Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's learning

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:15 PM)pally Wrote:

He needs to work with some baseball players to get that slide down.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He needs to work with some baseball players to get that slide down.

Yeah.  That was a pretty ugly slide.  It did keep him from being hit, though.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Any chance there's a link floating around with a lot more of Joey B. mic'd up from this game?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Any chance there's a link floating around with a lot more of Joey B. mic'd up from this game?

Would love to see that as well. 

As for the slides, at least we have some good ex=tape on what not to do: http://marcusd1.blogspot.com/2014/01/andy-dalton-fumble.html
Reply/Quote
Yep he needs to polish that up a little.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That was great. Those refs were extremely nice lol I’m shocked.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 06:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That was great. Those refs were extremely nice lol I’m shocked.

Those refs were pretty cool.  If they would just start calling some PI when we're on offense and not just when we're on defense, I'd like them a lot more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Any chance there's a link floating around with a lot more of Joey B. mic'd up from this game?

there will likely be more after Inside the NFL airs tonite

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hilarious

I like our new QB, a lot. He is as cool as it gets and yeah, he will learn lol

Liked what the refs said, weird, as I usually just hate those zebras. Smirk
Reply/Quote
watch tape of Russell Wilson, he played baseball while growing up and never seems to get hit hard
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:53 PM)CincyKid Wrote: watch tape of Russell Wilson, he played baseball while growing up and never seems to get hit hard

Great suggestion and RW is a scrambler just like Burrow can be with similar athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:15 PM)pally Wrote:

I honestly cannot believe he didnt get the personal foul call when he threw the ball going to the sideline and got rocked. He was clearly going out of bounds. If it were Mahomes it would have been called 100/100 times regardless of where game is played or staff calling the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:36 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I honestly cannot believe he didnt get the personal foul call when he threw the ball going to the sideline and got rocked. He was clearly going out of bounds. If it were Mahomes it would have been called 100/100 times regardless of where game is played or staff calling the game.

Same. Definitely a personal foul on that play by Marsh. Thought the NFL protected QB's nowadays?
Reply/Quote
Even the refs love this kid lol

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 11:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same. Definitely a personal foul on that play by Marsh. Thought the NFL protected QB's nowadays?

He'll get that call, but not as a rookie. I thought it was fun that Smoot (94) was laughing at his slide right in front of him. And maybe, just maybe, since we have a QB who is well on his way to being a top QB in the league, maybe we can start getting some calls go our way.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 11:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same. Definitely a personal foul on that play by Marsh. Thought the NFL protected QB's nowadays?

They have kind of softened that stance on QBs rushing out of the pocket.  Ask Cam Newton.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He'll get that call, but not as a rookie. I thought it was fun that Smoot (94) was laughing at his slide right in front of him. And maybe, just maybe, since we have a QB who is well on his way to being a top QB in the league, maybe we can start getting some calls go our way.

Sure hope so, Burrow needs to take that into account though if the refs aren't protecting rookie QB's as much as vets.

(10-07-2020, 09:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They have kind of softened that stance on QBs rushing out of the pocket.  Ask Cam Newton.  

Cam is a little different though, he is a big sumbitch that can take hits all day long.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:36 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I honestly cannot believe he didnt get the personal foul call when he threw the ball going to the sideline and got rocked. He was clearly going out of bounds. If it were Mahomes it would have been called 100/100 times regardless of where game is played or staff calling the game.

Then get out of bounds quicker. Can't call a penalty on the assumption that he'll go out.

With this week coming up even more so, you don't want your defenders easing up before the QB is actually out of bounds. If a QB is still in bounds and still on their feet, hit them. Don't assume the play is over. That's how you'll end up with Lamar cutting it up the sideline for huge rushes/TDs when your defenders thought he was going out of bounds.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great suggestion and RW is a scrambler just like Burrow can be with similar athleticism.

just ask RW, bet he would help.
Reply/Quote