Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Haters
So are we still supposed to eat that John Ross crow or has the subject of this thread officially been changed to AJ Green?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He played 13 games in 2013, 13 games in 2014, and 14 games in 2016. Seems like 2015 was the only year he was out.
Still you have to admit they over reacted to his 40 time and ignored the risks. I guess they keep drafting injured players to see if they can draft a HOF player like Anthony Munoz.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:25 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Still you have to admit they over reacted to his 40 time and ignored the risks. I guess they keep drafting injured players to see if they can draft a HOF player like Anthony Munoz.

Oh it was a bad pick, not debating that. I understand they wanted to replace AJ, but there was so many other better players on the board at the time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh it was a bad pick, not debating that. I understand they wanted to replace AJ, but there was so many other better players on the board at the time.

Completely agree! Never, ever liked the pick, especially in the first rd.

Here is the thing that really chaps me though, why does Cincy keep drafting injured players in the first? Two out of the last four years they draft guys that are a year away from being g able to contribute. 

JR couldn't carry AJ Greens jock.

Ts, I liked the Williams pick for the future. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:00 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You would still have seven mil to sign another free agent. Hart and Brown were not top free agents but they both have contributed more than AJ over the last year and a half.

Have they, though? I would argue that Brown being on the field was actually a negative production that is worse than never being on the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 03:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Have they, though? I would argue that Brown being on the field was actually a negative production that is worse than never being on the field.

Your way of thinking says we should give AJ a five year 100 million contract and let him stay home because we would be better off than trying to sign free agents. MB sucks at being a GM but at least he didn't hire you.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 03:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Your way of thinking says we should give AJ a five year 100 million contract and let him stay home because we would be better off than trying to sign free agents. MB sucks at being a GM but at least he didn't hire you.

That's an interesting interpretation of me simply saying that negative value is worse than zero value.

Literally nothing you just responded with was in my post. Maybe go back, read my post a bit more carefully, and try again?

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 05:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's an interesting interpretation of me simply saying that negative value is worse than zero value.

Literally nothing you just responded with was in my post. Maybe go back, read my post a bit more carefully, and try again?

Negative value for AJ because of missed games and loss of expected production. Not to mention the 15 million that could have been spent on other players. I guess you expected Hart and Brown to be all pros?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 08:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Negative value for AJ because of missed games and loss of expected production. Not to mention the 15 million that could have been spent on other players. I guess you expected Hart and Brown to be all pros?

You're really hooked on this whole deciding I said/mean things other than what I said, aren't you? Let me put it this way, which I am sure you'll decide means I said something else I never said....

If Preston Brown was hurt and out all year long like AJ, the defense would have literally been better than it was with him playing. If this were baseball, AJ Green would have 0.0 WAR (due to not playing) and Preston Brown would have like -2.0 WAR (for playing worse than a replacement-level player. 

Negative is worse than zero. 

That is literally all I was ever saying before you launched into a weird self-induced rant about 5yr/$100m and All-Pros.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 1 better game than the guy we paid 15 million this year and has not had a great year in a long time while collecting huge compensation Green.

Again, not turning on AJ, it is a fact and haters of Ross can't complain about Ross injuries while ignoring Green's injuries.

AJ is aging and on the down side of a great career, which has nothing to do the failure of ultra-bust John Ross.

Ross has never even gotten his career started. Top 10 pick and we are nearing the end of his 3rd season and he's yet to total even 600 receiving yards over those 3 years. AJ had 1057 in his rookie season.

Ross has only played in 21 out of 45 games.

At the rate Ross is going he'll not pass AJ's rookie season by the time his 4 year contract is up. Pathetic.

Reply/Quote
Ross was another one of those picks I hated when it happened. Green was the last time that I didn't hate the pick. I will say I think the Bengals thought they would get Ragnow and were caught not getting him.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:19 PM)Destro Wrote: Ross was another one of those picks I hated when it happened. Green was the last time that I didn't hate the pick. I will say I think the Bengals thought they would get Ragnow and were caught not getting him.

I'm with ya... I liked the Eifert and Dennard picks too though. I didn't think Jonah Williams would fall to us, but I'll take it. But all in all, I didn't like the Ross, Jackson or Ogbuehi picks. I'd never heard of Cedric, and wish it had stayed that way.

Having said that... Diggin' up old threads is weak. Weaker than telling people to eat crow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The title of the thread stated the purpose of the thread. This thread was about those who relentlessly attack a player(s) based on draft position and rooting for their negatives to come true. These fans don't want Ross to succeed now, they are to invested in his failure to root for his resurrection.

In contrast, AJ can't get on the field and makes over 2x what Ross makes and same fans ignore it. Yes, I agree one game was aggressive, but he also had more TD's the past 2 years than Boyd, I think he still does in spite of his injuries. People ignore it because it goes against Ross is a bust (means should not be on a NFL roster) label.

At least AJ gave us years of excellence before his derailment full of injuries
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Should we all bow down to Ross with his 2 receptions and 24 yards today? He's taking up a valuable roster spot that could be literally anyone more productive. I hope they just move on this off season.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 09:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: AJ is aging and on the down side of a great career, which has nothing to do the failure of ultra-bust John Ross.

Ross has never even gotten his career started. Top 10 pick and we are nearing the end of his 3rd season and he's yet to total even 600 receiving yards over those 3 years. AJ had 1057 in his rookie season.

Ross has only played in 21 out of 45 games.

At the rate Ross is going he'll not pass AJ's rookie season by the time his 4 year contract is up. Pathetic.

We obviously won't pick up his 5th year option...so next year will be his last year here is what I'd guess.

I'd take Burrow 1st and Jefferson in the 2nd Round to give him a WR he's comfortable with.
Reply/Quote