Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe on 'blocking out the noise'
(11-02-2022, 06:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: agree with Joe 100 % and that is the mindset he should be leading by example with.

He might have added that part of that mentality was brought on by the teams play and a 0-3 start in the division.  But added they're throwing in the towel and neither should the fans.

Really like that Joe is the Bengals leader.

Yup his attitude is spot on. I just hope they can get it together, soon. Because time is quickly running out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 08:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup his attitude is spot on. I just hope they can get it together, soon. Because time is quickly running out.

KC and Pitt are basically must wins.

KC and Buffalo are probably sure losses.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 07:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: strong attribute of Joe and I also like ZT approach.. calm, believes in his players and system,, though i am frustrated with Pollack and Oline and would like to see some change during the bye, i understand letting go of Pollack probably is a bit strong during the bye, let the year play itself out..

agree

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 08:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup his attitude is spot on. I just hope they can get it together, soon. Because time is quickly running out.

At least something will be running.

[Image: th?id=OIP.IX8LA_DHiC5V-zA0DGKczAHaJQ&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: ba-dum-tss-gif-8.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They did kick the tires on some WRs prior to the deadline, but must not have liked what they saw....or the price wasn't right.

I would have definitely liked them to have taken a shot at some DBs though 

Thanks for pointing that out I had no clue. Agreed would rather have seen DBs being optioned though since we know are our #1 is gone for the year.
Reply/Quote
The only noise he should be blocking out is what comes through his helmet from Zac. Get in there with some sidecutters and snip that wire. Do it to the back up helmet too.
Reply/Quote
If you know what the noise is, you're not blocking it out very well. I'm only partially kidding. Start listening to the fans, and you'll be sitting with them soon. That clip seemed to leave out a portion of his reply that alluded to the excitement following the 2 NFC south wins. Unfortunately the team is not in the same position (healthy) as it was following those wins.

Blow the doors off the Panthers, and the mood will change, but as of this second; they ARE on a trajectory of missing the post season. The fans and local media have been around longer than Joe, and know the Bengals have a tendency to reach certain heights only to never touch them again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bengals are currently the 9th seed and they're going to have to start playing real QBs/good teams soon.

They need to go 2-0 against the Panthers and Steelers over the next 3 weeks. They can't be worse than 6-4 heading into those final 7 games which is a much tougher stretch than the first 10.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have had the same problem for a while and they have yet to show that they can overcome it. Any defense with a good pass rush and decent secondary can shut down our offense in the first half and leave us trying to play catchup. In the past catching up was at least achievable because our defense was dominant in the second half. Now that's far from certain.

The teams that they must win against to make the playoffs are exactly the type of teams that we've yet to play well against. You can include our entire division in that.

We had this same problem only worse last season going into our late season playoff run. Joe Burrow and the defense basically worked miracles to getting us to the SB. That's going to be tough to repeat now that everyone has the book on Burrow and Awuzie is out.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 07:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our opposing QBs this year so far:

Trubisky, Rush, Flacco, Dalton, Brissett, Jackson, Marietta, and Bridgewater. That's 7 backups/busts.

This was an epically easy schedule so far.

Our defense is not the cause of our losses.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bump

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 03:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Thanks for the vid Holic, makes me feel better seeing it. The Offense will have to step it up under Burrow big time with the
injuries we have had. We need to adjust with Chase out and need to score TD's a lot with so much youth at Corner now. I 
really like our rookies but damn, we need them to step it up same as our Offense. Heard Jalen Davis is going to start at CB
which I guess is the right thing to do as he has more experience.

In the end, on Offense the RB has to help out Burrow with picking up the blitz and seeing the holes that the OL provides.

We aren't getting this from Mixon so we need to adjust and use more of Perine and Evans, also need to help out the LT 
more whoever is starting, whether that be Jonah or whoever. I think we can pull out a win tomorrow if we adapt and use 
our players to their strengths better. The Browns just match up too well with us because of their trench play right now.
Reply/Quote