Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe on Pat McAfee show
Joe just said he was in the hospital for 5 or 6 days with his appendix rupture

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote: Joe just said he was in the hospital for 5 or 6 days with his appendix rupture

Pat McAfee i think announced he got a gig with College Game Day... 

congrats Pat... love the show.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote: Joe just said he was in the hospital for 5 or 6 days with his appendix rupture

When my colon ruptured due to diverticulitis, I was in for about a week on IV antibiotics, then sent home with oral antibiotics for a week prior to having a resection. Once the intestine leaks into the body, even a little, it sets up severe sepsis. Have to get the white count down.
Reply/Quote
Good interview... however a little cringe I think Pat McAfee would love to take Joe Burrow to bed one day.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Burrow also said he was hitting over 20 MPH while running.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burrow also said he was hitting over 20 MPH while running.

I know he was pre-surgery. Did he says he's back to that now?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burrow also said he was hitting over 20 MPH while running.

Yeah, this isn't that surprising to be honest. I mentioned this in another thread, but I have played flag football against D-1 athletes. They are fast obviously, but there more people out there than you think that can hit speeds like that. I played against a guy named Brandon Sheperd in one of these leagues and in a dead sprint, he couldn't pull away from me or some of the other guys. However, where he was better than almost everyone else was his acceleration and change of direction. He got to top speed so fast and he could change directions so smoothly. I never had that kind of acceleration and certainly can shift around like that. 

So, it isn't necessarily top speed that makes these guys crazy. I mean, Daniel Jones hit 20+ MPH. It is their acceleration. Burrow is an athletic guy, he's fast when he gets moving but the real difference between someone like Lamar and Burrow is that Lamar has freaky acceleration and moves around so effortlessly. Lamar would run circles around Burrow, even if their top speeds were similar. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 11:38 AM)TheFan Wrote: I know he was pre-surgery. Did he says he's back to that now?

Yeah he said he was hitting his speed marks in practice again.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 11:47 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, this isn't that surprising to be honest. I mentioned this in another thread, but I have played flag football against D-1 athletes. They are fast obviously, but there more people out there than you think that can hit speeds like that. I played against a guy named Brandon Sheperd in one of these leagues and in a dead sprint, he couldn't pull away from me or some of the other guys. However, where he was better than almost everyone else was his acceleration and change of direction. He got to top speed so fast and he could change directions so smoothly. I never had that kind of acceleration and certainly can shift around like that. 

So, it isn't necessarily top speed that makes these guys crazy. I mean, Daniel Jones hit 20+ MPH. It is their acceleration. Burrow is an athletic guy, he's fast when he gets moving but the real difference between someone like Lamar and Burrow is that Lamar has freaky acceleration and moves around so effortlessly. Lamar would run circles around Burrow, even if their top speeds were similar. 

Bingo.

Being a baseball nut (my favourite sport and the one I know the best... maybe Formula 1 more), I have always been mystified as to why more guys aren't thrown out at first base on a hard-hit groundball or line drive (especially pudgy guys of late, like the Molinas {not Yadier}, Alejandro Kirk {who all, coincidentally, played for the Jays}, Vogelbach, etc.).

Acceleration is off the chart for these professional athletes: explosion is their strong suit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote