Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joey B vs the Ravens this year
(01-12-2023, 01:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That was over a year ago at this point. We should be looking at the most recent samples when evaluating how a player matches up with certain teams. A lot has changed since then. 

Yeah...but that game had Lamar as the Ravens QB, too.  Not so this Sunday.  So yeah, lots has changed.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:36 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: And then, there was this....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/inside-joe-burrows-legendary-525-yard-performance-vs-ravens-bengals-qb-has-fourth-most-yards-in-nfl-history/

Point being, you can take any snapshot from any game(s) and portray the matchup any way you want.

Personally?  I trust this team with Burrow at QB against ANY team in the league.  This one has all the pundits siding with the Bengals.  What they say doesn't really matter to me.  But, there's a reason they're picking the Bengals.

And, I don't care if Lamar is playing or not. I'll still take our guys.  Besides, Harbaugh is a sphincter.

Neither of their All-Pro CBs played that game.

I still fully expect Burrow to be better than the 2 games against them this year, but pretending that playing against 2 All-Pro CBs is the same as when he played against PS and scrub CBs is a bit silly. Either way, time to stomp the shit out of the Ravens and then start preparing for Buffalo.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 01:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Neither of their All-Pro CBs played that game.

I still fully expect Burrow to be better than the 2 games against them this year, but pretending that playing against 2 All-Pro CBs is the same as when he played against PS and scrub CBs is a bit silly. Either way, time to stomp the shit out of the Ravens and then start preparing for Buffalo.

But then again if Anthony Brown is giving extra possessions to Burrow and constantly not getting 1st downs to enter their red zone, idc who you got at corner. You can have Jalen Ramsey and Darrell Revis and Burrow is still gonna bust your ass. Brown is simply not good enough to beat us unless some wild crap happens
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 01:19 PM)Housh Wrote: But then again if Anthony Brown is giving extra possessions to Burrow and constantly not getting 1st downs to enter their red zone, idc who you got at corner. You can have Jalen Ramsey and Darrell Revis and Burrow is still gonna bust your ass. Brown is simply not good enough to beat us unless some wild crap happens

Fair (and true) enough. Lol

As I said, I fully expect Burrow to do better than either of those two games and for the Bengals to win handily.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We should win by double digits without Lamar,, this is what should help our offense is the lack of production by Ravens offense.. I do think the Ravens will continue to hold us down some on offense, i don;t expect a monster game from burrow but 250 to 300 with a couple scores will do just fine
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 04:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We should win by double digits without Lamar,, this is what should help our offense is the lack of production by Ravens offense.. I do think the Ravens will continue to hold us down some on offense, i don;t expect a monster game from burrow but 250 to 300 with a couple scores will do just fine

At the very least I don't expect Joe Brrr to miss 2 wide open easy TD passes....
Reply/Quote
It’s gonna be an ugly game like the titans divisional game last postseason

The run game is gonna get shut down due to the Ravens run d, and cincy missing their 2 best run blocking linemen

Burrow will play ok. I see 2 interceptions and 2 touchdowns from him

Defense and and special teams will win the game
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'm a little worried. I think the Bengals win but I think the Ravens have a decent shot to win. Dobbins worries me. He's been playing well and he got a week of rest to be ready for this game. I think the defense will play well but I see them giving up more points than last week. As far as our offense I think we will be better than last week as long as the new pieces on the oline play well together. I've seen it mentioned a couple places but I think we were running some concepts against the Ravens that we were running earlier in the year. I think we will have some wrinkles that we didn't want to show last week.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 06:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I'm a little worried. I think the Bengals win but I think the Ravens have a decent shot to win. Dobbins worries me. He's been playing well and he got a week of rest to be ready for this game. I think the defense will play well but I see them giving up more points than last week. As far as our offense I think we will be better than last week as long as the new pieces on the oline play well together. I've seen it mentioned a couple places but I think we were running some concepts against the Ravens that we were running earlier in the year. I think we will have some wrinkles that we didn't want to show last week.

You can bet on that. We were playing that game like a preseason game. Getting the win was all we wanted to show.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You can bet on that. We were playing that game like a preseason game. Getting the win was all we wanted to show.

It was about they could do.  The Ratbirds had nothing to lose last week.  They could rest players, play dirty with backups, whatever they wanted.  The Bengals were the team with something on the line thanks to the league nonsense, so they had to play starters and win, but hold back as/where possible.  

It's really still ridiculous they were put in the spot they were with coin flip crap, but I think it helped shake some cobwebs and get them ready to play this week after all the drama of that MNF game.  

Really curious to see how they plan and execute this Sunday.  It could be a tight game (I'd expect it given the division nature, and the rest Bal got), or the Bengals could blow it open like they've done at some points in the past.  Definitely no gimme game, but I'm confident. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 08:10 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It was about they could do.  The Ratbirds had nothing to lose last week.  They could rest players, play dirty with backups, whatever they wanted.  The Bengals were the team with something on the line thanks to the league nonsense, so they had to play starters and win, but hold back as/where possible.  

It's really still ridiculous they were put in the spot they were with coin flip crap, but I think it helped shake some cobwebs and get them ready to play this week after all the drama of that MNF game.  

Really curious to see how they plan and execute this Sunday.  It could be a tight game (I'd expect it given the division nature, and the rest Bal got), or the Bengals could blow it open like they've done at some points in the past.  Definitely no gimme game, but I'm confident. 

Completely agree with everything as usual MHG. The Rats had a free for all to hurt us and we DID lose our best OL, so good for 
those cheating bastids same as what the stealers have always done. I just don't want my team to play like that. We are healthy
besides Cappa and thankfully I believe we have a more than capable guy in Scharping to step in and hopefully do well or at the 
very least, not hurt us enough to cost us a game that might be tight.

All I know is the Ratbirds want it to be tight and we don't in this one. No resting our starters this time around or players being off
in their games like the last one and there will be no vanilla. 

It's a Free For All in this one for both teams and I am with you and am very confident in our guys executing to perfection.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 02:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Make no mistake, the Ravens defense is elite once they added R. Smith at LB.

I do hope Tee is ready and 100%, he struggled last week and did not play in the first game played against the Ravens.

I do believe Irwin has stepped up and we may need him to step up again if Tee is hurt.

Hurst had a great game first time we played, not so great second game (Smith).

I read something about the Ravens coverage schemes, they had 3 DB's on chase side and 2 DB's on Higgins side. It sounded as if the place to attack was down the middle of the field. We may see more of Chase in the slot if Tee is healthy.

The key in my opinion will be turnovers, we can't afford to lose the turnover battle. I have faith in Joe to hit  a few throws he missed last week. I have faith in Chase and Tee to not drop balls this week as well.

They are taking away the big plays and forcing Joe to dink n dunk his way down field.
This will almost always result in a pedestrian look from your QB. What you want from this is, high completion percentage and dominate TOP.

Get Boyd, RB's and Hurst involved over the middle and just keep moving downfield and protect that ball.
Which is boring, but Baltimore's best chance to win is with their Defense on the field, not their Offense.
Reply/Quote
Time to get another monkey off his back.

Reply/Quote