Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joey B - Making REAL progress
Lifting and gripping a significant amount of weight with that right hand/wrist. We are so back, baby.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lifting and gripping a significant amount of weight with that right hand/wrist. We are so back, baby.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Both of the shots of burrow have him holding the weights with a neutral grip, which requires much less strength and puts less stress on the wrist. It’s good to see him doing weight bearing exercises, but he might still have a long way to go. This is from a place of experience with a similar wrist injury.

For example, hammer curls cause me no pain in my wrist. Bicep curls will cause flare up’s. Neutral grip pull-ups I’ll bang out 8-12 reps for 4-5 sets? No problem. Pull up grip, will cause flare up And pain.

This is stemming from an injury from Jan 2023, that almost required surgery (cast for 6 weeks, rehab, etc). Now burrow is also a (superior, much, whatever) better athlete, better genes and better rehab, so he could (and should) be much further ahead.

Keep up the progress.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you leery about using this to celebrate the progress with the wrist, celebrate the progress of the calf.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you leery about using this to celebrate the progress with the wrist, celebrate the progress of the calf.

Seeing him running sprints is very encouraging.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you leery about using this to celebrate the progress with the wrist, celebrate the progress of the calf.

True that!!
Reply/Quote

just praying for a drama free start of season with JB at this stage
Reply/Quote

I'd REALLY hope the calf stuff is 100% behind us by now. *knock on wood* 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing him running sprints is very encouraging.

Unless I am missing it, I don't see JB sprinting here. The other guy in black top/gray bottoms is Drew Sample. Look at the shoes. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:02 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Unless I am missing it, I don't see JB sprinting here. The other guy in black top/gray bottoms is Drew Sample. Look at the shoes. 

Good catch. Yeah, lunges aren't much of a measure of calf health, as calves are essentially fast-twitch muscle fibers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good catch. Yeah, lunges aren't much of a measure of calf health, as calves are essentially fast-twitch muscle fibers.

Yeah, JB does do some weighted box jumps, though. Probably a pretty good indicator that his calf is looking good. 
Reply/Quote
I still wouldn’t mind if Browning played the opener just to give Burrow an extra week

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I still wouldn’t mind if Browning played the opener just to give Burrow an extra week

lol, we are over 5 months out. We have no clue where joe will be by then.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:30 AM)kalibengal Wrote: just praying for a drama free start of season with JB at this stage

Me too

It's time for us to get a break
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I still wouldn’t mind if Browning played the opener just to give Burrow an extra week

Browning looked decent last year, BUT the starters need to get at least 1 series in before the season starts. No more zero wins for the first several weeks.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:30 AM)kalibengal Wrote: just praying for a drama free start of season with JB at this stage

Same here Kali, but hey, this makes us all feel better. Nice thread Weezy and thanks for the vid. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 02:05 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Browning looked decent last year, BUT the starters need to get at least 1 series in before the season starts. No more zero wins for the first several weeks.

Truth, time to start out fast for once under Zac Tayor, it has been terrible since he has been here the first several weeks.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lifting and gripping a significant amount of weight with that right hand/wrist. We are so back, baby.

Happy yes, but long way from saying "We are back", I will say we are back when I see him under center 1st day of camp leading the 1st offense
Reply/Quote
By then it may be something else.

We’d know something once we see him throw in May/June and see if he has lost any zip or accuracy. That’ll calm some nerves.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
James Rapien reporting this morning that Joe Burrow is throwing regularly.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/joe-burrow-throwing-regularly-after-undergoing-wrist-surgery-november
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I still wouldn’t mind if Browning played the opener just to give Burrow an extra week

An extra week to do what? Why not give him an extra 2 weeks then? What's the connection to the extra 7 days of rest? People just say anything!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote