Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross
Smirk

I was a fan of the Ross pick when it was made, and then extremely disappointed by his rookie season.

Curious as to what everyone's realistic expectations / predictions are for him this year. 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 12:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Smirk

I was a fan of the Ross pick when it was made, and then extremely disappointed by his rookie season.

Curious as to what everyone's realistic expectations / predictions are for him this year. 

My prediction is that Ross will be something special. Last year was a disappointment, that is for sure but he was hurt...I think he was.

Anyway, Ross will be what I thought he would be. I just hope Dalton can get the ball to him and Ross doesn't outrun those bombs, lol.
Reply/Quote
Some nice footwork here...

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 12:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Some nice footwork here...

If he can do that, with a DB draped on him?  Lookin' like money, all year long..   Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to get too excited, but it's certainly been good news coming from the Ross front this offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I was a big fan of the pick as well and have said that the people that hated the pick will be surprised in a great way
once he gets it all together. He just needs to stay healthy and he will open up the entire Offense by just being on the
field. He has rare quickness and open field ability to go along with good hands and we all know about his speed.

Expecting a big year from AJ Green with this guy getting attention. We have needed this opposite AJ for a long time.

Never had it. People will claim Marvin Jones was it but he wasn't healthy much.

Ross is way quicker, faster and much better in open space then Marvin Jones. Antonio Brown is who John Ross has
always reminded me of and he is bigger then AB. Working with Housh seems to have really helped Ross.
Reply/Quote
I think his ceiling is a Golden Tate type of player.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

Somewhere in the tune of 40-60 catches and at least 4 TDs this season... For his status and ability if ehs on the field he should be producing especially if Eifert and Green are health all season too then I could be low ballin.

Well he might lose snaps to Boyd/Lafell/Malone occansionally(3rd downs at least)... But I think should be a staple on the Offense after about 4 games in.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 02:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I think his ceiling is a Golden Tate type of player.

I see more of a Desean Jackson type. Will bust some big plays, but I don’t see him doing much work between the hash marks.
Reply/Quote
30-50 receptions, 500-600 yards, 3-6 TDs is my prediction.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
-_-_-_-_-John Ross

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 02:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I think his ceiling is a Golden Tate type of player.

Golden Tate slow af. The first time he stepped on the field was the last time he was a deep ball threat. 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 03:19 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Golden Tate slow af. The first time he stepped on the field was the last time he was a deep ball threat. 

Agreed....what a terrible comparison.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 02:46 PM)HuDey Wrote: I see more of a Desean Jackson type. Will bust some big plays, but I don’t see him doing much work between the hash marks.

Definitely more DJ than GT. Tate takes time to build up speed, not a lot off burst right off the LOS. Ross not only has crazy long speed but also ridiculous short burst and twitch. I'd love to see him work with Chad, as Chad had the best feet in the game at one point that allowed him to be so good. (Not that I think Ross has bad feet but rather to see if Chad could help him even further perhaps).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 03:19 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Golden Tate slow af. The first time he stepped on the field was the last time he was a deep ball threat. 

yeah he stole to many donuts while in seattle
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping that he can put it all together and be a deep threat monster.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 02:46 PM)HuDey Wrote: I see more of a Desean Jackson type. Will bust some big plays, but I don’t see him doing much work between the hash marks.

exactly what I see.  he seems like Djax mix with Santana moss.    kinda frail with insane speed type.
Reply/Quote
Was not a big fan of the pick, but it was because of the position not the player.

Ross does not have to put up huge numbers to have a very big impact on the offense.  Marvin Jones type production (50-60 rec, 700-800 yds) will make things so much easier for Green.  Even if you don't think Ross was worth the #9 pick last year you have to admit that if he is healthy and focused he will be a great addition to this years team.

Meanwhile Titans WR Corey Davis, the number 5 pick in last year's draft who only had 375 receiving yards, is missing minicamp due to injury.
Reply/Quote

(06-14-2018, 03:21 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Agreed....what a terrible comparison.

(06-14-2018, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah he stole to many donuts while in seattle

Really? I’d much rather have Golden Tate on my FFL team than Desean Jackson. Cuz you know, Jackson sucks.

All I’m saying is if we get the same kind of production from Ross that Tate gives his team, we’d all be in a little better mood around here.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 04:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Really?  I’d much rather have Golden Tate on my FFL team than Desean Jackson.  Cuz you know, Jackson sucks.

All I’m saying is if we get the same kind of production from Ross that Tate gives his team, we’d all be in a little better mood around here.

One, I disagree about Golden Tate vs Jackson based off Jackson averaging more yards, ypc, and td then Tate. Second, you said the same type of player as Tate which Ross will probably never be and is nothing like. 

If Ross puts up 1000 yards on 17 average for 7 TD I think we'd be happy. Which is close to Jackson early years. If we got tates early years people would die.
Reply/Quote