Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe running the show ?
(03-06-2022, 04:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This isn't a revolutionary concept Brady was running Bucs offense last year. Manning with the Colts ran a good chunk of the offense. What I find fascinating is the Packers dont trust Rogers with this. They trusted Favre to do it more even though his TO rate was significantly higher

Just so everyone understands all these QBs and coaches were on the same page.  The QBs did not get authority to "run the show" until the coaches trusted them to run it the way the coaches wanted.

This is not going to be about a QB taking over a coach's job and doing it better than him.  It is about making the offense more efficient by removing the issue of communication from the sideline between every play.  Joe will be running the show but Zac will control how he runs it.

I Remember Manning talking about how it was frustrating that the communication with the coach only went one way.  If Peyton saw something happening with the defense he could not tell the coach until he was on the sidelines.  That was one reason he loved having control to call plays on the field.  
Reply/Quote
Right now they call 2 plays. Basically Joe has 1A and 1B. 1A is what defense they expect and the call. 1B is the second expected defense. If neither play fits what Joe sees he can call his own play.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 08:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LOL, we only run 3 step drops and he has zero time to check down. This was his greatest trait, along with accuracy, in college.

There really hasn't been much time to run anything other than a three step.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 01:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wasn't sure if it was reality or just me noticing every time it happened but it felt like it happened a whole lot. It really can't help an already bad OL when the DL knows exactly when to rush. 

Just some data on this. Cincinnati was exactly 16th in percentage of snaps that occurred with 5 or less seconds left on the clock. If you drop that threshold to 3 seconds or less, Cincinnati was 24th. If you drop it to one second, Cincinnati was 10th, and if you drop it to zero, Cincinnati was 14th. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 02:44 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Perhaps it was all the drinking this year but I can't remember a time where we went no huddle outside of the two min drill.

I saw very few other teams also go no huddle, at least the ones we played. Seems strange...
Reply/Quote