Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's evolution vs Cover 2
Reply/Quote
Zac and Brian "Not Bill" Callahan scrapped the under center outside/wide zone stretch offense after week 5.... for the 4th year in a row. I swear if they try to implement it again in 2023 I'm gonna throw garbage on their lawns.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Zac and Brian "Not Bill" Callahan scrapped the under center outside/wide zone stretch offense after week 5.... for the 4th year in a row. I swear if they try to implement it again in 2023 I'm gonna throw garbage on their lawns.

One of these years it's got to work right?
Reply/Quote
From Ben Baby:

'During individual drills in practice, Burrow and Pitcher -- who took over as quarterbacks coach in 2020 -- talk through various scenarios.

For example, Pitcher will set up a Tampa 2 defense. While the other receivers are working in separate drills on one of the fields, Burrow is on the other, throwing passes to whoever is available, whether it be assistant equipment managers or an offensive assistant. Burrow will analyze the depth of would-be defenders and determine which situations are ideal for a checkdown.'

The Bengals are now 6th in points per drive, 5th in red zone efficiency and 9th in plays per drive.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

(01-02-2023, 03:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Ben Baby:

'During individual drills in practice, Burrow and Pitcher -- who took over as quarterbacks coach in 2020 -- talk through various scenarios.

For example, Pitcher will set up a Tampa 2 defense. While the other receivers are working in separate drills on one of the fields, Burrow is on the other, throwing passes to whoever is available, whether it be assistant equipment managers or an offensive assistant. Burrow will analyze the depth of would-be defenders and determine which situations are ideal for a checkdown.'

The Bengals are now 6th in points per drive, 5th in red zone efficiency and 9th in plays per drive.

Trending to the top. Love it Holic. Rock On

The Bills secondary is in for a treat tonight.
Reply/Quote
Their struggles against cover 2 and their ability to beat it weighs more on Burrow than anyone/anything else.

He has matured a ton this year. He is no longer relying on the big play but throwing short over the middle and checking it down when he needs too. We no longer rely on 60 yard bombs to chase in order to move the ball down field. I think after the first few weeks Joe realized this and has come a long way in such a short period of time.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 04:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Their struggles against cover 2 and their ability to beat it weighs more on Burrow than anyone else.

He has matured a ton this year. He is no longer relying on the big play but throwing short over the middle and checking it down when he needs too. We no longer rely on 60 yard bombs to chase in order to move the ball down field. I think after the first few weeks Joe realized this and has come a long way in such a short period of time.

For sure, the only thing that has me concerned is the pass deflections that can end up being interceptions. Need to limit these.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, the only thing that has me concerned is the pass deflections that can end up being interceptions. Need to limit these.

I'd love to see if that is Burrow thing or a league wide trend. 

It seems like more and more defensive lineman are deflecting more balls this year. This could just be the world that we live in going forward. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Joe has always been good, duh. But I believe he has taken a big step forward this season in football maturity, knowing what to do and when to do it. Figuring out it's ok to throw the short to medium passes. Figuring out it's ok to live for the next down, so on.

I'm pumped for tonight and pumped even more for what's further down the road, this season and beyond.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, the only thing that has me concerned is the pass deflections that can end up being interceptions. Need to limit these.

That does raise one eyebrow, pretty high. I'm not sure what the root cause is? Are defenders just getting coached up more to do it? Is Joe's delivery just more conducive to getting them batted? It's not like he's 5'10" I dunno?
Reply/Quote
Burrow has indeed taken a step forward this season, but it looks like a huge leap because he was so uncharacteristically bad early on (appendectomy + line issues).
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 04:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That does raise one eyebrow, pretty high. I'm not sure what the root cause is? Are defenders just getting coached up more to do it? Is Joe's delivery just more conducive to getting them batted? It's not like he's 5'10" I dunno?

Tempo. He has a quick drop back and release. DL are timing it and just putting their hands up because they cant get to him fast enough. 
Reply/Quote
Ove the last 6 weeks, he also has a 111.1 passer rating against the blitz.  Mellow
Reply/Quote