Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe heading to LA for surgery
This doctor is a big time surgeon to the stars. He is buddies with Tom Brady and fixed his knee, as well as Whitworths.
He also has a lot of high profile clients so they are not going cheap on this one. Oh and Sly Stallone is his brother in law for whatever that’s worth.
Joe should be in good hands because this guy is a big $ doctor.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that is a little upset at people saying, "he'll be ready for week 1", as if it were fact?

I didn't even like the wording the team used: "We expect him back for 2021".

It may seem petty, but this wording would have sounded much better to me: "We very hopeful he'll be back for 2021" or "We're optimistic he'll back for 2021"

I'm sure some people will accuse me of being negative, but it's not that at all. "Expect" is a strong word. Posters, stating as fact, that he'll be ready to go, seems like undue pressure.

I just want the guy to take as much time as he needs, and for us to not to rush this in any way possible. This is a QB we're hopefully counting on for the next decade, so I'd prefer not to rush this, or to make the kid feel in any way we're counting on him for week 1.

To each their own, but I almost find people who say, he'll be good to go week 1, as offensive. Let's let this play out. If erring on the side of caution means October or November then go that route.

Just keep Joe safe, and in no way put any unneeded pressure on him throughout the process.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He also has a lot of high profile clients so they are not going cheap on this one. 

They ought to deduct the cost from Jim Turner's, Michael Jordan's, and whoever on the right side got beat's salaries.

They should all pay for it.  And then whatever the Browns/Blackburn's save from that, they ought to match it with their own money and pay it out to Joe as  bonus, for being such incompentent dolts.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully surgery goes well.. I don;t see the Bengals rushing him back.. I probably see him wanting to be back on the field and the Bengals holding him out...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They ought to deduct the cost from Jim Turner's, Michael Jordan's, and whoever on the right side got beat's salaries.

They should all pay for it.  And then whatever the Browns/Blackburn's save from that, they ought to match it with their own money and pay it out to Joe as  bonus, for being such incompentent dolts.

While the the right side is usually suspect, it was actually Jordan at LG who got bumrushed right back into Burrow’s knee.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:42 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: While the the right side is usually suspect, it was actually Jordan at LG who got bumrushed right back into Burrow’s knee.

He was high-low'd.  Jordan's man hit him low in the front and Adeniji's guy hit him high in the back.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully by the time Burrow sets foot on a field again, he'll have some new OL and a new OL coach!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Am I the only one that is a little upset at people saying, "he'll be ready for week 1", as if it were fact?

I didn't even like the wording the team used: "We expect him back for 2021".

It may seem petty, but this wording would have sounded much better to me: "We very hopeful he'll be back for 2021" or "We're optimistic he'll back for 2021"

I'm sure some people will accuse me of being negative, but it's not that at all. "Expect" is a strong word. Posters, stating as fact, that he'll be ready to go, seems like undue pressure.

I just want the guy to take as much time as he needs, and for us to not to rush this in any way possible. This is a QB we're hopefully counting on for the next decade, so I'd prefer not to rush this, or to make the kid feel in any way we're counting on him for week 1.

To each their own, but I almost find people who say, he'll be good to go week 1, as offensive. Let's let this play out. If erring on the side of caution means October or November then go that route.

Just keep Joe safe, and in no way put any unneeded pressure on him throughout the process.

I posted this earlier . . .

(11-26-2020, 02:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29638200/

The mean time for return to play is 305 days with a range of plus or minus almost 2 months.

I haven’t seen anyone definitively state Burrow will be ready Week 1. But the prognosis based upon NFL players with multi ligament knee injuries receiving NFL level medical care includes a scenario in which he could be ready by Week 1. It could also be later, but no reason to hit the panic button.
Reply/Quote
Knees go out every year in the NFL, where's the equipment to protect the knees??!?!?!? whoever comes up with it, is gonna make some hyuuuuuuuuuuuge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. oww yeah
Reply/Quote
"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/statement-from-the-cincinnati-bengals-on-joe-burrow-s-surgery

"Joe Burrow underwent successful surgery yesterday. The procedure went as planned and he is expected to make a complete recovery. Joe will begin the recovery process and we look forward to his return."
Reply/Quote
Great news on the surgery. Glad they were able to save the leg and didn't have to put him down; many here were worried.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 04:41 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/statement-from-the-cincinnati-bengals-on-joe-burrow-s-surgery

"Joe Burrow underwent successful surgery yesterday. The procedure went as planned and he is expected to make a complete recovery. Joe will begin the recovery process and we look forward to his return."

Well thats an early Christmas gift for all Bengal fans. Very happy to hear that!!!!
Reply/Quote
Good news for once.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 05:27 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote