Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross
(06-23-2018, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you don't even know what "lol" means?  

That's pretty funny considering that you use it more than my 14 year old daughter.

difference between laughing out loud fred at comments made..than diminishing others..
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 10:19 AM)cooper Wrote: difference between laughing out loud fred at comments made..than diminishing others..

Then perhaps you should not be calling me "paranoid" for simply stating the truth that you were laughing (apparently out loud) at everyone who disagreed with you.

Now lets stop this silly personal stuff and get back to football.  What exactly are your predictions for Ross's production this year?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 10:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then perhaps you should not be calling me "paranoid" for simply stating the truth that you were laughing (apparently out loud) at everyone who disagreed with you.

Now lets stop this silly personal stuff and get back to football.  What exactly are your predictions for Ross's production this year?

And...no response.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 12:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And...no response.

hopefully...a much better year than last
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 10:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then perhaps you should not be calling me "paranoid" for simply stating the truth that you were laughing (apparently out loud) at everyone who disagreed with you.

i love and respect all bengals fans..yet any person thinking that one player will make that much of a difference in the entire scheme of things..they dont understand the game
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 12:28 PM)cooper Wrote: hopefully...a much better year than last

Well, at least we find out you're HOPING he does well.  You were coming across as if you wanted him to fail.  
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 12:30 PM)cooper Wrote: i love and respect all bengals fans..yet any person thinking that one player will make that much of a difference in the entire scheme of things..they dont understand the game

At the very least, John Ross could have a Tyreek Hill-type of impact here.  That one player made KC a legit Super Bowl contender.  He was a HUGE addition.  And very similar to Ross
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 08:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have you ever heard of a kid saying whatever his coach and organization told him to say to try and get back in their good graces?  I guess not.  

Yeah, right.  A head coach with a 15 year history of playing and starting rookies when they are ready and never once having a rookie pitch a little baby hissy fit over not getting playing time until Ross shows up.

Has to be the coach, right?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 12:30 PM)cooper Wrote: i love and respect all bengals fans..yet any person thinking that one player will make that much of a difference in the entire scheme of things..they dont understand the game

Sure, football is a team sport.  It takes 11 men working together to achieve success on either side of the ball.  I think many are just getting encouraged to read anything positive about John Ross, as it was so frustrating to get absolutely zero production from our top 10 pick, last season.

Personally, I'm of a mind that Ross doesn't need to put up big numbers, in order to have a dramatic impact on offensive success.  Just a few touches per game will reveal the threat that he is, and that alone will open up options for Andy, all over the field.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It gets dangerous in here during the off season. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 01:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, football is a team sport.  It takes 11 men working together to achieve success on either side of the ball.  I think many are just getting encouraged to read anything positive about John Ross, as it was so frustrating to get absolutely zero production from our top 10 pick, last season.

Personally, I'm of a mind that Ross doesn't need to put up big numbers, in order to have a dramatic impact on offensive success.  Just a few touches per game will reveal the threat that he is, and that alone will open up options for Andy, all over the field.

Spot on Sunset, John Ross scored a Touchdown once every five times he touched the ball in college.

To say something like that would not make much of a difference is silly.

(06-24-2018, 02:25 PM)Synric Wrote: It gets dangerous in here during the off season. 

Yes it does lol

We need some football. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need some football. Mellow

[Image: latest?cb=20130920112021]

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right.  A head coach with a 15 year history of playing and starting rookies when they are ready and never once having a rookie pitch a little baby hissy fit over not getting playing time until Ross shows up.

Has to be the coach, right?

You are saying Ross benched himself and made a twitter video of him torching our defense and called it "Healthy Scratch" to spite himself?

Interesting theory. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 01:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, football is a team sport.  It takes 11 men working together to achieve success on either side of the ball.  I think many are just getting encouraged to read anything positive about John Ross, as it was so frustrating to get absolutely zero production from our top 10 pick, last season.

Darqueze Dennard, Dre Kirkpatrick, and WJII had the same impact their rookie seasons and are now cornerstone players.  WJIII might be our best defensive player.  At least there is some semblance of a track record that just because you had a poor rookie season, injured or otherwise, doesn't spell "bad draft pick".
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 07:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Darqueze Dennard, Dre Kirkpatrick, and WJII had the same impact their rookie seasons and are now cornerstone players.  WJIII might be our best defensive player.  At least there is some semblance of a track record that just because you had a poor rookie season, injured or otherwise, doesn't spell "bad draft pick".

Good point.  
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 07:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  You are saying Ross benched himself and made a twitter video of him torching our defense and called it "Healthy Scratch" to spite himself?

Interesting theory. 

No.  I never said anything like that.

I said that Ross did not desereve to play but he tried to blame the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 09:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I never said anything like that.

I said that Ross did not desereve to play but he tried to blame the coaches.

Your original response to me said:  "Ross admitted he did not know the playbook.  he admitted that he tried to hide his injury from the coaches.  He deserved to be benched.  Stop blaming Marvin."

And what I have "blamed Marvin" for was not giving him another shot immediately after his fumble, which is not where he was injured.  

I even made the reference to Kareem Hunt fumbling on his first carry and going on to break a rookie single-game all-purpose yardage total in the critical first game of the year (a win) against the Pats.  

So, thanks, but I will blame Marvin all I want.  It is all hindsight now, but I hope Marvin gives him a legitimate shot this year.  
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed Ross becomes the Bengals x-factor to getting us over the hump.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

You're right it's a team game, and this year there are a lot of moving pieces that need to be better.   But having Ross produce enough to be a significant threat opposite Green would make a significant difference.

I'm hoping upgrades at OL, Safety, DL and Linebacker pan out this year.

But you can't blame any of us for being intrigued to see if Ross pans out according to our hopes and dreams we had last year - however unrealistic they may have been.

I mean the loss of Marvin Jones had a significant impact the following year. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 01:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I even made the reference to Kareem Hunt fumbling on his first carry and going on to break a rookie single-game all-purpose yardage total in the critical first game of the year (a win) against the Pats.  

Don't know why you keep bring up Hunt.  He knew the playbook.  Ross did not.  There is no comparison.
Reply/Quote