Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe vs. Justin: Don’t Be Distracted
According to the sports pundits and NFL analysts tomorrow will be the first of many Joe Burrow vs. Justin Herbert battles. That’s the current media narrative but I suggest smart Bengals fans ignore it.

I don’t care how many yards Burrow and Herbert throw for. I don’t care which quarterback throws more touchdown passes or who throws more interceptions. I don’t care about passer ratings or completion percentage.

ALL I WANT IS A WIN FOR THE BENGALS.

I don’t care how it happens.

Eye of the tiger.

Eye on the prize.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree

Just get the win.
Reply/Quote
I posted in the game prediction thread the Bengals lose by a TD with the quip that we overreact and say Herbert is better than Burrow. Thus, I agree OP. Focus on a team game and a win.
Reply/Quote
Let’s just hope Burrow doesn’t get caught up in the hype and by doing so goes back to forcing long balls to Chase.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 07:04 PM)Whacked Wrote: Let’s just hope Burrow doesn’t get caught up in the hype and by doing so goes back to forcing long balls to Chase.

+1. Exactly! Forget about being “better” than Justin Herbert and just win the game.

Speaking of Ja’Marr Chase I was there last week when the Bengals destroyed the Steelers and he impressed me deeply. Ja’Marr only caught a few passes but he provided outstanding downfield blocking for Joe Mixon and every time after Mixon broke off a long run he was jumping up and down and clapping. Ja’Marr just wants to win whether he’s catching ten passes or none; I admire such team-first unselfishness.
Reply/Quote
If the Chargers continue to do what they have all season and go 2 high and a light box with their UDFA interior defensive line I'm betting on a Joe Mixon show.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 07:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: +1. Exactly! Forget about being “better” than Justin Herbert and just win the game.

Speaking of Ja’Marr Chase I was there last week when the Bengals destroyed the Steelers and he impressed me deeply. Ja’Marr only caught a few passes but he provided outstanding downfield blocking for Joe Mixon and every time after Mixon broke off a long run he was jumping up and down and clapping. Ja’Marr just wants to win whether he’s catching ten passes or none; I admire such team-first unselfishness.

Love it. A team full of me-first diva’s is a recipe for disaster.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 09:44 PM)Whacked Wrote: Love it. A team full of me-first diva’s is a recipe for disaster.

*cough*Cleveland*cough*
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 04:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: According to the sports pundits and NFL analysts tomorrow will be the first of many Joe Burrow vs. Justin Herbert battles.  That’s the current media narrative but I suggest smart Bengals fans ignore it.

I don’t care how many yards Burrow and Herbert throw for.  I don’t care which quarterback throws more touchdown passes or who throws more interceptions.  I don’t care about passer ratings or completion percentage.

Eye of the tiger.  

Eye on the prize.

I was thinking of this todat. I look back at the Palmer and Peyton Manning early games where Peyton beat us and of course went on the greatness. Palmer got hurt and would never again be elite.

I want a win, it is not just QB against QB, it is team against team, coaches against coaches. But hopefully they both go on to stellar carriers. Brady, Manning and Brees proved more than 1 great QB can be in the league at the same time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Chargers are dead last in the league against the run. As long as Hopkins and Reiff are playing, expect a heavy run game from Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
It's not a must win, but it would be a HUGE win.

Get R Done

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 10:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chargers are dead last in the league against the run. As long as Hopkins and Reiff are playing, expect a heavy run game from Cincinnati

Oh yes. I want the Chargers to get a heavy dose of Joe Mixon today; I even want Justin Herbert to throw way more passes than Joe Burrow because it means the Chargers are way behind.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 04:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: According to the sports pundits and NFL analysts tomorrow will be the first of many Joe Burrow vs. Justin Herbert battles.  That’s the current media narrative but I suggest smart Bengals fans ignore it.

I don’t care how many yards Burrow and Herbert throw for.  I don’t care which quarterback throws more touchdown passes or who throws more interceptions.  I don’t care about passer ratings or completion percentage.

Eye of the tiger.  

Eye on the prize.

I'm pretty sure Joe knows it isn't about him, but the wins.  He will take what the defense gives and this offense is so diverse that the game plan can be very different from one week to the next.  I have a feeling this one will be very close.  He needs to avoid that one duck that leads to a Derwin James INT, and I think they pull it out. 
Reply/Quote
I don’t want Burrow to be over 30 passes. Mixon and Perine need to eat today. I would love a 22-25 pass attempt game with 150+ rush yards.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Gonna be more like Austin vs Joe. Bengals have had trouble defending rbs catching passes in the flat, and Eckeler is really good at that aspect of the game. Mixon is is Mixon and should run over the Chargers. He has to with the two OL out. Gashing LA on the ground is the best way to make sure Burrow doesn't get pounded be their DEs.
Reply/Quote