Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Lewis passes
(08-05-2020, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except in Georgia, gatherings of over 50 people are banned last I knew.

Also, are funerals considered essential purposes for vising hot spots for everyone else? Or just if you're powerful?

- - - - - - - - - -

There's no set limit on capacity for Georgia churches, just guidelines for people who do not live together to be able to be 6 feet apart.

Also, in a rush to find something to be offended by, you seem to have misread your source for a 2nd time. The quarantine applies based on your business in DC, not in the state you're coming from.

Quote:Meanwhile....

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/05/continued-limits-on-va-burial-service-attendance-draw-criticism/

...for those who aren't able to ignore the rules as they please.

Georgia has their own rules. DC has their own rules. The VA has also set up their own rules. If a veteran sought a funeral at a church in Georgia and at a private cemetery, they too could have a similar funeral as John Lewis. This is like complaining that you have to wear a mask at Walmart but people at K Mart don't have to. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 11:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's no set limit on capacity for Georgia churches, just guidelines for people who do not live together to be able to be 6 feet apart.

Also, in a rush to find something to be offended by, you seem to have misread your source for a 2nd time. The quarantine applies based on your business in DC, not in the state you're coming from.

Those must be some HUGE families living together in that church, then. Unless you actually think those pews are 6ft apart.

So in other words, as long as you're powerful then you can go to any hot spot you so desire and never have to quarantine like all the common folk who are being arressted or fined (up to $10k in New York) for not quarantining. That's not better.

-They are special and don't have to social distance.
-They are special and don't have to self-quarantine.

Sure must be nice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: Oh we're worrying about the rules now for the funeral of a civil rights activist and congressman? As far as I can tell, any rule is a recommendation. Very little heeding, and even less enforcement... Outside of the military I suppose. I'm not sure when they became so strict.

Either they're rules needed in order to limit exposure and help slow/stop the pandemic, or they're mere theater that can be thrown out whenever someone with a bit of power decides they shouldn't have to follow them.

It can't be both. 

Normal people have missed birthdays, funerals, their jobs, and more, because of these rules during this year. They didn't get to play the "Rules? But I am special." card.

Reply/Quote
I am under the impression that if someone is within your bubble such close sitting is ok.

For example my wife, her sister and her brother all took care of their father (actually my wife and her brother's step-father) for the last ten years but especially over the last 9 months.  They were all in contact so they were within MY bubble even though I only had contact with my wife most of the time.  If we were out I could be with them as much as my wife and son.  And our daughter lives in his house with her husband so they would fall under that also.  So now I am up to almost twelve people (including spouses and other caregivers) within my bubble.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Those must be some HUGE families living together in that church, then. Unless you actually think those pews are 6ft apart.

So in other words, as long as you're powerful then you can go to any hot spot you so desire and never have to quarantine like all the common folk who are being arressted or fined (up to $10k in New York) for not quarantining. That's not better.

-They are special and don't have to social distance.
-They are special and don't have to self-quarantine.

Sure must be nice.

You tried to say people flouted the DC quarantine. They didn't. 

You tried to say people flouted a social distancing rule in GA. They didn't.

Now you're bringing up New York...? 

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 11:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's no set limit on capacity for Georgia churches, just guidelines for people who do not live together to be able to be 6 feet apart.

(08-07-2020, 10:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You tried to say people flouted a social distancing rule in GA. They didn't.

[Image: page-header?v=1596153372.22]

You tell me where the 6ft spacing is between people not living together in that photo. Because either there's 100 people in that photo who are living together in the same house, or they're openly flaunting their disregard of the guidelines that are only meant for the common people before they travel back and enjoy non-quarantine.

This is some BS along the lines of the Supreme Court enjoying their private gym with their private trainers while everyone else wasn't allowed to go to the gym.

There seems to be two sets of rules now and nobody even pretending otherwise. (Other than you, I guess.)

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: page-header?v=1596153372.22]

You tell me where the 6ft spacing is between people not living together in that photo. Because either there's 100 people in that photo who are living together in the same house, or they're openly flaunting their disregard of the guidelines that are only meant for the common people before they travel back and enjoy non-quarantine.

This is some BS along the lines of the Supreme Court enjoying their private gym with their private trainers while everyone else wasn't allowed to go to the gym.

There seems to be two sets of rules now and nobody even pretending otherwise. (Other than you, I guess.)

Without me doing a search can you tell me how many photos of the Trump Oklahoma rally you posted complaining that people weren't being treated the same as you and I?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: page-header?v=1596153372.22]

You first claimed gatherings of 50 or more were not allowed in GA. I explained to you that your statement was false and what the guidelines were. 

I understand why you chose that photo rather than the one I posted that better shows how spread out the majority of the church was, since that photo make it appear that people are far more clumped up together than they really are.

As I stated before, anyone in Georgia could have that type of funeral. Find something new to feign unsubstantiated outrage over. 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Without me doing a search can you tell me how many photos of the Trump Oklahoma rally you posted complaining that people weren't being treated the same as you and I?

So you believe that an absence of recorded disagreement of every single instance you might be able to think of means that I approve? Or that it disqualifies me from being able to display disagreement in the future?

Because that's a rather shitty thought process and approach if we're all going to have to be active every single day on PnR decrying every single instance of something we disagree with in order for our valid points to not be invalidated.

I am sorry that I don't post often in PnR. I am sorry I don't read the majority of threads in PnR. I know if runs against the very fiber of your being, but please do try to not be a exclusionary DB because of it.

- - - - - - -
If everyone wasn't so terrible at following the guidelines, maybe this shit would be over (or mostly over) by now and a funeral I went to recently (yes, that is why I brought up the topic in this case, sorry I didn't have someone close to me die while Trump was having his Oklahoma rally) wouldn't have been so damned pathetic because we could have eased restrictions.

Just some bullshit that I remember the guideline following funeral I went to and then I see a politician getting hundreds of people able to travel to and from his funeral freely mere days later.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:33 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Either they're rules needed in order to limit exposure and help slow/stop the pandemic, or they're mere theater that can be thrown out whenever someone with a bit of power decides they shouldn't have to follow them.

It can't be both. 

Normal people have missed birthdays, funerals, their jobs, and more, because of these rules during this year. They didn't get to play the "Rules? But I am special." card.

Normal people also got suspended from school for 5 days for posting pics of a crowded hallway in a Georgia school too.

Normal people are doing whatever they want. I see it every day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-hotspot-albany-georgia-funderals-covid-19-cases-per-capita-2020-4

Earlier this year in Georgia, we had two funerals overwhelm the local hospital with Covid cases.  Patients had to be diverted to multiple hospitals.

From looking at those photos, it seems they could have done a better job at social distancing.  If they are in the same household they don't need to maintain the 6 feet between each other, but those are awfully big groups.

They may (probably based upon guest list) have had rapid Covid testing which would help reduce, but not eliminate the risk.  I've been complaining about politicians and the rich getting special treatment compared to ER patients since the pandemic started.

PS As a Georgia resident, I don't know the funeral restrictions.  I had to look them up.   I found this . . .

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qu3YEkQysV8J:https://dph.georgia.gov/document/document/funeral-guidance0492020/download+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I also looked up Kemp's Empowering a Healthy Georgia executive order. There are four of them.  The one that would have applied at the time is 41 pages long.  I wasn't going to read it.  But, that's part of the problem.  At least 50 different standards across the nation instead of one centralized set of standards with a decentralized execution.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So you believe that an absence of recorded disagreement of every single instance you might be able to think of means that I approve? Or that it disqualifies me from being able to display disagreement in the future?

Because that's a rather shitty thought process and approach if we're all going to have to be active every single day on PnR decrying every single instance of something we disagree with in order for our valid points to not be invalidated.

I am sorry that I don't post often in PnR. I am sorry I don't read the majority of threads in PnR. I know if runs against the very fiber of your being, but please do try to not be a exclusionary DB because of it.

- - - - - - -
If everyone wasn't so terrible at following the guidelines, maybe this shit would be over (or mostly over) by now and a funeral I went to recently (yes, that is why I brought up the topic in this case, sorry I didn't have someone close to me die while Trump was having his Oklahoma rally) wouldn't have been so damned pathetic because we could have eased restrictions.

Just some bullshit that I remember the guideline following funeral I went to and then I see a politician getting hundreds of people able to travel to and from his funeral freely mere days later.

I'll take that as you didn't post photos or talk about the rally being something that "average people" don't get to do.  And I asked not to see if you spend more time on PNR but to illustrate that your complaint would carry more weight with me if the rally or some such event was at least mentioned while talking about this funeral.  (I guess that's a good reason to call me an "exclusionary DB" rather than just answer the question?)
There are lots of events that could be "questioned" about social distancing and gathering.

So, as I said, there are rules that seem to be in question.  Here you can be within your bubble probably the same thing there.

I'm sorry for your loss.  I was at a funeral two weeks ago, right as the governor tightened restrictions again.  Family came from Michigan and from the middle of PA.  We stayed within our own circles as much as possible and wore masks whenever we needed to and then some.  We were fortunate to be able to have more than 25 people attend the viewing and the funeral and the (outside) lunch afterwards.  We had a neighbor's daughter die a few months ago and they could only have immediate family there.  She was 36 and a friend of all of ours.  We wanted to be there but the rules at the time kept that from happening then.  But we stayed within the rules as best we could so I'm not going to begrudge a man the stature of John Lewis a few extra people either if they are trying to stay within the rules.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote