Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe is not Andy
(09-28-2020, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Look at the link Okeana posted showing how much time every QB in the league has to throw.  15 QBs have less time to throw than Burrow.  He needs to get rid of the ball quicker.

If he wants to get hit less, yes.  If he wants to make plays, no.  It's kind of a Sophie's Choice he lives with once a week.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I absolutely don't doubt his athletic ability or smarts, but I reiterate, Stabler and Namath at their worst, STILL didn't put up horrid seasons that Manning did.

If you look at the three years when the Saints had their best record, Manning had more picks than TDs in 2 of those seasons; their best year under him, they were 8-8 and he STILL threw 20 picks to 16 TDs.

I completely understand (and agree, actually) that if he was on a better team, the numbers would be better.

But the numbers are historically terrible, just awful.

About the only year that helps the narrative that he, "tried to make something out of nothing," was the year he had the most passing attempts in his career; he had the best TD to INT ratio of his career (23:20) and the only time he threw 20 TDs.

The team was 1-15.

Again, if he even had 3 of these types of seasons, I can see how the team held him back quite a bit, but that was the one outlier in a very shitty career; he may have had excellent athletic ability and gamesmanship, but he sucked. Sucked, sucked, sucked, period.

Another thing you have to consider on those guys, DB play was FAR different than it is now. They could mug WRs, and knock the shit out of em to knock the ball loose, etc. QB was not protected either. Much different era.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, far be it from me to defend any Manning but back in them old days the NFL wasn't nearly as design for parity and if you had a lazy or lousy owner you'd have franchises like the Bucs and the Ain'ts that were the modern day equivalent of an XFL team playing vs NFL teams.  Well, maybe that's a bit much but the Saints didn't have a winning season until their 21st year of existence and that's some odds-defying crap.  That would be like the Houston Texans finally getting their first winning season in 2023.

Ah yes....the Yuccaneers were awful too. They really screwed over the expansion teams back then, but it shouldn't have taken 21 years to have a winning record...lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Today was another reminder
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Today was another reminder

Agreed. A lot of misplaced confidence in the line. I'm sure that will change soon

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:14 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Agreed. A lot of misplaced confidence in the line. I'm sure that will change soon

What in the past 20 plus years that son of Paul has run this franchise makes you think anything will change soon lol?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Another thing you have to consider on those guys, DB play was FAR different than it is now. They could mug WRs, and knock the shit out of em to knock the ball loose, etc. QB was not protected either. Much different era.

Anytime someone calls Brady the "goat" I shake my head and remind them that if he played in the 80's or early 90's he'd have lasted 2 seasons at most. He is soft, and cries at any hit he takes, the old school defenses would have broken him.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What in the past 20 plus years that son of Paul has run this franchise makes you think anything will change soon lol?

Pretty sure he was talking about Joe having misplaced confidence

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Anytime someone calls Brady the "goat" I shake my head and remind them that if he played in the 80's or early 90's he'd have lasted 2 seasons at most. He is soft, and cries at any hit he takes, the old school defenses would have broken him.

Well that’s a hot take.

Reply/Quote
Star 
183 yards 0 TDs 1 INT 2 Fumbles 1 lossed.... Joe has played really well this season. This is definitely a "bad Joe" game. The line didnt give him any favors at all. The play calling was bad too (I hate those pitch plays with a passion). The loss definitely wasn't his fault. Considering what he had to deal with I'm surprised he wasn't worse. If this is "bad Joe" then I'm not worried at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure he was talking about Joe having misplaced confidence

Oh oh.. gotcha.

Thought we were saying the O-line would change quickly... cause... there will be 34 NFL teams before the O-line improves.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well that’s a hot take.

And I'll stand by it, I can not stand to watch Brady play. A defender tackles him or hits him and he instantly is looking at the ref, hands in air, crying that he was tackled. I know other QBs do this at times, but not every time they get hit. He is soft, and fits in perfectly in the new nfl where big hits are flagged immediately (even when legal).

Reply/Quote
Yes, Andy Dalton got the ball out a lot faster than Joe Burrow. This, however does not solve the Bengals’ current offense problem. It’s a band-aid at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What in the past 20 plus years that son of Paul has run this franchise makes you think anything will change soon lol?

His mentality about the line, not the actual management or coaching. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Andy Dalton got the ball out a lot faster than Joe Burrow. This, however does not solve the Bengals’ current offense problem.  It’s a band-aid at best.

When I was a kid my dad told me something as a leader that I will never forget and I think it plays true here.

"It's easier to speed someone up than it is to slow them down."

Joe's just gotta learn he's not in Baton Rogue anymore. He'll speed up as the game slows down for him.

Watching today's game the Sam Darnold "I'm seeing ghosts out there" kept going through my head 

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And I'll stand by it, I can not stand to watch Brady play. A defender tackles him or hits him and he instantly is looking at the ref, hands in air, crying that he was tackled. I know other QBs do this at times, but not every time they get hit. He is soft, and fits in perfectly in the new nfl where big hits are flagged immediately (even when legal).

This is a recency bias take. Brady has played in the league for a long time and has taken some monster shots without a problem. He does what he does to play the rules. 

For instance, here is a shot he took early in his career by a former Bengal, Nate Clements. This hit would likely be a suspension, but back then, it wasn't even a flag. He claps, grabs his helmet and goes back to the huddle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4OTH0pddv4

This is a stupid take tbh. The idea that Brady would crumble if he started his career five years earlier is laughable.
Reply/Quote
Burrow does not have time to throw the ball. When he drops back he has to instantly start moving and stepping up.. Just like Joe Mixon has NOWHERE to run. This oline should be ashamed of themselves. They are sad.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 183 yards 0 TDs 1 INT 2 Fumbles 1 lossed.... Joe has played really well this season. This is definitely a "bad Joe" game. The line didnt give him any favors at all. The play calling was bad too (I hate those pitch plays with a passion). The loss definitely wasn't his fault. Considering what he had to deal with I'm surprised he wasn't worse. If this is "bad Joe" then I'm not worried at all.

You should be. It's not many games you going to win with 3 points.

Hopefully we don't see "bad" Joe again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Not the same QBs but the same problem.

This is on the coaches for NOT preparing Burrow properly. The squeelers are also gonna do the same, blitz like crazy. I hope they prepare him better next time around.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is a recency bias take. Brady has played in the league for a long time and has taken some monster shots without a problem. He does what he does to play the rules. 

For instance, here is a shot he took early in his career by a former Bengal, Nate Clements. This hit would likely be a suspension, but back then, it wasn't even a flag. He claps, grabs his helmet and goes back to the huddle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4OTH0pddv4

This is a stupid take tbh. The idea that Brady would crumble if he started his career five years earlier is laughable.

Agreed. Really bad take. Nobody that plays as long as Brady should be labeled “soft.”

Reply/Quote