Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JoeyB BodyArmor promo

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pretty funny stuff! Joe seemed a little stiff but still funny.
I don't like the taste of BodyArmor personally.
Reply/Quote
"What's the heaviest you ever picked up?"

"I don't know...400-ish."

"What was her name?"

I'm dying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 12:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty funny stuff! Joe seemed a little stiff but still funny.
I don't like the taste of BodyArmor personally.

Good to see Joe getting that ad revenue.  I'm not a fan of the BodyArmor product either, but for me it's the "viscosity" that I don't care for.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Joe is a lot more stiff on camera than I thought he would be. Probably because when everyone says they meet Joe B its like you can see his aura, he's so cool.

But that doesn't really come across on screen. He will need some acting lessons after his super bowl victories.
Reply/Quote
Joe seemed uncomfortable to me, maybe he doesn't have a good sense of humor.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:03 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Joe seemed uncomfortable to me, maybe he doesn't have a good sense of humor.

I think he has a good sense of humor, he's just uncomfortable being filmed.   Caleb had him rolling a few times.
Reply/Quote
I don't think I've ever heard of the Body Armor beverage prior to this. If I have it didn't make enough of an impression for me to remember it. I saw the title and was afraid it was going to be some kind of new football pads with clips of Burrow getting sacked. "Are you a super star quarterback and having a bad day at the office like this.. Well you need the new Body Armor football pads available today. Also stay tuned for our actual body armor coming soon for fans attending games in Baltimore and Kansas City." Tongue

We'll I've heard of the beverage now I guess and will remember the brand. I'll probably never purchase any because I normally just drink water but good to see Burrow getting some more endorsement opportunities. The video was kind of funny.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:09 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: I think he has a good sense of humor, he's just uncomfortable being filmed.   Caleb had him rolling a few times.

I think he might be intentionally awkward!

lol

I love that he’s getting these advertisements and whatever else because it will build his popularity and then the team’s!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 12:56 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Joe is a lot more stiff on camera than I thought he would be.   Probably because when everyone says they meet Joe B its like you can see his aura, he's so cool.

But that doesn't really come across on screen.   He will need some acting lessons after his super bowl victories.

(07-25-2023, 01:03 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Joe seemed uncomfortable to me, maybe he doesn't have a good sense of humor.

He kind of reminds me of Eli Manning.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I don't know this for a fact, but I have watched a few Caleb Pressley videos and he seems to be kind of the spiritual successor of Zach Galifianakis' Between Two Ferns where the host intentionally asks awkward or intrusive questions and the point is to annoy or offend the interviewee. 

On that show, most of the celebrities knew what it was coming in and, for the most part, played along even feigning anger or outrage at times. Obama played off him like this several times, if I recall correctly. 

There were certain interviews where the celebrity was actually angry but that's the risk of that kind of content haha. Sean Penn did not have seem to have a good sense of humor about it (or maybe it was so good, he was able to successfully never break character).

I wouldn't be surprised if Burrow was intentionally responding awkwardly to play into the bit in this video.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think he might be intentionally awkward!

lol

I love that he’s getting these advertisements and whatever else because it will build his popularity and then the team’s!

I think that was supposed to be part of the sthickt. Olivia is going to have to talk him out of that haircut though. Long greasy hair is not a good look on him.  
Reply/Quote
I think Caleb legit threw him for a loop on some of those questions. It was like a conversation with my brother-in-law, except less mean spirited.
Reply/Quote
He's got a dry, deadpan since of humor....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't understand why he did the commercial in a spotted cow onesie.

As to the attitude I just think that's his nature. I remember him getting interviewed last year at The Precinct by a couple "comedians". He was the exact same.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't understand why he did the commercial in a spotted cow onesie.

Maybe dressed for a follow up commercial with Chick-fil-A.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I actually like Body Armor. I first heard about them because Mike Trout was one of the first athletes they had to endorse them.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think that was supposed to be part of the sthickt. Olivia is going to have to talk him out of that haircut though. Long greasy hair is not a good look on him.  

Same thing I was thinking on all accounts lol
Reply/Quote
glad for the endorsements well deserved but probably lacks the personality to really be a big hit but it is capitalism at its best
Reply/Quote
The wife and I drink body armor. It’s pretty good but I can’t drink it all in one sitting. It can give me stomach issues
Reply/Quote