Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Joey B vs Andy vibe
(01-05-2022, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  The Chargers game was the most complete shit the bed experience I have ever seen on a football field. That's on Marvin and his coaching staff.

Actually we outgained the Chargers by well over 100 yards but turned the ball over 4 times (including once inside the 5) to zero for the Chargers.

that is the last type of loss you can blame on the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 06:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't know why people act like prime-time/playoff struggles were a Dalton exclusive.

Marvin Lewis was 9-31 in prime-time (.225)

He was 6-19 (.240) with Dalton.
He was 3-12 (.200) with other QBs (mostly Palmer)

No one says Palmer caused us to lose in PT. Just Andy, even though Dalton was actually slightly better in PT than everyone else who played under Marv.

Marv was 0-7 in the playoffs.
He was 0-4 with Dalton.
He was 0-3 with other QBs.

24-40-197-1-2 (60.1 rating)
18-36-146-1-1 (58.3 rating)
23-41-212-1-1 (68.3 rating)

If I didn't tell anyone, most people would think these were Dalton playoff games. So why do people pin blame on Dalton for not doing what nobody else was able to do? Is it because he had more cracks at it?

It just doesn't make sense. Every speck of evidence points squarely at Marvin Lewis being the problem. Dalton just dealt with it longer than the others.
To me it does not matter when the time of game was , overall Dalton was solid and very good in 4th quarters in regular  season. Getting to 5 playoffs in a row really show that, sadly do to more than just Dalton we did not perform well.  This team right now is as healthy with skilled players on. Offense since 2006 team and with Burrow playing at a high level plus a solid defense this might be the best chance of finally winning in playoffs.  We will be favored which will be a change, I think we were only favored against Chargers in the 5 year run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote