Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Jerry released
Wonder if that means we'll be seeing an OL pick up on waivers?
Reply/Quote
Or maybe a trade is in the works for one.
Reply/Quote
You’d almost think it has to mean they have an OL coming in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:55 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Wonder if that means we'll be seeing an OL pick up on waivers?

It could also be a situation like MJ's last year.
Reply/Quote
See ya, John Jerry. Smell ya later..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He was terrible, he got smoked when they tried to play him at LT Thursday night

Love the cuts we have made thus far
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: You’d almost think it has to mean they have an OL coming in.

Shouldn't we have heard about the new guy coming in before we heard about Jerry getting tossed out?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: You’d almost think it has to mean they have an OL coming in.

You would think so, and a Linebacker with the cuts of Malik and Davis.

This sure would curb some pessimism around here.
Reply/Quote
Former first rounder Joshua Garnett has been cut by the Niners
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Thankfully. He was always a retread has-been. I hated that we even picked him up. Second rate Bengal move if there ever was one.

Hilariously, there were actually people on this very board suggesting he could play tackle, lol. He couldn't play tackle at an acceptable level when he was a viable NFL player, much less a year removed from being drummed out of the league. Good riddance.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Former first rounder Joshua Garnett has been cut by the Niners

Meanwhile, another former first rounder, Cedric Ogbuehi, made the Jags final roster – as a backup. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:48 AM)Shady Wrote: Meanwhile, another former first rounder, Cedric Ogbuehi, made the Jags final roster – as a backup. 

One can only hope he's starting at tackle when the Bengals play the Jags.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:55 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Wonder if that means we'll be seeing an OL pick up on waivers?
I think it means he made too many penalties in preseason.  He made 8 or 9 in first half of preseason game 1 alone.  

Another ex Giant who made a ton of penalties last year for Bengals is Bobby Hart. 

Jerry didn't push the D back, but he sure pushed his own offense back.  

Cutting back on all the O Line penalties we accepted under Marvin is a Must.  If this team can't even line up and snap the ball, they are doomed.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:00 AM)Fullrock Wrote: One can only hope he's starting at tackle when the Bengals play the Jags.

Be careful what you wish for, Bengals and the Ced haters could like fools if he goes the other way and becomes a solid starting OT for the Jags.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote