Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joey Porter
(01-10-2016, 06:55 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: So we get penalized on the play that results in a Porter fine.  That makes it better.  Not.

Someone should sue the NFL for mental cruelty.

And the Steelers benefit from their calculated move. Using a coach on the playing field to cheat.

So Goedell basically charged the Steelers a little bit of money in the form of a fine for an extra 15 yards to make the game winning kick in the NFL Playoffs.  Porter is fined but not penalized which is what actually matters. Oups we did it again sorry. Benefitted the same team again sorry. If you don't penalize a team for cheating they will never stop. They will pay your meaningless fines all day long. Let us buy some yards we got money.

They should lose draft picks for cheating in the playoffs but they are the Steelers.

That is the NFL. That is Goedell. There is no integrity in the NFL. (Thats my opinion and it appears that way to me.)
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:34 PM)tigerseye Wrote: And the Steelers benefit from their calculated move. Using a coach on the playing field to cheat.

So Goedell basically charged the Steelers a little bit of money in the form of a fine for an extra 15 yards to make the game winning kick in the NFL Playoffs.  Porter is fined but not penalized which is what actually matters. Oups we did it again sorry. Benefitted the same team again sorry. If you don't penalize a team for cheating they will never stop. They will pay your meaningless fines all day long. Let us buy some yards we got money.

They should lose draft picks for cheating in the playoffs but they are the Steelers.

That is the NFL. That is Goedell. There is no integrity in the NFL. (Thats my opinion and it appears that way to me.)

I was arguing with a Steeler fan earlier.  I pointed out how they always seem to get away with bs that leads to favorable outcomes for them.  

His response was that the Steelers are the most fined team in the league and that I didn't know what I was talking about.  I have no idea if what he said has any truth to it or not.

Point is, who give a rip about fines?  Do the players?  Tez got rung up for 69 grand and was still dealing on them last night.  I doubt they enjoy being fined, but don't think it's much of a big deal, either.  Once the game is effected, the deed is done.  Did the Pats getting hammered by the league cost them their Lombardi?  Did bounty gate cost the Saints their glory year?  

Even if they truly get fined that often, it's not effecting them negatively on the field.  Tomlin should have been suspended for tripping Jones.  Screw a fine.  Those coaches should have gotten tossed last night.  Screw a fine.  If there truly was a bounty on Gilberry as is rumored, then they should get the same draconian penalties as New Orleans did.  Nothing will come of it though.  Bengal fans will be the only ones talking about this shit in a month.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:23 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Oh I agree that he was only there to talk smack, but he was still allowed to be there by rule.  Say it were Green, Paul G could legally walk out there to check on him if he wanted too.

No he's not. The true by the book rule is that only Medical staff, trainers, and attendants can come out to the field to check on the welfare of the player. No one else is allowed out there, including the HC.

Rule 13.1.2
Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee's permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).

During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.

Typically some will come out to check on their friend, and it's usually allowed. That's why you are confused, and usually in those cases they don't start trying to bait the other team. Porter knew they needed a few more yards for that FG and he was sent out there to get it.

Edit: I'm not really against them coming out onto the field and checking on their player, but stay near the player. Don't go wandering off into the other team's area. And in this case, Brown was already being walked off of the field. Porter didn't follow. He stayed behind and jawed with the Bengals. This is why it should have been a PF on Porter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The worst part of all this is that Porter was still wearing the watch he took from Levi Jones in Vegas back in '07.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:06 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: His player was injured he was allowed to be there.

No, he''s not.... he is not the head coach or training staff.
Reply/Quote
Joey Porter is now, has always been and will always be human garbage, which in Pissburgh, makes you an icon.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I agree with whoever said there will be new rules after this game.

Coaches won't be on the field unless it's the head coach.

I also think this will be an early Sunday or Monday night game next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I agree with whoever said there will be new rules after this game.  

Coaches won't be on the field unless it's the head coach.  

I also think this will be an early Sunday or Monday night game next year.

That's already the rule.....
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The worst part of all this is that Porter was still wearing the watch he took from Levi Jones in Vegas back in '07.

Lol 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:33 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Anyone else think the only reason Joey Porter was on the field was to try to egg guys like Jones and Burfict on and draw a flag? Should've been off setting penalties he wasn't coaching he was jawing with the opponent.

That is exactly why he was on the field and our players fell for it.  He has a reputation going back to his playing days... I'm sorry, but our guys have to be more disciplined, they have to not fall for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:35 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That is exactly why he was on the field and our players fell for it.  He has a reputation going back to his playing days... I'm sorry, but our guys have to be more disciplined, they have to not fall for it.

I just think it it was too many things piled on top of each other.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:33 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Anyone else think the only reason Joey Porter was on the field was to try to egg guys like Jones and Burfict on and draw a flag? Should've been off setting penalties he wasn't coaching he was jawing with the opponent.

I think he was. Why would a LB coach be out on the field to attend to a WR?

I don't know if the coaches are necessarily "encouraged" to take such opportunities to screw over the other team when given the chance, but with the acts committed by both Munchak and Porter, it made me remember the trip attempt that Mike Tomlin did to Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return near the end of the Steelers-Ravens game in 2013.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/28/5156106/mike-tomlin-kinda-interferes-with-jacoby-jones-kickoff-return-from

This goes to show that, at minimum, the Steelers coaches are not so disciplined, nice, and proper.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's already the rule.....

That will be a point of emphasis now
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:47 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Coach on the field inciting the other team. NFL will act like it never happened.

^This.  I don't think the NFL will look into anything.  Because if they do throw a fine out on Porter and Shazier, we all know the Steelers wouldn't be in the next round because they should've been flagged.  So they'll sweep this under the rug so the magnifying glass doesn't come out on the NFL.  They'll just keep advertising the Broncos vs Steelers down our throats all week until this game is forgotten.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:14 PM)Football Bender Wrote: ^This.  I don't think the NFL will look into anything.  Because if they do throw a fine out on Porter and Shazier, we all know the Steelers wouldn't be in the next round because they should've been flagged.  So they'll sweep this under the rug so the magnifying glass doesn't come out on the NFL.  They'll just keep advertising the Broncos vs Steelers down our throats all week until this game is forgotten.

Unfortunately it is all over NFL.com that they are looking at a fine for Porter.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:34 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: What I mean is what I said. There was no flag. All of the complaining in the world will not change that fact. Instead of complaining about what we can and can't get away with, we should be holding our players to a higher standard. We should be able to expect our players to keep their composure and seal the deal.

Yes, Porter should have been flagged, but that's not why we lost. Beating that dead horse isn't going to change anything. We need to hold our coaches and players responsible for their actions and move on from there.

While you and I are most always in agreement......that higher standard shit has gotten us nothing but broken jaws, concussions, and wrecked knees.  When it comes to the piss and black, the gloves are off.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Unfortunately it is all over NFL.com that they are looking at a fine for Porter.

It doesn't change the final game score and who continues in the playoffs and who doesn't.

That's why fines are dumb. An on-field penalty can be (and usually is) so much bigger than a fine.

Fingers crossed for the day when all penalties are either called from computers or people in a booth at least in the last five minutes of a game. Penalties should be able to be challenged anyway.

I hate how much power the refs have to affect the outcome of a game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So many non effing football plays we're complaining about. We won if hill didn't fumble, that is a football play that was our own fault. And it must be penalized with being cut or trade. You can't get away with that and be on the Bengals team. It doesn't send a good message. Something has to be done with Peko's idiocy. Adam and Burfict's talent level can trump some of their idiocy, but not peko and hill.

That's the gist of it for sure.....but I still don't like all of this shit talk against us, while nothing was said about the instigation on their part.  If they said both teams were dirty, I'd be cool.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It doesn't change the final game score and who continues in the playoffs and who doesn't.

That's why fines are dumb. An on-field penalty can be (and usually is) so much bigger than a fine.

Fingers crossed for the day when all penalties are either called from computers or people in a booth at least in the last five minutes of a game. Penalties should be able to be challenged anyway.

I hate how much power the refs have to affect the outcome of a game.

And that is the one thing they are not supposed to do.  If you're gonna let it be a brawl, it has to be a brawl for both teams.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:48 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Ya, I saw him on the field when they showed the replay. That should be a penalty. Oh well. Like I said, I don't blame the refs--this was an impossible game to call.

WTF that is an easy ass call to make. The guy isn't supposed to be on the field flag him. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote