Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's doctor speaks
Adam Schefter had Dr Elattrache on his podcast. While he didn't talk specifically about Joe (that privacy thing) he did talk about the guys he operated on this season.

He said the knees he saw were more complex as a group than in previous years. However, he also said there wasn't one knee he opened up that he thought couldn't be repaired. He said complexity puts conditioning behind schedule because of the need for a longer time on crutches.
He anticipated every one being back on the field barring anything unusual. He did say that 9 months is the MINIMUM amount of recovery time. We can assume that any setback, minor or not, could affect this timeline

His segment starts at the 6:15 mark and runs about 15-20 minutes

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5PSDpgctwPYWHqDBP0DKkN?si=eloub3SxQC-veoowCcsbcA

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Love to hear it, man. We need some positive news right now!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrows knee likely has already totally healed.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrows knee likely has already totally healed.

I read on here somewhere he's basically Wolverine, so probably.  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 09:17 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I read on here somewhere he's basically Wolverine, so probably.  

Yes - He's actually a faster healer than wolverine.

The doctor had issues performing the surgery because everytime he cut his skin it healed right away.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrows knee likely has already totally healed.

Im convinced he doesnt even need two knees. Just put him back there Lt. Dan style and watch him work. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 09:04 PM)pally Wrote: He did say that 9 months is the MINIMUM amount of recovery time. We can assume that any setback, minor or not, could affect this timeline

I don't believe that doctor.  Truck101 informed me it will be significantly quicker than what was being projected. 8 months max?

Truck did the research, and because he had tongue surgury and it healed quicker than expected I think it's safe to assume he's able to to project out this timeline better than this dude. 
Reply/Quote
I heard a rumor that Burrow just ran an ultra marathon...in the snow 2 days after surgery. Shoeless.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 03:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I heard a rumor that Burrow just ran an ultra marathon...in the snow 2 days after surgery. Shoeless.

he has metal legs now...  it was a risky operation but worth it.
Reply/Quote
Yall know he's got a 3rd leg right? He'll be at training camp ready to go.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 04:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yall know he's got a 3rd leg right? He'll be at training camp ready to go.

Yes but keep it away from the women and children...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 09:04 PM)pally Wrote: Adam Schefter had Dr Elattrache on his podcast.  While he didn't talk specifically about Joe (that privacy thing) he did talk about the guys he operated on this season.  

He said the knees he saw were more complex as a group than in previous years.  However, he also said there wasn't one knee he opened up that he thought couldn't be repaired.  He said complexity puts conditioning behind schedule because of the need for a longer time on crutches.  
He anticipated every one being back on the field barring anything unusual.  He did say that 9 months is the MINIMUM amount of recovery time. We can assume that any setback, minor or not, could affect this timeline

His segment starts at the 6:15 mark and runs about 15-20 minutes

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5PSDpgctwPYWHqDBP0DKkN?si=eloub3SxQC-veoowCcsbcA

The good news is that he sounds optimistic. But it seems like the best case is that Joe is fully recovered and rehabbed by the end of Aug 2021. That sorta makes the opening day starter thing an iffy proposition or at least the team should plan for that.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 04:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The good news is that he sounds optimistic. But it seems like the best case is that Joe is fully recovered and rehabbed by the end of Aug 2021. That sorta makes the opening day starter thing an iffy proposition or at least the team should plan for that.

I'd make it a priority to sign Fitzy in. He always is good for 3-5 games before his play drops off. Could give us several wins while waiting on Joe if need be.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 01:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't believe that doctor.  Truck101 informed me it will be significantly quicker than what was being projected.  8 months max?

Truck did the research, and because he had tongue surgury and it healed quicker than expected I think it's safe to assume he's able to to project out this timeline better than this dude. 

Joe Flacco tore his ACL and MCL in November 2015, had surgery in December, was back for training camp August 1, 2016.  Started all 16 games and set the Ravens single season passing record that year.  That's 8 months recovery.  Not a doctor, just an example of someone with a similar injury, same position, coming back sooner than a 9 month timeframe.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:46 PM)Skans Wrote: Joe Flacco tore his ACL and MCL in November 2015, had surgery in December, was back for training camp August 1, 2016.  Started all 16 games and set the Ravens single season passing record that year.  That's 8 months recovery.  Not a doctor, just an example of someone with a similar injury, same position, coming back sooner than a 9 month timeframe.

That’s a very good example but there’s a vast difference in putting a healed Joe Flacco behind the Ravens’ perennially good offensive line and putting a healed Joe Burrow behind The Five Turnstiles of Orthopedic Doom. In fact, I do NOT want Joe Burrow back in the lineup until the offensive line is addressed; that means new coaches, personnel, and scheme.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:46 PM)Skans Wrote: Joe Flacco tore his ACL and MCL in November 2015, had surgery in December, was back for training camp August 1, 2016.  Started all 16 games and set the Ravens single season passing record that year.  That's 8 months recovery.  Not a doctor, just an example of someone with a similar injury, same position, coming back sooner than a 9 month timeframe.

8 months on planet Joe Flacco times is like 6 days in the Joe Burrow Galaxy.  Einstein proved it with a thought experiment once.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a very good example but there’s a vast difference in putting a healed Joe Flacco behind the Ravens’ perennially good offensive line and putting a healed Joe Burrow behind The Five Turnstiles of Orthopedic Doom.  In fact, I do NOT want Joe Burrow back in the lineup until the offensive line is addressed; that means new coaches, personnel, and scheme.

But what you want in reference to the line is not germaine to the conversation of Burrow's health timeline. Flacco was ready in 8 months, so it can be done.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: But what you want in reference to the line is not germaine to the conversation of Burrow's health timeline. Flacco was ready in 8 months, so it can be done.

What’s Pratt got to do with it?? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 04:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The good news is that he sounds optimistic. But it seems like the best case is that Joe is fully recovered and rehabbed by the end of Aug 2021. That sorta makes the opening day starter thing an iffy proposition or at least the team should plan for that.

Yeah. I mean, in all seriousness if you or I had surgery and that doctor performed it...he would have gave the same update. The good part to hear is he didn't get in and find a lot more damage than expected. Although, 2 torn ligaments and damage to a 3rd and meniscus injury is bad enough. I'd be interested in hearing more about how bad the meniscus is because that doesn't heal like a ligament. Once they have to take some out, it's gone. If anyone reads anything on that aspect, please share it.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 09:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 8 months on planet Joe Flacco times is like 6 days in the Joe Burrow Galaxy.  Einstein proved it with a thought experiment once.

This is basically Joe Burrow
[Image: KindheartedPeacefulCurassow-max-1mb.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote