Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Porter should have been flagged
Hi guys,

I'm not a Bengals fan but I just wanted to say that I think the criticism of your team is overblown. I blame the refs for the way they handled the Shazier hit. It was clear that was the point that everything spun out of control. Shazier should have been flagged.

Also, even though Burfict's hit on Brown may have cost you the game, he also kept you guys in it. That INT was amazing and Hill should have held onto the ball.

The media is being very biased. Between Shazier dancing when Bernard was on the ground, Munchak grabbing a player's hair, and Porter deliberately walking onto the field to antagonize your players, I think it's safe to say the Steelers deserve just as much blame. Actually, they deserve more because the coaches were involved. Joey Porter violated the NFL rulebook by going onto the field and if he had been appropriately flagged, Jones' penalty would have been nullified and maybe the outcome of the game changes.

I'm just sorry for the way everything turned out.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:28 PM)rjones Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm not a Bengals fan but I just wanted to say that I think the criticism of your team is overblown. I blame the refs for the way they handled the Shazier hit. It was clear that was the point that everything spun out of control. Shazier should have been flagged.

Also, even though Burfict's hit on Brown may have cost you the game, he also kept you guys in it. That INT was amazing and Hill should have held onto the ball.

The media is being very biased. Between Shazier dancing when Bernard was on the ground, Munchak grabbing a player's hair, and Porter deliberately walking onto the field to antagonize your players, I think it's safe to say the Steelers deserve just as much blame. Actually, they deserve more because the coaches were involved. Joey Porter violated the NFL rulebook by going onto the field and if he had been appropriately flagged, Jones' penalty would have been nullified and maybe the outcome of the game changes.

Really appreciate it and thanks for the positive comments. I agree with everything you pointed out 100%
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Really appreciate it and thanks for the positive comments. I agree with everything you pointed out 100%

No problem. I'm sure you guys will be back in it next season.
Reply/Quote

IDK who you are a fan of but I'm glad you see things how they are. The Steelers were out of control and we retaliated... Oh well.
Reply/Quote

You are spot on about the  Shazier hit.  The Bengals were very controlled throughout the game and aware of their behavior.  But when that hit on Gio did not draw a flag everything exploded.  At the time the score was 15-0 and I think the Bengals realized that this game was not being officiated evenly.  I know as a fan I exploded and didn't care if we won or lost at that point.  I just wanted revenge.  I can only imagine what the players were feeling.
Reply/Quote