Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joel Klatt on Burrow: 'He's Joe Montana'
(01-16-2020, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir, made Cowturd look like the Idgit he is.

Klatt knew his stuff big time and he used to like Lawrence better at one time, so no bias by him.

I liked Lawrence better than Burrow for sure last year too. You cannot argue with what we saw this last season though.

Unarguably the best season by any QB in college of all time. Burrow it up and send in the card now.

Yep. On the whole “Lawrence is only 19” thing it’s like ok...let’s revisit this in 3-4 years, but RIGHT NOW Burrow is the better QB. Period.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:15 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: If anything we need to start comparing him to Greg Cook- the blonde-haired football god from southern Ohio whose destiny is to take the Bengals to the promised land.  Hopefully this version has a happier ending

I absolutely believe this is our best chance at a true game changing QB since Greg Cook.

(01-16-2020, 10:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. On the whole “Lawrence is only 19” thing it’s like ok...let’s revisit this in 3-4 years, but RIGHT NOW Burrow is the better QB. Period.

Yes and it's not even close. Who knows what Lawrence ends up being ? Who knows what Burrow ends up being, for that matter. But right now Burrow is just plain better.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. On the whole “Lawrence is only 19” thing it’s like ok...let’s revisit this in 3-4 years, but RIGHT NOW Burrow is the better QB. Period.

(01-16-2020, 11:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I absolutely believe this is our best chance at a true game changing QB since Greg Cook.

Yes and it's not even close. Who knows what Lawrence ends up being ? Who knows what Burrow ends up being, for that matter. But right now Burrow is just plain better.

Without question. Just awesome we got the first pick and can shore this thing up in one pick.

Need to give Joe some love and bring him in some good Lineman and keep weapons around him.

That is all. Should be a very exciting year unlike last year's sad showing, hopefully Zac improves under HIS team.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had to stop watching, early on I might add, when Cowherd knocked Ohio State for scheduling Cincinnati.

His quote, paraphrased: "You know why Ohio State fans, that Clemson got seeded higher than you? Because they got on the phone and scheduled Texas. You scheduled Cincinnati. "

Well, guess what?

2019 Final Rankings

Cincinnati - 21 AP, 21 Coaches
Texas - 25 AP, NR Coaches

This m'fer spews more bs and misinformation than anyone. He consistantly just spits out verbal diarhea based only on his perception. I can't stand this guy.  Rant

PS UC was ranked last season as well and returned almost everyone. It's not like this season was unexpected or they were Little Sisters of the Poor going into that game. Not to mention that game has been part of a much bigger picture scheduling wise. It's been in the works for years, pushed back, rescheduled and has ties to the home and home agreement just played in basketball. It wasn't a one-off and UC is HUGE step-up from what some of these other big schools schedule.

I agree, and uh...hate to let facts get in the way, but Clemson wasn't seeded higher than OSU.  It was LSU #1, OSU #2, Clemson #3, Oklahoma #4.

And Clemson didn't schedule DICK this year, so Cowherd can keep his dumbass opinions (and failing ratings...I mean, getting your arse handed to you by Dan LeBatard?) to himself.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree, and uh...hate to let facts get in the way, but Clemson wasn't seeded higher than OSU.  It was LSU #1, OSU #2, Clemson #3, Oklahoma #4.

And Clemson didn't schedule DICK this year, so Cowherd can keep his dumbass opinions (and failing ratings...I mean, getting your arse handed to you by Dan LeBatard?) to himself.  

All true, Cowturd is a joke. That aside I could stand this show cause Joel just made point after point emphasizing why Burrow is 
better than Lawrence at this moment. Joe Montana is a very accurate comparison the more I think about it cause he could escape
the pocket like Burrow can unlike Peyton and TB and both Joe's are extremely cool in and out of the pocket.
Reply/Quote

I agree the 5th year senior Burrow is better now, but to discard Lawrence's 19 year old age seems dumb to me. One QB is matured as an athlete and one has room to grow.

Lawrence is a winner, a tough guy playing QB who will do anything to win, he already has proven that in 2 years of college.

Again, why do we have fans knock others to make their choice look better? I think Lawrence too will be a very good NFL QB, being great is not exclusive to one QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree the 5th year senior Burrow is better now, but to discard Lawrence's 19 year old age seems dumb to me. One QB is matured as an athlete and one has room to grow.

Lawrence is a winner, a tough guy playing QB who will do anything to win, he already has proven that in 2 years of college.

Again, why do we have fans knock others to make their choice look better? I think Lawrence too will be a very good NFL QB, being great is not exclusive to one QB.

Nobody is knocking anybody. We are comparing the 2 QB's the same way Joel and Cowturd were doing.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had to stop watching, early on I might add, when Cowherd knocked Ohio State for scheduling Cincinnati.

His quote, paraphrased: "You know why Ohio State fans, that Clemson got seeded higher than you? Because they got on the phone and scheduled Texas. You scheduled Cincinnati. "

Well, guess what?

2019 Final Rankings

This m'fer spews more bs and misinformation than anyone. He consistantly just spits out verbal diarhea based only on his perception. I can't stand this guy.  Rant

PS UC was ranked last season as well and returned almost everyone. It's not like this season was unexpected or they were Little Sisters of the Poor going into that game. Not to mention that game has been part of a much bigger picture scheduling wise. It's been in the works for years, pushed back, rescheduled and has ties to the home and home agreement just played in basketball. It wasn't a one-off and UC is HUGE step-up from what some of these other big schools schedule.

Cowherd is as bad as SAS, yet people rip on SAS all the time. I agree. These guys make millions for just spewing their opinion on some news that occurred. It's how sports news is consumed, it is not how political news should be consumed. They're living the dream, talking about sports, and getting 250K a month in paychecks.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Cowherd is as bad as SAS, yet people rip on SAS all the time. I agree. These guys make millions for just spewing their opinion on some news that occurred. It's how sports news is consumed, it is not how political news should be consumed. They're living the dream, talking about sports, and getting 250K a month in paychecks.

Yea Cowherd is getting so much love in this thread... Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree the 5th year senior Burrow is better now, but to discard Lawrence's 19 year old age seems dumb to me. One QB is matured as an athlete and one has room to grow.

Maybe because all we heard all season was how we sucked a year too early and Lawrence is the real prize??

Guess what? Joe Burrow handed Trevor Lawrence the first loss of his college career.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had to stop watching, early on I might add, when Cowherd knocked Ohio State for scheduling Cincinnati.

Well, guess what?

2019 Final Rankings

This m'fer spews more bs and misinformation than anyone. He consistantly just spits out verbal diarhea based only on his perception. I can't stand this guy. Rant

Who cares about OSU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 08:56 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Who cares about OSU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Life is better when you don't follow college football.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
First, Lawrence will be an outstanding QB if he stays healthy and continues the path of his current progression. Lawrence and Burrow are different style of QBs. Lawrence will be a stud, however, and will battle Burrow for years to come.

Burrow is not a one year wonder, he has had two very good years playing against the best defenses in college. The one thing that separates Burrow from his peers is the touch he has on all of his passes. Short-intermediate-deep passes are all catchable. He has a quick release and his ball placement is elite.

After reading some of the threads on this forum I have reached the conclusion that Burrow could lead the Bengals to 2 straight super-bowls and some fans will still want to trade him. Some fans cannot accept the gift the Bengals were given this off season.

It is not that difficult. Draft OL this season and give Burrow some weapons, then fix the defense next two seasons. "Cool Joe" is coming to the Bengals and the rest of the jealous fans and biased media pundits can suck it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 02:35 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: First, Lawrence will be an outstanding QB if he stays healthy and continues the path of his current progression.  Lawrence and Burrow are different style of QBs.  Lawrence will be a stud, however, and will battle Burrow for years to come.

Burrow is not a one year wonder, he has had two very good years playing against the best defenses in college.  The one thing that separates Burrow from his peers is the touch he has on all of his passes.  Short-intermediate-deep passes are all catchable.  He has a quick release and his ball placement is elite.  

After reading some of the threads on this forum I have reached the conclusion that Burrow could lead the Bengals to 2 straight super-bowls and some fans will still want to trade him.  Some fans cannot accept the gift the Bengals were given this off season.

It is not that difficult.  Draft OL this season and give Burrow some weapons, then fix the defense next two seasons.  "Cool Joe"  is coming to the Bengals and the rest of the jealous fans and biased media pundits can suck it.

That is what I am talkin about Psych. Cool
Reply/Quote