Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross 2018
(01-03-2018, 11:35 AM)fullonbehavior Wrote: I don't really agree with this.  Marv has had players in the dog house before that actually took heed and changed their practice habits and work ethic to become better players and team mates.

I might agree if there had ever been any previous evidence of the kid being lazy or a bad teammate.   Just another Marvin clown act.

How come there is no room in Nimrod's dog house for blockers who can't block or tacklers who can't tackle or cover guys who can't cover? Marvin is a pinhead moron who is too stupid to even know how stupid he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:40 AM)McC Wrote: I might agree if there had ever been any previous evidence of the kid being lazy or a bad teammate.   Just another Marvin clown act.

How come there is no room in Nimrod's dog house for blockers who can't block or tacklers who can't tackle or cover guys who can't cover?  Marvin is a pinhead moron who is too stupid to even know how stupid he is.

Giving up on a rout when he didn't think the ball was coming his way.  Hiding an injury from the coaches. Posting a video of practice to "prove" that he is healthy hence throwing your coach under the bus.  Not saying he is a bad teammate. Maybe just immature.
Reply/Quote
Or maybe he is fighting the fake perception of him painted by Marvin. Let's not act like we haven't seen receivers and qb miscommunicate (veterans. STAR players). Rookies fumble after a legit hit. Heck Mixon did and he wasn't benched for the season.

And it's a dangerous precedent to attack an injured player for fighting through or hiding an injury. I doubt coaches are "really" mad about that. Id guess plenty of players (especially ones that are fighting to keep a job) do.

That's more admirable and understandable given the player wanting to contribute. Not worthy of the attack on his character from Marvin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: Or maybe he is fighting the fake perception of him painted by Marvin. Let's not act like we haven't seen receivers and qb miscommunicate (veterans. STAR players). Rookies fumble after a legit hit. Heck Mixon did and he wasn't benched for the season.

And it's a dangerous precedent to attack an injured player for fighting through or hiding an injury. I doubt coaches are "really" mad about that. Id guess plenty of players (especially ones that are fighting to keep a job) do.

That's more admirable and understandable given the player wanting to contribute. Not worthy of the attack on his character from Marvin.

This is my feeling as well. It seems more like he's defending himself to twitter trolls that he's not a bust rather than trying to stick it to Marvin.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:44 AM)fullonbehavior Wrote: Giving up on a rout when he didn't think the ball was coming his way.  Hiding an injury from the coaches. Posting a video of practice to "prove" that he is healthy hence throwing your coach under the bus.  Not saying he is a bad teammate. Maybe just immature.
Yeah, no receiver has ever given up on a route.  He's the only rookie ever who made a mistake.  Think about what the hell you're saying.  Think about why you're swallowing the Head Clown's bullshit.  I would like to see the Head Clown thrown under a bus.  Literally.  Not that a bus would have enough power to drive over his fat worthless ass.

Or maybe he's just defending himself like any man would.  The ridiculous thing is that he should even have to.  Does Jefro ever have to?  Does Ced, the human turnstile?  Or DreK, the human PI?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:03 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah, no receiver has ever given up on a route.  He's the only rookie ever who made a mistake.  Think about what the hell you're saying.  Think about why you're swallowing the Head Clown's bullshit.  I would like to see the Head Clown thrown under a bus.  Literally.  Not that a bus would have enough power to drive over his fat worthless ass.

Or maybe he's just defending himself like any man would.  The ridiculous thing is that he should even have to.  Does Jefro ever have to?  Does Ced, the human turnstile?  Or DreK, the human PI?

A lot of players actively try not to engage with "fans" who hassle them.
I haven't seen Ogbuehi post much on Twitter, especially ever trying to defend himself or responding to trolls. But I can imagine a lot of people give him crap for his performance.
I've seen DK occasionally try to defend himself, but it's not as common as I remember it being from 1-2 years ago.
In the age of social media, one has to either have really tough skin or not really be on social media because there are critics everywhere and social media gives people a weird sense that their opinion matters to these athletes/stars.

Bottom line: It may help John Ross to be less engaging with the critics, but I agree that he shouldn't have to defend himself if he chose not to.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
With Marvin coming back John Ross' career probably pretty much just ended. He may want to consider retirement.
Reply/Quote
I still like Ross, just my 2 cents...I think he can be next years WJIII.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Now that John Ross rookie campaign can be filed away in the trash ....what can we expect in 2018 from him?
I heard reports he hid a injury from Lewis....he's in Marvins doghouse
But what I do know is that offense was dead last in ypg in the NFL
And it was 26th in ppg.
Having a player that possesses Ross's speed watch from the sidelines doesn't help a offense that's void of
Field stretchers
I just wonder  if Lazor and Lewis Are On THE Same Page IN Regards To Ross.
He needs to be a serious part of the game plan if this team is to challenge for the division again
Throwing to Erickson and LaFell doesn't exactly light up.the scoreboard

With Marv back who knows, but i think once Ross can stay healthy and show what he has it will be impossible
to keep him on the bench. Too much talent at a position of need with skills this team DESPERATELY needs.

With a new O-line coach Dalton might also have some time to get him the ball.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4M70dy.png]
Reply/Quote
Unlike the Ross bashers ,I don't put it on Ross, you got to be given more then 2 freaking targets to see if you can be any good. With that said I agree with another poster,I'm not going all in on him,I would also look at receivers in the draft or free agencgly, and I believe Brandon lafell HAS TO GO, he's not the playmaker we need I like Boyd better then him.
Reply/Quote
total rookie growing pains.. some players mentioned the lack of focus early in the season... not on the same page with others.. hiding injuries...

I have pointed this out numerous times, the Bengals play their higher picks .. hell they did it this year outside of Ross  Mixon, Willis and Lawson all played a good amount when healthy
Reply/Quote
Who?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Time will tell, but Mike Brown over-reaching for Ross  based on little game-tape and raw potential (and possibly against the wishes of people who don't run the team) makes me think he was channeling his inner zombie-era Al Davis during the 1st round of the 2017 draft.

Don't know if he was a reach, the draft class was pretty bad for top tier talent.  The only reason I would maybe call him a reach is because Howard was still on the board.  About half the first round selections could have been considered a reach as there was no top tier talent outside of a select few.  That being said hindsight is 20-20, I don't think he ever breaks 500 yards in a Bengals uniform.
Reply/Quote
Mehhh I think it's overreactions from you guys. I think Marvin was just trying to help the young kid grow up. He kinda did the same with Mixon and Mixon took it and ran with it. I think Ross will be fine, he just needs to get healthy and get in the playbook. He has a full offseason to do this and a full training camp. I think he will definitely have an impact on this upcoming season. I understand you guys are mad about ML coming back and lack of playoff success but sorry I just dont think a personal vendetta is causing ML to sabotage Ross' career. Absolutely crazy.
Reply/Quote