Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JoeyBs contract comes first
(05-25-2023, 04:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dez Bryant had ego problems.
Le'Veon Bell had ego problems.
Davante Adams was the only one that struck me as surprising, I think.
I don't think Chase would threaten to sit out if tagged, but we won't know unless/until he actually gets tagged, I guess.

Let's take Jessie Bates and Chase.

Averaging the Top 5 salaries for a Franchise Tag sounded reasonable for Jessie Bates.

Chase could set the receiver Market with a Long Term Deal; so averaging the Top 5 salaries for a Franchise Tag for Chase 

may seem more unfair to Chase.  
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 04:27 PM)depthchart Wrote: Let's take Jessie Bates and Chase.

Averaging the Top 5 salaries for a Franchise Tag sounded reasonable for Jessie Bates.

Chase could set the receiver Market with a Long Term Deal; so averaging the Top 5 salaries for a Franchise Tag for Chase 

may seem more unfair to Chase.  

Why do bold and underline random words and phrases? lol

Look, I understand he may not like the tag, but if a deal can't get done, it's better to tag than risk losing the player if the player is actually a Top 5 player at the position.
You can always tag then work on the long-term deal, which happens a lot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do bold and underline random words and phrases? lol

Look, I understand he may not like the tag, but if a deal can't get done, it's better to tag than risk losing the player if the player is actually a Top 5 player at the position.
You can always tag then work on the long-term deal, which happens a lot.

I Bold/underline in part to keep my train of thought about who I'm writing about/main points I'm making and for anyone reading.

It is just my style or lack of style.  "Me just has to Bold and underline."   Tongue

Chase should command a Market Setting Deal greater than a top 5 salary average, so I am curious to see how he would react if the Bengals 

held firm on him playing under the Tag. 

P.S.  I Bolded the letter "a" and underlined "am" in the last sentence above because I just had to.  Wub
Reply/Quote
I must say, I am a bit surprised Joe's deal is not done yet. Not alarmed or anything, but was hoping for a quicker resolution with Tee & Logan following.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 02:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I must say, I am a bit surprised Joe's deal is not done yet. Not alarmed or anything, but was hoping for a quicker resolution with Tee & Logan following.

I would guess he is waiting for Herbert to go and then he will trump it.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 04:06 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would guess he is waiting for Herbert to go and then he will trump it.

That actually makes the most sense. He’s the best in his class, he wants to get the best deal. I think it’s pretty obvious he’s not taking a below market contract. Maybe it’s structured in a way that’s a little positive for the bengals, not even sure what that would be, but he’s not taking less that 53M per.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 02:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I must say, I am a bit surprised Joe's deal is not done yet. Not alarmed or anything, but was hoping for a quicker resolution with Tee & Logan following.

It’s not done because they are really doing 3. Tee, Chase, & Joe to an extent. Lots of parts
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 09:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s not done because they are really doing 3. Tee, Chase, & Joe to an extent. Lots of parts

Why would they be doing Chase?  He is not eligible for an extension yet.

They may be considering Logan...

Reply/Quote
Joey B knows the weapons he has around him and will work out a deal that lets the front office keep Tee & Chase.........Tom Brady did it his whole career
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 01:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why would they be doing Chase?  He is not eligible for an extension yet.

They may be considering Logan...

Not doing Chase but it’s still a component. They’d better be including his amount
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 02:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not doing Chase but it’s still a component. They’d better be including his amount

Im sure they are thinking about it but things change so fast, look at the Orlando Brown signing, you think that didn't cause a change of plans?  There is no doubt they have a road map for the future and Chase is a bigger priority than Tee.

Mahomes has shown that multiple great WRs are not needed to win the SB.  If Tee's demand is too high I have no issues with a tag and trade next off season, especially if it nets us a RT for the future.  It could also provide a path to keep DJ a couple more years.

Reply/Quote
I think Joe gets a unique contract that includes a % of the cap every season. THAT kind of 1 of 1 language might be the real holdup.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 02:19 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Joey B knows the weapons he has around him and will work out a deal that lets the front office keep Tee & Chase.........Tom Brady did it his whole career

Will people never stop with this example? Tom Brady was married to a woman worth half a billion dollars. He was an extreme outlier of a situation.

Burrow is not going to take a deal way under market value like Brady did all those years.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will people never stop with this example? Tom Brady was married to a woman worth half a billion dollars. He was an extreme outlier of a situation.

Burrow is not going to take a deal way under market value like Brady did all those years.

You're kinda just guessing. Mahomes took a team-friendly deal and he married not into money. 

He stated when asked about his contract that others need to be taken care of. I will not totally rule out JB being "creative" to help the cap
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 03:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im sure they are thinking about it but things change so fast, look at the Orlando Brown signing, you think that didn't cause a change of plans?  There is no doubt they have a road map for the future and Chase is a bigger priority than Tee.

Mahomes has shown that multiple great WRs are not needed to win the SB.  If Tee's demand is too high I have no issues with a tag and trade next off season, especially if it nets us a RT for the future.  It could also provide a path to keep DJ a couple more years.

IDK. Chase makes $8 Mil this year and $9 Mil next year, Hell if JC makes another Pro Bowl his 5th-year option is the same as the Franchise Tag; conversely, Tee makes around $4 Mil this year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2023, 10:42 AM)PDub80 Wrote: The depth Higgins provided when Chase went down last season is why the Bengals made the playoffs.

TY. That was the first thing I thought about. When Chase went out last year Higgins really showed his true value. They need to resign him/

You all got trolled, quite effectively, with the "Why wouldn't you value Higgins over Chase?" comment..
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 03:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im sure they are thinking about it but things change so fast, look at the Orlando Brown signing, you think that didn't cause a change of plans?  There is no doubt they have a road map for the future and Chase is a bigger priority than Tee.

KC won last year on a last play field goal aided by a big punt return and personal foul. If they hadn’t would their board be claiming the Bengals have beat us 4-0 and won 2 straight AFC titles. Their recipe of 2 big time receivers is the truth. There’s not just one recipe. Joe wants Higgins. It’s going to happen. Hopefully it’s the right direction. But we don’t know it’s not or that KC has the secret sauce. Not enough data points.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 08:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: KC won last year on a last play field goal aided by a big punt return and personal foul. If they hadn’t would their board be claiming the Bengals have beat us 4-0 and won 2 straight AFC titles. Their recipe of 2 big time receivers is the truth. There’s not just one recipe. Joe wants Higgins. It’s going to happen. Hopefully it’s the right direction. But we don’t know it’s not or that KC has the secret sauce. Not enough data points.

Not to mention KC had an easy divisional schedule, which helped them get homefield advantage in the playoffs. I'm not sure that Mahommes has ever had an away game playoff. And despite homefield against the Bengals, and the Bengals missing 3 of their 5 starting OL, and missing Boyd, and getting a non-call on a late hit on Burrow and a debatable grounding call on the last series, it still came down to the punt return and penalty.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 04:17 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think Joe gets a unique contract  that includes a % of the cap every season. THAT kind of 1 of 1 language might be the real holdup.

I would doubt that. Florio's idea is not good for the team whatsoever.  It would be disastrous for us.   

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're kinda just guessing. Mahomes took a team-friendly deal and he married not into money. 

He stated when asked about his contract that others need to be taken care of. I will not totally rule out JB being "creative" to help the cap

And so are people that keep suggesting Burrow will leave money on the table.

The deal would probably already be done if that was the case. He’s likely waiting to top Herbert’s contract.

Reply/Quote