Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Joey B vs Andy vibe
Ok, so I have to say I have not felt this way since the Boomer Esiason Era but it definitely is a diff vibe with Burrow vs when Andy D was at the helm and making playoff runs. Im getting that Boomer Esiason era feeling and it feels good knowing we now have a true leader and great player at the helm now. Not saying Dalton was a bad leader, but he did not have the IT factor we all talk about with JB.
This of course could all get tossed in the gutter after the KC game but for now... YEA thats a great place to be in my mind!
Reply/Quote
This won’t end well…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This won’t end well…

as the late George Michael once said "you gotta have faith!"  
Reply/Quote
Well if we are getting into troublesome territory, I'll just admit I haven't felt this confident this team had turned the corner to championship caliber since the day of the 2005 playoff game vs the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: as the late George Michael once said "you gotta have faith!"  

Ok then, I have faith that this will not end well.

[Image: raw]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: as the late George Michael once said "you gotta have faith!"  

I meant your thread. The Dalton Gang are a fearsome bunch!

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I meant your thread. The Dalton Gang are a fearsome bunch!

They even still around? I liked Dalton as much as anybody, and thought he took a bit too much shit, but he's been gone for like 800 days... I've let go.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I meant your thread. The Dalton Gang are a fearsome bunch!

(12-27-2021, 05:14 PM)jason Wrote: They even still around? I liked Dalton as much as anybody, and thought he took a bit too much shit, but he's been gone for like 800 days... I've let go.

Ehh.  I was a good Dalton guy. 

I'm not going to dunk on him or support others doing so.  He was a good guy and lead the team to 5 straight playoff appearances.  I'm not oblivious to his shortcomings but why dwell on them now?  He's gone.  Wish him luck or don't, your business.

If he was a malcontent or was otherwise not a quality person it would be different.

Anyways; people are entitled to their opinion but you can opine about how awesome Burrow is and how bright the future looks without dropping a deuce on Dalton. 

I agree with you Jason, people need to move on; love Dalton or hate him.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:14 PM)jason Wrote: They even still around? I liked Dalton as much as anybody, and thought he took a bit too much shit, but he's been gone for like 800 days... I've let go.

Guys like Kalibengal starting this thread obviously can't let it go.

But I will add this.  Over his first two seasons Burrow has one 4th quarter comeback win and two 4th quarter game winning drives.  Over Dalton's first two seasons he had 4 each.

Fans make up stuff in their head and see what they want to see.  So far Burrow has not done anything that would support the claim that he is a "great leader".  Not saying there is anything wrong with Burrow's leadership ability.  Just saying all these people claiming he is a "great leader" just feel that way with nothing really to support it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Guys like Kalibengal starting this thread obviously can't let it go.

But I will add this.  Over his first two seasons Burrow has one 4th quarter comeback win and two 4th quarter game winning drives.  Over Dalton's first two seasons he had 4 each.

Fans make up stuff in their head and see what they want to see.  So far Burrow has not done anything that would support the claim that he is a "great leader".  Not saying there is anything wrong with Burrow's leadership ability.  Just saying all these people claiming he is a "great leader" just feel that way with nothing really to support it.

He was named a team captain as a rookie when a bunch of people including you said that wouldn’t happen.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:33 PM)motoarch Wrote: Ehh.  I was a good Dalton guy. 

I'm not going to dunk on him or support others doing so.  He was a good guy and lead the team to 5 straight playoff appearances.  I'm not oblivious to his shortcomings but why dwell on them now?  He's gone.  Wish him luck or don't, your business.

If he was a malcontent or was otherwise not a quality person it would be different.

Anyways; people are entitled to their opinion but you can opine about how awesome Burrow is and how bright the future looks without dropping a deuce on Dalton. 

I agree with you Jason, people need to move on; love Dalton or hate him.

Dalton was a better QB than even most Bengals fans seem to think. That said, there is definitely something about Burrow that just makes me feel he's an elite QB in the making. Call it the "It factor" or what have you, I just think Burrow has the potential to have a HOF career.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  Just saying all these people claiming he is a "great leader" just feel that way with nothing really to support it.

Well...there is, actually. Most importantly, what all his coaches and teammates say about him. You know, the guys you usually are more inclined to listen to over fans?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Guys like Kalibengal starting this thread obviously can't let it go.

I guess all the pundits that say it too, that are former NFL players are all wrong too.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dalton was a better QB than even most Bengals fans seem to think. That said, there is definitely something about Burrow that just makes me feel he's an elite QB in the making. Call it the "It factor" or what have you, I just think Burrow has the potential to have a HOF career.

Well said, Dalton was pretty darn good but he had zero swagger. He didn't seem like he was going to motivate anybody.  Joe is a better QB in general and is a natural born leader who shows it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well...there is, actually. Most importantly, what all his coaches and teammates say about him. You know, the guys you usually are more inclined to listen to over fans?

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
Burrow has the pedigree and college hype that amplifies his "it" factor for not just fans of our team but others.

I don't put the cart before the horse in terms of what he'll do here.

Yet I do believe if the FO of this team can assemble a great O-line for the seasons to come that the sky is the limit.

Dalton was a decent QB but nothing spectacular.

I never understood the hate for the guy.

Especially when our other stars/coaches seemed to have crapped the bed come playoff time as well.

To each his own.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

4th quarter comebacks aren’t always what they seem. You have to be down to have a 4th quarter comeback. Andy’s first season they won 9 games and he needed 4 comebacks to get there. Burrow got to 9 wins and only needed one.

I see your 4th quarter comebacks over 2 seasons, and raise you this…

Dalton has 4, 40 points games in 9 seasons with the Bengals.
Burrow has 3 in less than 2 full seasons.

You can pick it a part however you want, but I’d rather a QB put up the points early and of then then coming back on the last drive.

PS- I was and am a huge AD fan and supporter. Not bashing Andy, but you can’t objectively look at the two QBs and think Andy was better.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is a lot better than Dalton ever was but I still contend that the problem with the 11-15 squads wasn't Dalton either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Burrow has the pedigree and college hype that amplifies his "it" factor for not just fans of our team but others.

I don't put the cart before the horse in terms of what he'll do here.

Yet I do believe if the FO of this team can assemble a great O-line for the seasons to come that the sky is the limit.

Dalton was a decent QB but nothing spectacular.

I never understood the hate for the guy.  

Especially when our other stars/coaches seemed to have crapped the bed come playoff time as well.

To each his own.

For some reason everyone likes to forget stuff like how in 4 of our 5 playoff losses the defense suddenly completely forgot how to stop the run. Or how in one of those games we were so depleted we started REX BURKHEAD as the #1 WR (until he went out too). Stuff happens. 

Also, it is all in the past. Burrow is the QB and leader NOW; let's see what he can do NOW. Burrow can easily be the best QB in the league - there is no need to tear down Andy to elevate him. BOTH can be good. 
Reply/Quote
Line has been playing well enough for Burrow to be mostly elite. Elite QB's shouldn't need a elite line. And then we are stacked at the skill position. Next 2 games will tell us a lot.

Reply/Quote