Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Mock Trade
This is my pre-combine AJ trade mock. I can live with this.

Round 1 Pick 9: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford (A) I think we need pass rusher with 9

Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): Malik Hooker, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+) Cleveland flops Jimmy G deal gets desperate trades straight up

Round 2 Pick 9: Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple (A) may be the best coverage LB

Round 3 Pick 9: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A) need an upgrade from Hill

Round 4 Pick 9: Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland (B-) anyone seen Kroft? Eifert having off season surgery again

Round 4 Pick 32 (COMP): Jon Toth, C, Kentucky (B) wanted a C with one of the top 3 but I dont see Marvin taking one before 4 like the past C's

Round 4 Pick 39 (COMP): Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A-) If Zeitler goes. hope he stays so we can use this pick on another position. maybe a CB

Round 5 Pick 9: Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech (A-) speedy deep threat

Round 6 Pick 9: Justin Senior, OT, Mississippi State (C+) hope Whit stays, so same as Zeitler

Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss © Hope Billings is the real deal, even so still need depth

Round 6 Pick 36 (COMP): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (B-) I know we signed Bullock, competition wont hurt

Round 7 Pick 9: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan since we traded AJ besides its a cool name.
Reply/Quote
Well, for Cleveland, they'd get an NFL proven, playoff (almost) winning QB. Franchise QB? Meh, but is there one in this draft class? Seriously, I don't know. Since we don't need one, I don't look at QBs much. I've been looking at skills players, LBs, and DLinemen. I wouldn't mind if we took McDowell from Michigan State at 12. I doubt Hooker would be there, but I'd take him if he was. But I'd take him at 9. I think McDowell fits us better than Thomas. Nice work!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
definitely don't want 2 gingers as quarterbacks and elliott is the the best kicker in the draft
Reply/Quote
I like the draft, but doubt that Cleveland would offer that early selection. The more mocks I do and see, the more I think that the Bengals will slide, and accumulate more picks early and maybe draft a guy like Pocic....6'7" is tall for a Center, but he has the flexibility to play across the line and has played against the top tier DTs in college.

Add in a Guard like Feeney, Lamp, or Moton and a weakness immediately becomes a strength. I just don't know that a rookie safety would provide the same impact.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like the draft, but doubt that Cleveland would offer that early selection.  The more mocks I do and see, the more I think that the Bengals will slide, and accumulate more picks early and maybe draft a guy like Pocic....6'7" is tall for a Center, but he has the flexibility to play across the line and has played against the top tier DTs in college.

Add in a Guard like Feeney, Lamp, or Moton and a weakness immediately becomes a strength.  I just don't know that a rookie safety would provide the same impact.

Strong draft, that's for sure.  I can see the top 4 picks starting before the end of the year.  Most of the depth selections are solid, too.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:26 AM)seahawkscheat Wrote: definitely don't want 2 gingers as quarterbacks  and elliott is the the best kicker in the draft

LOL I was waiting for someone to notice that.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like the draft, but doubt that Cleveland would offer that early selection.  The more mocks I do and see, the more I think that the Bengals will slide, and accumulate more picks early and maybe draft a guy like Pocic....6'7" is tall for a Center, but he has the flexibility to play across the line and has played against the top tier DTs in college.

Add in a Guard like Feeney, Lamp, or Moton and a weakness immediately becomes a strength.  I just don't know that a rookie safety would provide the same impact.

I would love to get Moton. IMHO I really dont think they will take a C high, wish they would but I think PA has convinced Mikey that Bodine is not the problem.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would love to get Moton. IMHO I really dont think they will take a C high, wish they would but I think PA has convinced Mikey that Bodine is not the problem.

The alternative will be to sign Bodine to an extension, as his rookie deal is up after this year.  If nothing else, a draft pick would push him big time (and more than likely take his job) and we would be prepared for Bodine's departure.  Kind of like what we tried to do with LT, but drafted a bust. 
Reply/Quote