Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Peters
How can we not pull for this kid?

He's living a dream that most of us would have given our eye-teeth to experience.

Even if he doesn't make the practice squad, it's still a great story. But I hope he can earn a bigger role than that.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:08 AM)Shady Wrote: How can we not pull for this kid?

He's living a dream that most of us would have given our eye-teeth to experience.

Even if he doesn't make the practice squad, it's still a great story. But I hope he can earn a bigger role than that.

I think he makes the practice squad. He's got a really interesting blend of measurables and experience. It will take a while for him to get used to blocking. But 6'8" 265lbs and a receiver. The dude doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.

My biggest fear is that just he'll look good enough for someone to poach off the practice squad.

Intriguing guy.
Reply/Quote
He seems to have an old fashioned work ethic, I hope he makes the team and our coaches can develop him. Big Grin

PS- I looked over at the smilies and wondered where the "Denny thumbs up" was- another brain gas episode.

PSPS- Thanks to Bengalholic for all his effort in creating this magic so quickly.........you rescued many of us. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 08:16 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: He seems to have an old fashioned work ethic, I hope he makes the team and our coaches can develop him. Big Grin

PS- I looked over at the smilies and wondered where the "Denny thumbs up" was- another brain gas episode.

PSPS- Thanks to Bengalholic for all his effort in creating this magic so quickly.........you rescued many of us. Big Grin

He has some decent measurables too. 4.7 40 at 6"8 and almost 270 pounds, nothing to be sniffed at. 27 reps on BP is also dang good because you know those aren't going to be short arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-6qYahMTY

Reply/Quote
Not quite sure why Hobson writes a story about Peters and puts a picture of CJ Uzomah on it when he isn't even mentioned in the article....
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not quite sure why Hobson writes a story about Peters and puts a picture of CJ Uzomah on it when he isn't even mentioned in the article....

LOL Big Grin
Reply/Quote
[Image: CFAxw82WIAAB-tc.jpg]
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:08 AM)Shady Wrote: How can we not pull for this kid?

Is there any precedent for a guy from a school that small to play in the NFL? MSJ is really small.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 07:37 PM)3wt Wrote: I think he makes the practice squad.  He's got a really interesting blend of measurables and experience.  It will take a while for him to get used to blocking.   But 6'8" 265lbs and a receiver.  The dude doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.  

My biggest fear is that just he'll look good enough for someone to poach off the practice squad.

Intriguing guy.

Can't see another team wasting a roster spot for a practice squad guy, regardless of his physical characteristics. There is just no tape on this dude. The Bengals will find out all they need about him before someone else takes the risk.

Who knows though, he may just be that one in ten thousand that climbs up from the abyss.
Reply/Quote
Rooting for him to make the PS.
Reply/Quote