Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe's contract details
(09-13-2023, 06:00 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Most blue collar folks can't even afford to go to a game. It's a white collar crowd now. I remember $8 blue seats at Riverfront to watch the Reds. What's the cheapest tickets to see the Reds & Bengals now?

In 1970 when riverfront stadium opened $8 is the equivalent of $63 today when adjusted for inflation. You can buy tickets right now for the next Red's home stand on the first base line low for under 63 dollars a seat right now. The problem is everything has adjusted for inflation except wages.
Reply/Quote
The sports bubble will never burst if it was going to it would have been right after covid if people had taken a stand and said **** this when we were allowed back in stadiums again when the prices were so high something may have changed. Instead everyone was locked up for so long and without their fix people were willing to pay over the odds to attend an event.

Look at the Saudis in football (soccer) they are throwing disgusting amounts of money at clubs for players and the wages they are paying even the premier league can’t come close to there are clauses in their contracts where the government turn a blind eye to alcohol and will do anything to raise their profile in the game.

In England prices to attend are expensive but nowhere near as bad as the states I’ve paid 1000 dollars for me and my wife to go to the colts and Vikings games in December, that 1000 dollars in England would be nearly enough for a home and away season ticket to watch my team Leeds for 46 games this season.

Speaking of Leeds we have just been taken over by the investment branch of the 49ers which feels very weird for me LOL we are the second or third biggest city in England have a massive fan base and rich history, our trouble is we have been run by charlatans for the best part of 25 years now even in the 2nd division a club of our size makes 100s of millions in revenue think of a Snyder situation at Washington and it’s basically the same.

The ticket market in the states doesn’t help either if you are caught trying to resell your tickets for profit over here you are automatically banned the clubs run their ticket operation in house, the inflated prices and fees over there are a joke and Rob the working man.

No man should be paid 279 million for playing a sport but in the world we are in and the money sport generates in a few years it’s going to seem like a bargain. Any hope of a bubble bursting is just fantasy talk I’m afraid.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 05:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mbappe just got a contract paying him $128 million per year. No one in soccer is worried about his money or the game or whatever.

How does it erode the simplicity, how does it saturate the market? That doesn't really make any sense. How is it showing in the past few years? Attendance is up, revenue is up, viewership is up. These all feel like weird personally held views backed by nothing other than your own thoughts. This was the same thing people said back when QB's got 10 million, it wasn't true then and isn't true now.

How people view content in general is changing. They aren't doing it for the sake of change the demographics of emerging markets are changing. The NFL is still the most watched thing on television period. The hall of fame game, a game that is so awful by exhibition standards, still rates higher than other leagues championship games. There is nothing showing any sort of slowdown in the NFL.

This also doesn't acknowledge that the NFL, will move international in the next decade. Their TV deal with Europe has been super cheap because they have been trying to expand interest in the game. They just signed a new 100 Million dollar per year deal to do global distribution. That deal will be come more lucrative as they eventually place a division in Europe. 

Look at it this way, a bunch of really smart people just paid 6 Billion dollars for the Commanders with full league and team financials. They didn't do so because there were "signs" of it slowing down. This thing is a rocket ship and the most lucrative investment in the world right now as everyone wants in the club and the NFL is super selective of who can get in.

Simplicity = Common Man and Saturate the Market = Future Payment of NFL Players.  Is the era gone where the common man can pay for a ticket to go see his team?  I would state yes, or at least it is getting to this point.  Future payment of NFL Players when the next Joe Burrow or Mahomes comes along and they need them to keep the League interesting will they be paying like I stated before half a Billion dollars to one individual?  The answer at this trajectory would be yes, I do not see how the common person can relate to the NFL on a financial or an emotional level since so much money is involved.  I find money usually takes a lot of authenticity away from anything perhaps... I am wrong on this assessment but it does feel the NFL is now more for upper than middle or lower fans.  Also example the Super Bowl Joe himself said it did not feel like a game. Etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 07:13 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The sports bubble will never burst if it was going to it would have been right after covid if people had taken a stand and said **** this when we were allowed back in stadiums again when the prices were so high something may have changed. Instead everyone was locked up for so long and without their fix people were willing to pay over the odds to attend an event.

Look at the Saudis in football (soccer) they are throwing disgusting amounts of money at clubs for players and the wages they are paying even the premier league can’t come close to there are clauses in their contracts where the government turn a blind eye to alcohol and will do anything to raise their profile in the game.

In England prices to attend are expensive but nowhere near as bad as the states I’ve paid 1000 dollars for me and my wife to go to the colts and Vikings games in December, that 1000 dollars in England would be nearly enough for a home and away season ticket to watch my team Leeds for 46 games this season.

Speaking of Leeds we have just been taken over by the investment branch of the 49ers which feels very weird for me LOL we are the second or third biggest city in England have a massive fan base and rich history, our trouble is we have been run by charlatans for the best part of 25 years now even in the 2nd division a club of our size makes 100s of millions in revenue think of a Snyder situation at Washington and it’s basically the same.

The ticket market in the states doesn’t help either if you are caught trying to resell your tickets for profit over here you are automatically banned the clubs run their ticket operation in house, the inflated prices and fees over there are a joke and Rob the working man.

No man should be paid 279 million for playing a sport but in the world we are in and the money sport generates in a few years it’s going to seem like a bargain. Any hope of a bubble bursting is just fantasy talk I’m afraid.

Nice post, the number of 279 Million did not sit with me well at all.  Trust me I am a huge Burrow fan and I am happy for him... but that number to me for one individual playing a sport seems at this point a high.  Nice Post.. good read.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was not happy with Super Bowl's 'corporate' and 'dinner party' atmosphere
Burrow called the feeling 'more corporate' than the other playoff games Cincinnati played in - Quote from Joe B.

I find money dilutes the genuine love of any sport and when we are talking about 279 or 500 mill in the next few years it in my view takes away some of the genuine love of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 08:43 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was not happy with Super Bowl's 'corporate' and 'dinner party' atmosphere
Burrow called the feeling 'more corporate' than the other playoff games Cincinnati played in  - Quote from Joe B.

I find money dilutes the genuine love of any sport and when we are talking about 279 or 500 mill in the next few years it in my view takes away some of the genuine love of the game.

This was obviously a big question mark about NIL in college. You could argue it's a different kind of love, but at the same time I'm a musician and do it for a living, when that happened I stopped loving it so much, so there's truth to it. 

Now... I'm also not making 279 million. I have a feeling I'd love it a little more.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
When Joe is playing like himself {the most accurate QB in the NFL} he is worth every penny. We just need the O-line playing good and the run game not looking like crap {under 4 yards per} we need close to 4.5 yards per to get where we want to go.

A thread in a few years and QB's are signing 300-million-dollar deals then Burrow will look like a bargain.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 08:43 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was not happy with Super Bowl's 'corporate' and 'dinner party' atmosphere
Burrow called the feeling 'more corporate' than the other playoff games Cincinnati played in  - Quote from Joe B.

I think the atmosphere is different also because most of the fans in attendance are just rich people who can afford the tickets and go to see and be seen, rather than a stadium full of fans of the teams that are actually playing
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the atmosphere is different also because most of the fans in attendance are just rich people who can afford the tickets and go to see and be seen, rather than a stadium full of fans of the teams that are actually playing

Hmmm, sounds like class envy. Want to live like a "rich person?" Make more money.
Reply/Quote