Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe involved in another investment project
After becoming an investor in the new women's volleyball league, Joe is now reportedly part of a new project - along with Sam Hubbard and a few other athletes.

'CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow and defensive end Sam Hubbard are reportedly part of a group of professional athletes buying farmland in Iowa to lease back to farmers.

According to FrontOfficeSports.com the group is purchasing a 104-acre, corn- and soy-focused farm in northern Iowa that was arranged by Patricof Co. seeking a single-digit percentage annual return on the investment.'

Reply/Quote
Oof.... farming is a bad business to try to make money on these days. It's almost not doable. Not sure who he is getting investment advice from.
Reply/Quote
Don't love big money buying up farmland as a form of investment.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If you lease it they will come. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5 million between 20 athletes comes out to around 250k a person. Peanuts.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oof.... farming is a bad business to try to make money on these days. It's almost not doable. Not sure who he is getting investment advice from.

He's leasing the land to farmers, not planning on making the money off farming. It's essentially a real estate investment. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Blake should teach Burrow some nice acting skills to get more advantageous calls from the refs. Then, I suppose, they could sell some corn at their farmer's stand on route 6.
Reply/Quote
Those huge farms farms in Iowa are a big deal. Highly likely its soy beans and that is money but the investment is in the land.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
100 Acres is not much of a farm, especially in Iowa terms.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's leasing the land to farmers, not planning on making the money off farming. It's essentially a real estate investment. 

Right, but if his tenant farmers aren't making money, they can't make the lease payments.
Reply/Quote
Farmers have it rough man, let alone tenant farmers. I don't know what to think of this honestly.

Reminds me of Far and Away. Great show BTW. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Maybe this is the start of NFL players stopping Bill Gates from buying it all and controlling our food supply.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, but if his tenant farmers aren't making money, they can't make the lease payments.

It's the yearly increase in the value of the land that these guys invested in not the actual farming.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, but if his tenant farmers aren't making money, they can't make the lease payments.

Quote "single digit percentage returns" makes it sound like its more to promote natural products instead of GMO (not trying to turn this into a pnR debate, just pointing out that phrasing seems to indicate its not entirely financially based from how I read it).
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 07:35 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Quote "single digit percentage returns" makes it sound like its more to promote natural products instead of GMO (not trying to turn this into a pnR debate, just pointing out that phrasing seems to indicate its not entirely financially based from how I read it).

This is correct. The single digit return makes this sound like more of a charitable, do good thing a bunch of athletes got together to do. Shockingly, Blake Griffin is in the picture w Joe and part of it, because he's an absolute D bag.

Now, watch it turn out to be a weed farm. Ahahahahaha!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 07:35 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Quote "single digit percentage returns" makes it sound like its more to promote natural products instead of GMO (not trying to turn this into a pnR debate, just pointing out that phrasing seems to indicate its not entirely financially based from how I read it).

It's carefully crafted wording no doubt.

But if you think that the athletes are doing this for charity that's not the case. They see an investment opportunity to get richer. Land/leasing is good business.

Not knocking them, I'd do it if I could. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oof.... farming is a bad business to try to make money on these days. It's almost not doable. Not sure who he is getting investment advice from.

I think investing in real estate is one the best investments you can make.But with farmland and this leasing program,not to sure how that works.But investing in real estate,if done correctly,can reap huge dividends.
Reply/Quote
Don't know much about how smart purchasing land in Iowa is, but I'd venture to say it will outlast the women's professional Volleyball League
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 08:34 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's carefully crafted wording no doubt.

But if you think that the athletes are doing this for charity that's not the case. They see an investment opportunity to get richer. Land/leasing is good business.

Not knocking them, I'd do it if I could. LOL

You could be right. Not saying the potential isn't there. But considering JB9s promotion of the food banks for impoverished people of Athens, buying stake in a farm with low returns gives me hope that that had some factor in the reasoning. He could also be using the farm to promote healthier choices in food. He does seem like the type to want the best for all people.
Reply/Quote
They also could be using it to take losses to offset taxes.
Reply/Quote