Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John McCain
So turning this back to McCain...

He will lie in state in the Capitol rotunda on Friday, being the 13th Senator to do so. Those that lie in state (and in honor as well, maybe?) typically have their coffin rest on the Lincoln Catafalque, which I think is a neat detail for these sorts of things.

That he will be buried at Annapolis is a nice gesture. I'm wondering why he went with that rather than Arlington with his father and grandfather.

Wednesday, he will lie in state in the Arizona Capitol and there will be a private service that day. After that, the public be be admitted for viewing. Another service will be held on Thursday in a church, and then at the airport as he will depart Arizona for Washington.

There will be services on Friday, and then on Saturday they will proceed along Pennsylvania Avenue to lay a wreath in his honor at The Wall. That day at 10 am, there will be the big memorial service at the National Cathedral with former presidents involved.

He will be laid to rest during a private ceremony on Sunday.

The ceremonies in the church, at the Capitol, and at the National Cathedral will all be livestreamed if anyone is interested.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I never wished ill will on him, just wanted him to retire.

With that said, the Hanoi Songbird sings no more.
Now we can finally start un-sealing those records that he fought so diligently to keep sealed away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I really hope Trump takes the spotlight from the services by either firing Sessions and/or Mueller or doing something so big that the media have no choice but to give him more attention.
So I deleted two folks off of my facebook for the mindblowing disrespect for McCain, one saying hope he 'Burns in ..' you get it. Coincidentally they both are big Trump fans. Maybe following Trump they have lost their way of having decency and respect to those that have served our country like McCain did, I dont know. But when I am reading more positive things about McCain from the left and middle than most of the Trumpet base, that is a pretty telling sign just how much he has swindled much of his base's decency away.

Stay classy Trump fans, because when his day comes, he wont get nearly the love and respect that McCain, Obama, and even Bush will get.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-28-2018, 10:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I really hope Trump takes the spotlight from the services by either firing Sessions and/or Mueller or doing something so big that the media have no choice but to give him more attention.

He would really steal the spotlight if he stopped this charade and just resigned.
(08-31-2018, 12:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: So I deleted two folks off of my facebook for the mindblowing disrespect for McCain, one saying hope he 'Burns in ..' you get it. Coincidentally they both are big Trump fans. Maybe following Trump they have lost their way of having decency and respect to those that have served our country like McCain did, I dont know. But when I am reading more positive things about McCain from the left and middle than most of the Trumpet base, that is a pretty telling sign just how much he has swindled much of his base's decency away.

Stay classy Trump fans, because when his day comes, he wont get nearly the love and respect that McCain, Obama, and even Bush will get.

[Image: B0CF384B-F855-47D3-A2F3-878E84EC53BD.thu...f43aa.jpeg]
McCain getting swift-boatted like crazy after his death. Tons of people sharing blatantly false information. Interesting seeing the people with Trump pictures blast McCain for being a "traitor".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-03-2018, 11:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: McCain getting swift-boatted like crazy after his death. Tons of people sharing blatantly false information. Interesting seeing the people with Trump pictures blast McCain for being a "traitor".

McCain was another politico in our country that Russia hated. I have zero doubt that their troll farms are feeding the naive all sorts of things that they will believe and pass on.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-27-2018, 11:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45323772

[Image: warf.gif]

So you guys now have people watching flags?

The White House followed protocol with regards to flag raising upon the death of a senator.
(09-03-2018, 11:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: McCain getting swift-boatted like crazy after his death. Tons of people sharing blatantly false information. Interesting seeing the people with Trump pictures blast McCain for being a "traitor".

It seems that anyone who has stood up against Trump will be hated by his die-hards. I know here in Ohio, John Kasich who ran against Trump and made it known he hates him, is definitely not liked by the Republicans here who like Trump. Yeah he wasn't the perfect Governor, but he wasn't a bad one by any means either. But he hated Trump, and the Trumpetts hate him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 40684230_1946029148753072_5516907984455729152_n.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-03-2018, 11:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 40684230_1946029148753072_5516907984455729152_n.jpg]

That is something that should be noted about the entire service. No one mentioned Trump, they talked about American ideals and what we should be as a nation. I think it says something that those statements were universally seen as jabs at Trump.

(09-03-2018, 11:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is something that should be noted about the entire service. No one mentioned Trump, they talked about American ideals and what we should be as a nation. I think it says something that those statements were universally seen as jabs at Trump.

So you're rolling with Meghan McCain's comments weren't direct jabs toward Trump?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-03-2018, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're rolling with Meghan McCain's comments weren't direct jabs toward Trump?

Oh, I think they were. I think her commentary was very pointed. I just find it interesting that the current state of things is that commentary like that is so blatantly a critique of our current POTUS that everyone knows it without his name being mentioned.

(09-03-2018, 02:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I think they were. I think her commentary was very pointed. I just find it interesting that the current state of things is that commentary like that is so blatantly a critique of our current POTUS that everyone knows it without his name being mentioned.

I'll admit that I was saddened that she somehow made Trump the star of the show. I've seen no press of the rest of the eulogizers' comments being a critique of POTUS.

WTS, who the hell am I told critique what a grieving daughter said at he father's funeral.

(09-03-2018, 02:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I think they were. I think her commentary was very pointed. I just find it interesting that the current state of things is that commentary like that is so blatantly a critique of our current POTUS that everyone knows it without his name being mentioned.

It's like on social media when I make a sweeping comment about racists (for example) and people start telling me that THEY aren't racist so I am wrong.   Mellow

I always explain that if they are not racist then I wasn't talking about them.

Weird how they get triggered like that.

Smirk
(09-03-2018, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll admit that I was saddened that she somehow made Trump the star of the show. I've seen no press of the rest of the eulogizers' comments being a critique of POTUS.

WTS, who the hell am I told critique what a grieving daughter said at he father's funeral.

There were definitely some comments made by others that were in the same tone, though Meghan's had a greater percentage of it. I honestly would not be surprised if McCain asked people to do it.

(09-03-2018, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're rolling with Meghan McCain's comments weren't direct jabs toward Trump?

Im rolling with our president is such a piece of shit he was not invited to a funeral for a senator in the capital.

10 years ago this guy was the leader of the party. 

Today the leader of the party is not welcome at his funeral. 

Blame liberals all you want. Most Americans know damn well who is shitting all over the moral decency of our country.
(09-03-2018, 10:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im rolling with our president is such a piece of shit he was not invited to a funeral for a senator in the capital.

10 years ago this guy was the leader of the party. 

Today the leader of the party is not welcome at his funeral. 

Blame liberals all you want. Most Americans know damn well who is shitting all over the moral decency of our country.

Of course this has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Perhaps you're just saying.

Nice (but brief) article on McCain's children.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5053287/john-mccains-seven-children-attend-his-funeral-at-the-national-cathedral/

Interesting to note that his ex-wife refused to say anything negative about him when people were looking for dirt in 2008.  Contrast that to Trump's wife accusing him of rape during their divorce proceedings.  

The more I read of his private life the more I understand why Trump hates him.