Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Votto WTF?
Joey Votto is a career .308 hitter.  In the first 9 years of his career he only hit less than .297 once.  In his injury marred '14 season he hit .255.  We are now over a quarter of the way through the '16 season and Votto's .204 average is a stunning 51 points lower than that career worst.  His slugging percentage is 54 points under his career low (355 to 409), and his on base percentage is 51 points lower (339 to 390).  

Votto is just 7 of 45 (.156) with only one extra base hit against lefties.  He is 12 of 69 (.174) for the month of May.

Last year I was worried because I thought Votto was "struggling" early in the year, but at the end of May last year he was hitting .282.
Reply/Quote
he misses all his friends the reds traded away....

Not much point it scoring runs with your closer gives up every game anyway
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he misses all his friends the reds traded away....

Not much point it scoring runs with your closer gives up every game anyway

They have a closer?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Can you imagine playing for this team every game (sounds worse than I am trying to portray, but you get the point)? Seeing a 3-0 lead in the 7th and POOOF it's gone.

Your morale would be shot to shit.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's just following Bruce's lead living the dream of being a millionaire without having to earn it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 10:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: He's just following Bruce's lead living the dream of being a millionaire without having to earn it..

Sad how some people are just filled with jealousy and hatred.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sad how some people are just filled with jealousy and hatred.
You got me..just filled non-stop with jealousy and hatred. Next you're going to tell me Bruce is the greatest right fielder to ever draw breath and his career. 248 batting average is the best ever?
Yup, that's me..hatred and jealousy from sun up till sunset..
Let's not forget Price as the greatest manager right on the verge of Reds immortality..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 12:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: You got me..just filled  non-stop with jealousy and hatred. Next you're going to tell me Bruce is the greatest right fielder to ever draw breath and his career. 248 batting average is the best ever?
Yup, that's me..hatred and jealousy from sun up till sunset..
Let's not forget Price as the greatest manager right on the verge of Reds immortality..

Maybe I was wrong.  Based on these comments it appears that it may noit be hatred and jealousy, but instead just plain stupidity.

Whatever the reason it is ridiculous to claim that a player in the worst slump of his life is "living the dream".
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 10:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: He's just following Bruce's lead living the dream of being a millionaire without having to earn it..

Lame
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
can the NFL season come any sooner? lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

Among NL outfielders Bruce ranks #2 in slugging percentage, #2 in RBI, and #4 in home runs.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 07:20 AM)McC Wrote: They have a closer?

well idk they haven't been in that spot... they have some decent starters... but once they sit down its over lol
Reply/Quote
I started this thread at the end of may (25th).

In June and July Votto has been crushing it.

.336 batting average (raised total average 61 points)
.542 slugging percentage (raised total 108 points)
.476 on base percentage (raised total 56 points)
Reply/Quote
Got his avg over .300 last night. Safe to say Votto is still Votto.
Reply/Quote