can start the official rehab clock.  Since LA is his destination then his surgeon is likely Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kernan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic.  He is the team doctor for the Rams and Dodgers and stands alongside Dr Andrews as the knee doctor of choice for NFL players

I hope and pray his knee is better than ever in 6 to 12 months.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Ill do a drive by and send "heal fast !" vibes for him
Reply/Quote
great!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So the amputation is finally happening?
Reply/Quote
I’m a big fan of Dr Lonnie Paulous, the surgeon who repaired Carson’s knee. His work was nothing short of miraculous, as Carson was back on the field a little over 8 months after an injury that was very similar to Burrow’s.

I hope this surgeon is just as amazing
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:10 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’m a big fan of Dr Lonnie Paulous, the surgeon who repaired Carson’s knee. His work was nothing short of miraculous, as Carson was back on the field a little over 8 months after an injury that was very similar to Burrow’s.

I hope this surgeon is just as amazing

Wasn't Burrows injury a little more damaging? He may have to undergo a few surgeries to repair all the damage. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wasn't Burrows injury a little more damaging? He may have to undergo a few surgeries to repair all the damage. 

I am no doctor, but when I was playing in a 3 on 3 basketball tourney at age 40, A pump faked a 250 lb. guy and he landed on me. I remember looking the other way while my left knee continued to face the basket. 

I tore my ACL, MCL, both meniscus and my knee cap was separated from the bone as well requiring 6 screws. I had one surgery, but a ton of rehab (5 days a week for 9 months), over time my knee while never being the same has shockingly held up. I was told 10 years and would need a knee replacement, I was told goal was to be able to walk without a limp.

I had one surgery to repair it all.

It has been 23 years. I did not have the equipment and trainer Joe will be privy to nor the time to work on it 4 to 6 hours a day. I am confident Joe will be back in 2021, it may not be game one, but likely within 10 to 12 months.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: So the amputation is finally happening?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: So the amputation is finally happening?

Still better than Thinley
Reply/Quote
Take good care of our boy.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Take good care of our boy.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wasn't Burrows injury a little more damaging? He may have to undergo a few surgeries to repair all the damage. 

They'll repair the ACL, the MCL heals on it's own. If they have to clean up the meniscus they'll do it while they're in there the first time. 
Reply/Quote

It’s difficult to say because they were deliberately vague about “other structural damage” which most likely means meniscus and/or PCL. But, very similar injuries because the mechanism of injury was the same. Burrow’s rehab timeline will be very similar to Palmer’s if all goes well. An optimistic prognosis which is still within the realm of possible puts him ready for Week 1. Mean recovery time puts his return for October. A December return would be at the tail end of the prognosis.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They'll repair the ACL, the MCL heals on it's own. If they have to clean up the meniscus they'll do it while they're in there the first time. 

The MCL can heal on its own if it is an isolated injury and they opt for a conservative approach. Since they aren’t opting for a conservative approach the will repair the MCL surgically as well as the ACL.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am no doctor, but when I was playing in a 3 on 3 basketball tourney at age 40, A pump faked a 250 lb. guy and he landed on me. I remember looking the other way while my left knee continued to face the basket. 

I tore my ACL, MCL, both meniscus and my knee cap was separated from the bone as well requiring 6 screws. I had one surgery, but a ton of rehab (5 days a week for 9 months), over time my knee while never being the same has shockingly held up. I was told 10 years and would need a knee replacement, I was told goal was to be able to walk without a limp.

I had one surgery to repair it all.

It has been 23 years. I did not have the equipment and trainer Joe will be privy to nor the time to work on it 4 to 6 hours a day. I am confident Joe will be back in 2021, it may not be game one, but likely within 10 to 12 months.

Oh, I thought you were a neurologist since you know more than they do.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The MCL can heal on its own if it is an isolated injury and they opt for a conservative approach. Since they aren’t opting for a conservative approach the will repair the MCL surgically as well as the ACL.

Joe Burrow will be the man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They'll repair the ACL, the MCL heals on it's own. If they have to clean up the meniscus they'll do it while they're in there the first time. 

The MCL can heal on its own if it is an isolated injury and they opt for a conservative approach. Since they aren’t opting for a conservative approach the will repair the MCL surgically as well as the ACL.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Joe Burrow will be the man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster Ninja

Every time he runs, get the whole stadium to do the "nananananananananana" sound effect. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Every time he runs, get the whole stadium to do the "nananananananananana" sound effect. 

They would get it Caddyshack wrong!

Reply/Quote